Topics

where Logger32 keeps the logs?

Alex Malyava - K2BB

Hi all,
my SSD drive have failed... it is not recognized as properly functional disk drive, but still can be recovered on the file level utilizing special software.

I copied whole X:\Logger32 folder to my main C drive, but the Q's I see there are 3 years old, as of the moment I copied them from another machine.

What am I missing?
Is there any other location with log database? Maybe some \\AppData whatever?

Thanks,
Alex K2BB

PS - and yes, I will do backups from now on :)

Bob

On November 8, 2019 at 11:27 AM Alex Malyava - K2BB <alex.k2bb@...> wrote:

Hi all,
my SSD drive have failed... it is not recognized as properly functional disk drive, but still can be recovered on the file level utilizing special software.

I copied whole X:\Logger32 folder to my main C drive, but the Q's I see there are 3 years old, as of the moment I copied them from another machine.

What am I missing?
Is there any other location with log database? Maybe some \\AppData whatever?

Thanks,
Alex K2BB

PS - and yes, I will do backups from now on :)

Alex Malyava - K2BB

Thanks Bob,
sounds like a plan.
another question - are you sure that lotw-paper qsl progress is in those 3 files as well?
I have no problem importing my log from the lotw, but I will have to go through all of those paper cards and entering them again :)

thanks,
Alex K2BB

On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 12:13 PM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:
On November 8, 2019 at 11:27 AM Alex Malyava - K2BB <alex.k2bb@...> wrote:

Hi all,
my SSD drive have failed... it is not recognized as properly functional disk drive, but still can be recovered on the file level utilizing special software.

I copied whole X:\Logger32 folder to my main C drive, but the Q's I see there are 3 years old, as of the moment I copied them from another machine.

What am I missing?
Is there any other location with log database? Maybe some \\AppData whatever?

Thanks,
Alex K2BB

PS - and yes, I will do backups from now on :)

Alex Malyava - K2BB

never mind, all the stats were recovered.
I found what was the root cause of the problem.
I have disk C with 3-years old copy of Logger 32.
I have recovered Logger32 folder for X drive into some E:\Logger32 folder and ran the logger from there, but the config values are still pointing to the C:\Logger32 version which is outdated.
Repointed it to the right folder and everything is there !!!
Wow, I feel good :)

On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 1:18 PM Alex Malyava <alex.k2bb@...> wrote:
[...]

Alex, I am not sure what you mean by LoTW-paper QSL progress. The three files contain all QSL status flags - QSOs marked to send a QSL, QSOs with QSLs sent, QSOs with QSL received (by QSL I mean paper, LoTW and eQSL). Also, these three files contain all award statistics - submitted and granted. 73.

On November 8, 2019 at 1:18 PM Alex Malyava - K2BB <alex.k2bb@...> wrote:

[...]

André C

Hello Bob, could you provide me with the complete logger32.ini file
--
73 de VE2WNF

Bob

My Logger32.INI will not work for you. It is customized for my PC, My personal settings, my serial ports. Why do you want my INI, what is wrong with yours? The title of your message is "Where  Logger32 keeps the logs" ... Look at the title of the Logbook Page Window. That is where the logs are. 73.

On 11/16/2020 2:45 AM André C <acme9283@...> wrote:

Hello Bob, could you provide me with the complete logger32.ini file
--
73 de VE2WNF

André C

Hello Bob,   Because I want to know under which section you place the Logbook path =  and Logbook to use =
I would like to move the logbook under another folder and I want to place those lines in the proper section to define the new path.
Also, could it be possible in future updates to insert a line space in logger.ini between each section to make it more readable?
--
73 de VE2WNF

Bob

Look in the [Globals] section of the INI. Look for:

[Globals]
Logbook to use=xxxx
Logbook Path=xxxx

If you are going to move the logbook, remember a logbook is a set of four files that you must copy. Then what about all the supporting statistics files ... I forget, but its something like 24 files total.

Unless you have huge testicles, I'd recommend you export your logbook to an ADIF file. Create a new empty logbook in the location and name you want. Import the ADIF file you just made. When you are happy with what you have done the delete all the old files.

SeventyThree(s).

On 11/17/2020 11:17 AM André C <acme9283@...> wrote:

Hello Bob,   Because I want to know under which section you place the Logbook path =  and Logbook to use =
I would like to move the logbook under another folder and I want to place those lines in the proper section to define the new path.
Also, could it be possible in future updates to insert a line space in logger.ini between each section to make it more readable?
--
73 de VE2WNF

Gary Hinson

… And once you have added blank lines before the .INI section names, André, those blanks remain indefinitely: Logger32 doesn’t strip them out.

[I agree it would have been nice if the blanks were in there by default, but maybe it’s not A Good Idea to help us edit the .INI directly unless we know what we are doing and appreciate risks!]

[...]

Thank You.  I just had made a backup last night, so I just edited the logger32.ini to reflect my request and reimport the backup from last night and everything was recreated.  But what confused me, earlier you said only 3 files were requested and after that you said 4 files, and everything will be recreated.  So long story short, only 4 files are then requested right ? Everything else is rebuilt ?
--
73 de VE2WNF

Bob

If you have modified the INI, then a new empty logbook was created when you started Logger32. After importing the ADIF file, you now have recreated the logbook and all statistics files (24 files I think). Once you are satisfied it is working as expected, you can now delete the old logbook and statistics files. Yes, the logbook is four files. 73.