Topics

WSJTX Cherry Picking in version 3.50.417

Steve Harbin KT5G

Since upgrading to 3.50.417, the WSJT-X cherry picking function no longer seems to honor the "Block callsigns/gridsquares with no highlight from my country" function. I have tried quitting the logger32 app and re-running, selecting/un-selecing the block setting, and rebooting my PC.  All had no effect on remedying the problem.  Any suggestions?

Bob

As a test, I unblocked callsigns worked B4. I see this:

Three callsign in my Country with no highlights. I clicked on 'block callsigns with no highlight ... my country'. Now I see this:

... and magically they disappeared. SeventyThree(s).

On June 2, 2020 at 12:52 PM Steve Harbin KT5G <Kt5g@...> wrote:

Since upgrading to 3.50.417, the WSJT-X cherry picking function no longer seems to honor the "Block callsigns/gridsquares with no highlight from my country" function. I have tried quitting the logger32 app and re-running, selecting/un-selecing the block setting, and rebooting my PC.  All had no effect on remedying the problem.  Any suggestions?

Steve Harbin KT5G

Thanks Bob.  I tried the same thing.  Mine clearly works differently.  I clicked on 'block callsigns with no highlight ... my country'. Now I see this, and it is picking an unhighlighted call in the cherry picker to call.

Bob

... but W6NEV is highlighted (in white). SeventyThree(s).

On June 2, 2020 at 1:46 PM Steve Harbin KT5G <Kt5g@...> wrote:

Thanks Bob.  I tried the same thing.  Mine clearly works differently.  I clicked on 'block callsigns with no highlight ... my country'. Now I see this, and it is picking an unhighlighted call in the cherry picker to call.

Luis EA5L

The same happens to me with JTDX, cherry-picking does not block the callsigns of my country or my continent in this version.
I have returned to version 3.50.416 and it has returned to normal, something has changed in the last version.
Thank you 73
Luis EA5L

Bob

A picture of the UDP BandMap please. A picture of the UDP BandMap running version 3.50.417 with the blocking filters set would be VERY helpful. SeventyThree(s).

On June 4, 2020 at 6:10 PM "Luis EA5L via groups.io" <ea5l@...> wrote:

The same happens to me with JTDX, cherry-picking does not block the callsigns of my country or my continent in this version.
I have returned to version 3.50.416 and it has returned to normal, something has changed in the last version.
Thank you 73
Luis EA5L

Dennis

I am experiencing the same issue. The Cherry Picking Event and manual event viewer viewer no longer work either.  Bugs?

Pete K1OYQ

Bob

Any software has exactly the same number of bugs - 'Just one more'. Certainly there are bugs in the Cherry-picker. But, without any idea as to what you're seeing (or not seeing), I can't comment ... There have been two reports that the cherry-picking options to 'block callsigns/gridsquares with no highlight from my continent' and the same option from my country do not work in 3.50.417. Apparently these reports are imaginary as those reporting have not responded to my prompting for more information. Your report that both the cherry-picking event viewer and manual event viewer 'no longer work' is a first. I'm on standby for a blizzard of similar reports. SeventyThree(s).

PS. While pecking away at the keyboard in reply, my cherry-picker (with the continent/country blocking options turned on) is picking away as energetically a peaceful protester in NYC trying to score a new flat screen TV or new pair of Nike sneakers.

On June 5, 2020 at 10:13 AM Dennis <denlap99@...> wrote:

I am experiencing the same issue. The Cherry Picking Event and manual event viewer viewer no longer work either.  Bugs?

Pete K1OYQ

Darren Collins (G0TSM)

I believe in earlier versions the ‘Sympathy Calls To Stations Calling CQ’ would call any station, whether or not it was showing in the UDP band map.

In this version 417 it appears to be tamer and only calling stations who are calling cq and showing in the UDP band map, which for me is much better as you have some control over who your PC is QSOing.

I’m currently on 17M, beaming to the North with enable Sympathy Calling on, I have checked ‘block calls/grids without highlights from your own continent’ (In my case Eu) and my station is Cherry-Picking replying to Non-Eu CQ stations (without highlights) while picking up the odd highlighted EU station. Previously 416 and earlier would have just called all the CQers, Dx or not.

Cherry-Picking is working fine for me with both countries and grid squares as is the manual calling. Before upgrading my PC I used to find that the cherry picking would stop and I would have to close JTDX and close the UDP port. Once they were both restarted the cherry picking would fire up again.

A dedicated UDP bandmap for the second radio would be nice Bob? SO2R or is that ZO2R (Zero Ops Two Radios).

73 Darren G0TSM

[...]

What you describe is exactly what enhancements were made to the cherry-picker in ver 3.50.417.

SO2R Cherry-picking? It would cause apoplexy at the ARRL. I do like the idea ... sort of like vacuum cleaning the bands (or more in line with my opinion of FT4/FT8, a garbage disposal). SeventyThree(s).

PS. I suspect the more enlightened Flex users are way ahead of you.

On June 5, 2020 at 4:10 PM "Darren Collins (G0TSM)" <daz@...> wrote:

[...]

