Topics

WSJT-X

Bob

For those who care, Logger32 auto-update 3.50.393 includes a new FT4 feature. First some background - WSJT-X ver 2.1.0 has incorporated some of the capabilities of JTDX it is now possible to send UDP Reply messages for events other than simply replying to a CQ (as it was before). Unfortunately, they only implemented this for FT4 and not FT8. Also, WSJT-X abandons all retries once a QSO is logged ... It make no effort to get that final precious '73'.

While playing with WSJT-X FT4, I noticed that frequently after a station was logged I would not automatically receive the '73', but a repeat of his previous message. And, because WSJT-X doesn't attempt to recover, it simply went to sleep and no '73' was received.  I added code that attempts to re-synchronize the messages and get the '73'. See the picture below. It is not needed for JTDX, and only works for WSJT-X FT4. SeventyThree(s).

larry fields

Apparently some are not seeing the rest of the picture so I guess I will have to take more and do manually again

On Tue, 27 Aug 2019 01:10 Bob, <k4cy@...> wrote:

[...]

Gary Hinson

Evidently, you are talking in a cryptic language that makes little sense.  😊

If you’d like help, please try again to explain, or at least rearrange the words to more closely resemble plain English.

The clue bucket is empty this end   <OVER>

[...]

check out the picture I added I am seeing multi duplicates on the log some of the same qso and some are on frequencies I never made. For example I used a 6m contact to croatia yesterday. Since I am in Manila it might be very rare especially since the baand has been dead for months

Thanks and 73
Larry Fields: du1/n6hpx
Manila PHILIPPINES

Retired looking for more work
Office:(63)46-571-5687
cell:    (63)916-756-7781
member:
American Radio Relay League W1AW
Philippine Amatuer Radio Association DX1PAR
Philippine Radio Pyramid Society DX1PRS
owner:
LICENSED HAM RADIO OP:
DX1PRS GROUP 145.340 mhz
DX1PAR HF NET  7095.00 khz & 7165.0 khz
DU1/N6HPX:QRX DX1PAR 7095
DX1PRS 7165 khz evening
DX1PRS 145.340 mhz
DX1L 431.9,
SIMPLEX 144.6, 145.600

2M 144.225 SSB ,
APRS n6hpx(-08) HT
SATELLITE:
APRS N6HPX-2 GATEWAY

On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 12:00 AM Gary Hinson <Gary@...> wrote:

[...]

No picture attached Larry ... While we wait, tell me about this phantom 6M contact with Croatia (Croatia again? Do I detect another conspiracy theory from CNN/MSNBC in the making?) ... Please answer these questions for me:

1) Did you make a QSO with Croatia yesterday (yes or no)

2) Was the QSO CW/SSB/ or digital? If digital, using what software and what band/mode was the QSO (three answers needed here)?

3) How did the imaginary 6M QSO get entered into Logger32?

I still have half a bottle of Famous Grouse left for tonight, so if needed, I'll be around for a while. SeventyThree(s).

On August 28, 2019 at 9:42 PM larry fields <n6hpx1@...> wrote:

[...]

... and there's good news and bad news. The good news is that there's a half bottle left, the bad news is that it's a 1.75L bottle. Alchemy lives, the hell with Ham Radio. SeventyThree(s).

On August 28, 2019 at 9:57 PM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

[...]

ja1nlx

Enjoy slowly...:-)

73

On 2019/08/29 11:08, Bob wrote:

[...]

Aki, I have many years of experience at this ... I'm good for about another four, maybe five hours, then I'll fall down ... When I do, you can pick up the ball for me. SeventyThree(s)AndBackToTheFamousGrouse.

On August 28, 2019 at 10:12 PM ja1nlx <ayoshida0205@...> wrote:

Enjoy slowly...:-)

73

On 2019/08/29 11:08, Bob wrote:

[...]

