Topics

17 meters

Fred Lesnick VE3FAL/CIW649

Anyone around on HF Pack 17 meter frequency

It is 1843z

--
Fred VE3FAL/CIW649

Doug Henry

Fred, I tried to call but bands dead.

Doug

On Nov 25, 2017 2:43 PM, "Fred Lesnick VE3FAL/CIW649" <flesnick@...> wrote:
Anyone around on HF Pack 17 meter frequency

It is 1843z

--
Fred VE3FAL/CIW649

Bonnie KQ6XA

I notice some activity on the HFpack calling frequency 18157.5 kHz USB today.
Propagation is better.
-Bonnie KQ6XA

Mark Wickens

This is a great explanation of how a ground tuning unit works: http://www.vk5pas.com/uploads/1/3/9/8/13982788/-guide_to_building_a_portable_station_complete_with__gtu__1_.pdf
I have worked groundwave to G4AKC/PM a couple of times from SOTA summits with his trolley-based pedestrian mobile system - from The Old Man of Consiton summit in May he was talking to a VK station!

Regards, Mark

On 30 November 2017 at 22:22, Bonnie KQ6XA <bonniekq6xa@...> wrote:
I notice some activity on the HFpack calling frequency 18157.5 kHz USB today.
Propagation is better.
-Bonnie KQ6XA

Mel Farrer, K6KBE

A good group to keep in mind for propagation conditions is on 18.164 USB.  From about 9 to 10:30AM west coast time.  Stations in daylight from around the world have checked in, ZL and VK and all sections of the US.  They give signal reports and conditions.  FYI.

Mel, K6KBE

I have worked groundwave to G4AKC/PM a couple of times from SOTA summits with his trolley-based pedestrian mobile system - from The Old Man of Consiton summit in May he was talking to a VK station!

Regards, Mark

On 30 November 2017 at 22:22, Bonnie KQ6XA <bonniekq6xa@...> wrote:
I notice some activity on the HFpack calling frequency 18157.5 kHz USB today.
Propagation is better.
-Bonnie KQ6XA

Chuck Stephens

There is a group of us that get on everyday @ 1800Z on 18.1575. Right now there is a station in Jamaica for the winter callsign 6Y6Y AKA W8YCM and he'll be there for about 3 months His name is Les and he's good on QRZ. He's running an Icom 7300 to a dipole on the beach. Your liable to hear him calling CQ at any time or just give him a call. There's a good chance he'll hear you.
WB6FQZ