Topics

where Logger32 keeps the logs?

Alex Malyava - K2BB

Hi all,
my SSD drive have failed... it is not recognized as properly functional disk drive, but still can be recovered on the file level utilizing special software.

I copied whole X:\Logger32 folder to my main C drive, but the Q's I see there are 3 years old, as of the moment I copied them from another machine.

What am I missing?
Is there any other location with log database? Maybe some \\AppData whatever?

Thanks,
Alex K2BB

PS - and yes, I will do backups from now on :)

Bob

On November 8, 2019 at 11:27 AM Alex Malyava - K2BB <alex.k2bb@...> wrote:

Hi all,
my SSD drive have failed... it is not recognized as properly functional disk drive, but still can be recovered on the file level utilizing special software.

I copied whole X:\Logger32 folder to my main C drive, but the Q's I see there are 3 years old, as of the moment I copied them from another machine.

What am I missing?
Is there any other location with log database? Maybe some \\AppData whatever?

Thanks,
Alex K2BB

PS - and yes, I will do backups from now on :)

Alex Malyava - K2BB

Thanks Bob,
sounds like a plan.
another question - are you sure that lotw-paper qsl progress is in those 3 files as well?
I have no problem importing my log from the lotw, but I will have to go through all of those paper cards and entering them again :)

thanks,
Alex K2BB

On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 12:13 PM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:
On November 8, 2019 at 11:27 AM Alex Malyava - K2BB <alex.k2bb@...> wrote:

Hi all,
my SSD drive have failed... it is not recognized as properly functional disk drive, but still can be recovered on the file level utilizing special software.

I copied whole X:\Logger32 folder to my main C drive, but the Q's I see there are 3 years old, as of the moment I copied them from another machine.

What am I missing?
Is there any other location with log database? Maybe some \\AppData whatever?

Thanks,
Alex K2BB

PS - and yes, I will do backups from now on :)

Alex Malyava - K2BB

never mind, all the stats were recovered.
I found what was the root cause of the problem.
I have disk C with 3-years old copy of Logger 32.
I have recovered Logger32 folder for X drive into some E:\Logger32 folder and ran the logger from there, but the config values are still pointing to the C:\Logger32 version which is outdated.
Repointed it to the right folder and everything is there !!!
Wow, I feel good :)

On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 1:18 PM Alex Malyava <alex.k2bb@...> wrote:
[...]

Alex, I am not sure what you mean by LoTW-paper QSL progress. The three files contain all QSL status flags - QSOs marked to send a QSL, QSOs with QSLs sent, QSOs with QSL received (by QSL I mean paper, LoTW and eQSL). Also, these three files contain all award statistics - submitted and granted. 73.