Re: Pascal

Paul Edwards

On Sun, Oct 24, 2021 at 04:47 AM, Joe Monk wrote:

Right, so the negative index, typically -1, adds a whopping
4 GiB to my address, putting it into the 4 GiB - 8 GiB range
where there is no memory present, and thus it crashes.
Why isnt there memory there? DAT takes care of this mapping.
That's a really good idea. That will indeed solve my immediate
problem. But in the long term I don't want to map the 4 GiB
to 8 GiB region onto the 0 - 4 GiB region as that is a kludge.
I want the compiler to generate the code I want. And I want to
run with DAT off (as now), and be able to load 64-bit programs
into the 4 GiB to 8 GiB virtual region instead of having a hole.

But yes, I'll pencil this in as something to do in the short term,
to replace my other solution of using AM31 in z/Arch.

BFN. Paul.

Join hercules-380@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.