Wrong beam headings?

Chuck Kraly K0XM

Somehow, I got a screwed up database and the beam heading is wrong for a number of countries. How can i wipe the bad data and start fresh?
I tried the clublog update and it did not seem to help. I still show OJ0 as 327 degrees from Kansas City, as is KC4AAA Antarctica
Chuck K0XM

Gary Hinson

Hi Chuck.

Check your station location: right-click any of the data entry fields in the logbook entry pane, then go to Setup → My QTH Lat/long.

Then enter/check your QTH info [this is mine!]:

By coincidence, I’m in currently revising the User Manual section that covers this.  Very timely!

Gary  ZL2iFB

From: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> On Behalf Of Chuck Kraly K0XM
Sent: 20 June 2021 12:55
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: [hamlogger] Wrong beam headings?

Somehow, I got a screwed up database and the beam heading is wrong for a number of countries. How can i wipe the bad data and start fresh?
I tried the clublog update and it did not seem to help. I still show OJ0 as 327 degrees from Kansas City, as is KC4AAA Antarctica
Chuck K0XM

Chuck Kraly K0XM

H Gary,
I verified that. even made sure the GRID and LAT/LONG both were correct. No difference.

Bob

The incorrect bearing is showing where - On the bearing/distance pane of the upper status bar, on the tracking window, or both? 

You've checked the start point of bearing calculation (your lat/lon). How about the end point od the calculation (the location of OJ0)? Click TOOLS | DATABASE MAINTENANCE | COUNTRY/PREFIX MAINTENANCE. Scroll down to OJ0 and click on it. The Lat/Lon should be something like 60.3 and-19.

SeventyThree(s).

On 06/20/2021 6:51 AM Chuck Kraly K0XM <k0xm@...> wrote:

H Gary,
I verified that. even made sure the GRID and LAT/LONG both were correct. No difference.

Chuck Kraly K0XM

Sorry about that Bob,

I will confirm that item you mentioned....

Chuck Kraly K0XM

That info is correct in the database. It is not a show stopper. I will do some more checking.

Chuck Kraly K0XM

I finally had a few minutes to see what was up. I found my Lat/Long had changed somehow, Once i re-entered the info all is ok now. Thanks everyone.

Gary Hinson

No problem Chuck.

I’ve added a few notes to the manual since Logger32 now associates the Station location with the “Operator” (i.e. the callsign you are using to make QSOs).  So, if you change Operator, your Station location may also change. 

If, for instance, you set up a different Operator for a portable activity on Field Day (e.g. K0XM/P), you should also check/update the Station location accordingly for that Operator, leaving your normal Operator (K0XM) associated with your normal Station location (your home shack, presumably).  If for some reason at some point you change Operator to K0XM/P, your station location will revert to wherever you were last camped out on Field Day … unless you then update it.

By the way, TQSL also caters for different Station Locations, so when you sign and upload QSOs made from various locations through TQSL to LoTW, you can include the relevant grid squares and other details (e.g. state, county, IOTA ref) as appropriate.  That way, the people you contacted and logged get the correct locations confirmed.

Gary  ZL2iFB

From: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> On Behalf Of Chuck Kraly K0XM
Sent: 30 June 2021 21:46
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] Wrong beam headings?

I finally had a few minutes to see what was up. I found my Lat/Long had changed somehow, Once i re-entered the info all is ok now. Thanks everyone.