I still experience different behavior from the previous version whereby it doesn't prevent calls from my country.  I found a workaround by adding the ADIF cc# to the blocked cherry picking list.  This is less convenient if I want to turn picking my country back on for a new band, etc.

I can't recall for sure, but I think the previous version blocked calls from my country regardless of highlighting.  The latest version keys off the highlighting.  And for some reason, it does not think my country has been credited for DXCC-Digital (although I have tons of confirmations).

So the workaround keeps the cherry picker from becoming a band vacuum, although I prefer the last versions method better.

Steve Harbin KT5G

Here is a screenshot of an example where the cherry picker highlights St. Lucia as not being credited for DXCC_Digital and the awards grid showing confirmations on multiple bands of same.

Bob

You said: ... it does not think my country has been credited for DXCC-Digital (although I have tons of confirmations). Please show me a picture of UDP BandMap where Logger32 shows one of the tons of DXCC-Digital and it is not highlighted. Also, you said: I found a workaround by adding the ADIF cc# to the blocked cherry picking list ... What is a CC#? SeventyThree(s).

On June 5, 2020 at 9:41 PM Steve Harbin KT5G <Kt5g@...> wrote:

I still experience different behavior from the previous version whereby it doesn't prevent calls from my country.  I found a workaround by adding the ADIF cc# to the blocked cherry picking list.  This is less convenient if I want to turn picking my country back on for a new band, etc.

I can't recall for sure, but I think the previous version blocked calls from my country regardless of highlighting.  The latest version keys off the highlighting.  And for some reason, it does not think my country has been credited for DXCC-Digital (although I have tons of confirmations).

So the workaround keeps the cherry picker from becoming a band vacuum, although I prefer the last versions method better.

Bob

Coincidence! I had my semi annual visit to my eye doctor yesterday. Good news, my Glaucoma is not getting any worse, so I'm not blind yet. But she have scheduled Posterior Capsulotomy laser surgery for next Thursday. As I'm medically not qualified to comment, I will ask others on the reflector to decide if J68HZ on your UDP BandMap is highlighted or not, and if it is, what color is it highlighted? What does the highlight color (if there is one) does it mean? Apologies, but I'm in a hurry tonight, I still need a new pair of Nikes, so I have to get back to Cable TV News for a local source that's open ...

On June 5, 2020 at 9:50 PM Steve Harbin KT5G <Kt5g@...> wrote:

Here is a screenshot of an example where the cherry picker highlights St. Lucia as not being credited for DXCC_Digital and the awards grid showing confirmations on multiple bands of same.

Steve Harbin KT5G

Edited

Sorry, should have said ADIF DXCC# (291 for the USA, for example).

Like St. Lucia, it highlights all USA callers as not credited for DXCC_DIGITAL.  Here is a screen shot of USA stations (as well as St. Lucia) ...  all highlighted white.  Hopefully, I am understanding your request correctly.  Thanks!

Steve Harbin KT5G

It appears my screenshot didn't post.  Trying again:

Bob

...all highlighted in white (I'll take your word for it). Does Logger32 know USA an St. Lucia is credited? I see the tooltip that says that N5MU in not credited. Are you keeping secrets from you logging software? Why doesn't Logger32 know you have tons of USA confirmations. SeventyThree(s).

On June 5, 2020 at 10:14 PM Steve Harbin KT5G <Kt5g@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Sorry, should have said ADIF DXCC# (291 for the USA, for example).

Like St. Lucia, it highlights all USA callers as not credited for DXCC_DIGITAL.  Here is a screen shot of USA stations (as well as St. Lucia) ...  all highlighted white.  Hopefully, I am understanding your request correctly.  Thanks!

Steve Harbin KT5G

I was unsure about the white highlighting before too.  But you pointed it out in one of my early posts.  That is when I tried digging further to find out why.  The tooltip indicates that they are not credited for DXCC_DIGITAL.  But when I view the Awards/DXCC grid and select DXCC_DIGITAL (see below for the "W" prefix), it shows that I have confirmations in multiple bands (same for St. Lucia).  Not sure where the UDP Band Map derives its information from.  Would think it would be the same place that the Awards map does.

BTW, good luck with you eye surgery.  I know it is no fun recovering from these.  I have had both retina's detach over the past few years.

ja1nlx

Larry

Please show us your DX spot highlight color table.

73

On 2020/06/06 11:30, Steve Harbin KT5G wrote:
I was unsure about the white highlighting before too.  But you pointed it out in one of my early posts.  That is when I tried digging further to find out why.  The tooltip indicates that they are not credited for DXCC_DIGITAL.  But when I view the Awards/DXCC grid and select DXCC_DIGITAL (see below for the "W" prefix), it shows that I have confirmations in multiple bands (same for St. Lucia).  Not sure where the UDP Band Map derives its information from.  Would think it would be the same place that the Awards map does.

BTW, good luck with you eye surgery.  I know it is no fun recovering from these.  I have had both retina's detach over the past few years.

Steve Harbin KT5G

Here ya go: