Topics

CW Pedestrian Mobile

Bonnie KQ6XA

/PEDESTRIAN MOBILE CW key attached to belt with gaffers tape, for walking while sending on HF.

This works with a mini paddle/keyer also, but I like the straight key better for /PM.

I've had many wonderful walking QSOs with this setup, using the Vertex VX-1210 radio, Super Antenna MP1 SuperWhip, single dragging wire counterpoise, and the russian manpack straight key shown in these photos.

-KQ6XA

Ray Nelson

Where would one acquire one of those items for my Yaesu FT-891, that I'm putting together a backpack rig like yourself?

Ray Nelson N4FDT

Bagdad, KY

Bonnie KQ6XA

Which items do you need?