Topics

A Visit from Ham Santa twas the night before and all through the

Bonnie KQ6XA

A Visit from Ham Santa
by Bonnie Crystal

'Twas the week before Straight Key, when all through the bands,
No linear amp was whirring, nor warming our hands.
Digital modes playing like flutes in the air,
Hoping Ham Santa soon would be there.

The SDRs were nestled, plugged into their ports,
Decoding some callsigns... We heard some strange snorts!
Snow in the meadow, ice on the long wire,
Reindeer hooves pounded, or was that a choir?

Were we really dreaming, actually sleeping in bed,
As visions of pile-ups simply danced in our head?

Sounded quite odd, as we threw off the earphone,
And that's when we noticed, no, we ain't alone.
But, the noise was real and the dial lights glowed,
A team of reindeer, in the field where it snowed!

We got up from the chair and stoked up the fire,
Ham Santa's sleigh was caught on a guy wire.

good turns

Very nice.
I hope they got free leaving long wire unharmed and sprinkled magic dust, opening the bands.
Merry Christmas from Marion.
K9ZZP

On Dec 25, 2017, at 12:08 AM, Bonnie KQ6XA <bonniekq6xa@...> wrote:

A Visit from Ham Santa
by Bonnie Crystal

'Twas the week before Straight Key, when all through the bands,
No linear amp was whirring, nor warming our hands.
Digital modes playing like flutes in the air,
Hoping Ham Santa soon would be there.

The SDRs were nestled, plugged into their ports,
Decoding some callsigns... We heard some strange snorts!
Snow in the meadow, ice on the long wire,
Reindeer hooves pounded, or was that a choir?

Were we really dreaming, actually sleeping in bed,
As visions of pile-ups simply danced in our head?

Sounded quite odd, as we threw off the earphone,
And that's when we noticed, no, we ain't alone.
But, the noise was real and the dial lights glowed,
A team of reindeer, in the field where it snowed!

We got up from the chair and stoked up the fire,
Ham Santa's sleigh was caught on a guy wire.

Foster W. Nye

Happy Holidays Bonnie and the group

Subject: [hfpack] A Visit from Ham Santa twas the night before and all through the
To: hfpack@groups.io