Re: Pascal

Joe Monk

"Right, so the negative index, typically -1, adds a whopping
4 GiB to my address, putting it into the 4 GiB - 8 GiB range
where there is no memory present, and thus it crashes."

Why isnt there memory there? DAT takes care of this mapping.

Joe

On Sat, Oct 23, 2021 at 12:41 PM Paul Edwards <mutazilah@...> wrote:
On Sun, Oct 24, 2021 at 04:36 AM, Joe Monk wrote:

> "The z/Arch quote talks of AM31. I'm running AM64."
>
> z/arch PrincOps says: "Unsigned binary arithmetic is used in address
> arithmetic for adding the X, B, and D fields."

Right, so the negative index, typically -1, adds a whopping
4 GiB to my address, putting it into the 4 GiB - 8 GiB range
where there is no memory present, and thus it crashes.

BFN. Paul.

Join hercules-380@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.