Topics

Eclipse photos Did You see it today?

Bonnie KQ6XA

Did you see the eclipse today?

Here's a couple of photos of total eclipse "Baily's beads" and
prominences that I took in Ontario, Oregon, thru a small telescope.

attached photos.

-Bonnie KQ6XA

kb1chu@...

We only had just over 60 percent here in Ma. Thanks for the very cool pictures. I noticed that there are not too many flares! Steve kb1chu

On 08/21/2017 06:34 PM, Bonnie KQ6XA wrote:
Did you see the eclipse today?

Here's a couple of photos of total eclipse "Baily's beads" and
prominences that I took in Ontario, Oregon, thru a small telescope.

attached photos.

-Bonnie KQ6XA

Bryce Nordgren

Beautiful pics!

Ontairo, OR? We were just above you across the border into ID; at a saddle on the way up to Snowbank Mtn. (https://www.google.com/maps/place/44°25'20.1"N+116°08'34.5"W/@44.4222608,-116.1451027,561m)

I have no real good pics of the totality because I was trying to soak it all in, but we have about 2.5 minutes of HD video of the moon's shadow coming in from the horizon. You're probably in that video somewhere. I also have a bunch of H-alpha images which I need to process. (Took a shot every 2 minutes for the three hours of the partial eclipse.) The  one frame I selected to process first is attached.

Bryce
AF7RQ

Mike Nason

This is the best one we took. No telescope though.  I like this one just coming out of totality.
Mike KA7HBB

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone

--
Mike Nason KA7HBB

Polk Co Oregon ARES member

WVØH Myron

This was all I could muster from Denver. An 11.5dB reduction of light was reminiscent of the 1979 eclipse I witnessed from the same distance up in ND.

(Canon EOS 5D, 24-105mm f/4 L, ISO 800, f/6.3, 105mm, 1/250s with one of the lenses from those solar eclipse glasses held over the lens.)

72
Myron
WVØH
Printed On Recycled Data