Topics

XMMT.OCX not correctly registered

Andy VA3PL

I think I screwed up and I need help.
This is new installation on new Windows 10 machine.

I have got this:

Error 339 (Component 'XMMT.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: File is missing or invalid)
in procedure Toolbar1_MouseUp or form MDIForm.

XMMT.OCX is in Logger

How to solve this....help

Andy SP9KR
Retirement is the best job I've ever had

Mike

On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 07:18 PM, Andy VA3PL wrote:
Error 339 (Component 'XMMT.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: File is missing or invalid)

XMMT.OCX is in Logger

Easy way: get rid of windows10 crapware and go back to 7.
Harder way: register manually.
Hard way: learn why and how win10 blocked registration of that file and force OS to do what is was asked. Could be impossible :)
Mike

Gary Hinson

The Logger32 installer generally handles this just fine, so an easy option should be to deinstall then reinstall Logger32 and let it update itself, AFTER having first made a safety backup of your log (e.g. copy the entire Logger32 directory to a USB stick, then take it out of the drive and stash it somewhere safe) just in case things go horribly wrong. 

Also there’s always the Universal Solution: reboot and hope for the best.  Roughly half of all mysterious PC/Windows/network problems are solved by a simple reboot … which is why solid state system disks are so popular I guess.

73 GL

Gary  ZL2iFB@home

From: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike
Sent: 08 May 2020 08:10
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] XMMT.OCX not correctly registered

XMMT.OCX is in Logger

Hard way: learn why and how win10 blocked registration of that file and force OS to do what is was asked. Could be impossible :)
Mike

Bob

A new installation on a new PC? Did you forget to run Logger32 as an Administrator? Did you adjust the PCs UAC to a more sane level? Di you install anti-virus software on the PC (they often come with bundles of bloatware). Have they been tamed? The XMMT.OCX is needed for MMTTY. It is a self registering OCX an it is in the \Logger32 directory. Most likely you PC setup somewhere is preventing the OCX from registering. SeventyThree(s)

PS. Gorgeous day here. Sunrise in about 45 minutes. Air is calm and the sea smooth. Life is good. No masks, no safe-at-home, no 33M jobless claims, no economic meltdown. Just living life the way it was meant to be. Sun, sea, fishing, diving, and excellent company.

On May 7, 2020 at 1:18 PM Andy VA3PL <va3pl@...> wrote:

I have got this:

XMMT.OCX is in Logger

Andy SP9KR

Ken McVie <kenmc@...>

This is BS, 100's or maybe 1000's of W10 users are happily using W10 & L32!

Ken ZL4NR

On 8/05/2020 8:10 am, Mike wrote:

XMMT.OCX is in Logger

Mike

Jim Cox

Amen, been using W10 since converted from W7.  Jim K4JAF

Sent: Thursday, May 7, 2020 5:28 PM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] XMMT.OCX not correctly registered

This is BS, 100's or maybe 1000's of W10 users are happily using W10 & L32!

Ken ZL4NR

On 8/05/2020 8:10 am, Mike wrote:

XMMT.OCX is in Logger

Mike

n5kd

Diving ???

You obviously left Weston-super-Mud.

That’s a comment for Bob.

73’ Pete, N5KD. 

Sent from my mobile

On May 7, 2020, at 16:19, Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

A new installation on a new PC? Did you forget to run Logger32 as an Administrator? Did you adjust the PCs UAC to a more sane level? Di you install anti-virus software on the PC (they often come with bundles of bloatware). Have they been tamed? The XMMT.OCX is needed for MMTTY. It is a self registering OCX an it is in the \Logger32 directory. Most likely you PC setup somewhere is preventing the OCX from registering. SeventyThree(s)

PS. Gorgeous day here. Sunrise in about 45 minutes. Air is calm and the sea smooth. Life is good. No masks, no safe-at-home, no 33M jobless claims, no economic meltdown. Just living life the way it was meant to be. Sun, sea, fishing, diving, and excellent company.
On May 7, 2020 at 1:18 PM Andy VA3PL <va3pl@...> wrote:

I have got this:

XMMT.OCX is in Logger

Andy SP9KR