No I did not make a qso to croatia, but the same log is showing where it shows me making QSO with stations in the USA on 6m. And no I never made qso to the USA on 6m. Most of my 6m qso been here locally, like japan,philippines, ,malaysia .
 I mentioned Croatia as a example of some of the mistakes in my log that I been seeing as Duplicates and some are in the same location.

check out these pictures I took yesterday. I don't understand why this is happening as I use FT8,JT65 and RTTY software alot with others.

On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 1:57 AM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

[...]

check out the Picture of the Japanese callsigns I see this alot not just in that spot but others

On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 2:30 AM Larry Fields <n6hpx1@...> wrote:
[...]

Multi duplicates this is what I am talking about

[...]

Are you making QSOs in WSJT-X or JTDX, then transferring them to Logger32?  If so, do you have BOTH UDP and TCP options configured?  If so, BOTH networking mechanisms are used, leading to duplicate entries in your Logger32 log.  Disable either one to stop the duplication.

73

Gary   ZL2iFB

[...]

Larry, I have the picture already. Please listen carefully ... You said this: but the same log is showing where it shows me making QSO with stations in the USA on 6m ... I believe you brother, but which log? What is the origin of these imaginary 6M QSOs? What software did you use to make these QSOs? And what band were they really on? Or maybe you need you PC needs exorcism? Dunno why, but you seem reluctant to share with me where these imaginary QSOs come from. How did they get into Logger32? Did you import a file? Was it Divine intervention? What file did you import into Logger32 that tells you that you worked the USA on 6M (when you didn't). Larry, you're not helping me to help you. SeventyThree(s)AndBackToTheFamousGrouse.

PS. Let me take a late night SWAG (Scientific Wild Assed Guess) ... Is it possible that you/re using this incredibly awesome software (whatever it is) to make these QSOs on whatever band you're making then but this awesome software is not reading your actual radio VFO frequency and thinks you're on 6M. Your 20M QSOs (or whatever band) are logged as being on 6M (because the software doesn't know you're actually on 20M). Then you import this log (which you won't share with me) into Logger32 then complain its on the wrong frequency, it's a duplicate, and you never made the QSO ... I'm trying Larry, help me out here ...

On August 28, 2019 at 10:30 PM larry fields <n6hpx1@...> wrote:

[...]

Larry, my sincere apologies, but we are simply not communicating. I'm not even sure we are talking the same language. I learned English from the VOA, and as my second language in high school. Its my fourth or maybe fifth language, and I'll be the first to complain that it is a piss poor language for communication. Try French, Zulu, Shona, Afrikaans, or maybe even Tagalog, and we're in business. In the absence of that, I need to see the file you're importing into Logger32 with these imaginary QSOs, or I'm simply going to have to leave it so others on this reflector (some 4000+ I think) who have a better grasp of the English language than I do to offer their advise/assistance. SeventyThree(s).

On August 28, 2019 at 10:40 PM larry fields <n6hpx1@...> wrote:

[...]

Well, it's tomorrow already, and this glass is empty (personal note to myself - get bigger glasses). The silence on the reflector is deafening. I'm embarrassed (maybe even humiliated) ... I failed dismally on this one ... In 21st century speak: 'Me bad' ... I have unsubscribed from the reflector ... to quote for Hamlet, Act III, Scene I To sleep: perchance to dream ... or, if you were alive in 1956, Elvis has left the building ...

On August 28, 2019 at 11:26 PM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

[...]

Hey Bob I was from California and worked for the USN for 40 yrs, my Uncle was a former US President name Taylor. I was just curious if any one else had problems in there log as like my picture I sent here where I saw duplicates in a row of the same call signs. Like the Japanese ones shown. I was using the Croatian station as a example but yes I have seen on the Log where it listed some 6m contacts that wasn't true. No I never made a QSO to Croatia from Manila but sure wished I had done so would be a super one with a dipole antenna.
I will figure it out and may have to go to the log manually (again) and delete the wrong adds. I saw many comments from Hams when I sent the log to QRZ and clublog to double check since it was noted as wrong in there systems.

73 from An American living over seas