Topics

Czech RF-10 Spares

Brian Haren

Hello All!

Over the past month I picked up two Czech RF-10 radio sets from a dealer here in the US. Both sets are in overall excellent condition, but one of the handsets is inoperative. It will break squelch, but there is no audio, so I suspect a bad mic element. The dealer I got them from does not have replacement parts, so I'm wondering if anyone on this group knows of a source for replacements. I'd like to get a good working handset and if possible an extra battery pack.

Thanks in advance!

Brian
W8BYH

Charles Agosti

One of the buttons on the habdset should make a beep beep when pressed I'm not sure if you need to PTT at same time it will test if tx modulator is working

On Sep 2, 2017 8:33 PM, "Brian Haren" <brian.haren@...> wrote:
Hello All!

Over the past month I picked up two Czech RF-10 radio sets from a dealer here in the US. Both sets are in overall excellent condition, but one of the handsets is inoperative. It will break squelch, but there is no audio, so I suspect a bad mic element. The dealer I got them from does not have replacement parts, so I'm wondering if anyone on this group knows of a source for replacements. I'd like to get a good working handset and if possible an extra battery pack.

Thanks in advance!

Brian
W8BYH

Brian Haren

Charles,

Thanks for the information. I was able to confirm that the problem is in the handset and not the radio. A friend and I switched handsets around between radios and it's clear where the problem lies. It's interesting that the handsets overall are not that sturdy - certainly not up to something like a NATO standard for ruggedness and water resistance. But when they work they work well.

Brian
W8BYH

--
Brian Haren