Topics

where Logger32 keeps the logs?

Alex Malyava - K2BB

Hi all,
my SSD drive have failed... it is not recognized as properly functional disk drive, but still can be recovered on the file level utilizing special software.

I copied whole X:\Logger32 folder to my main C drive, but the Q's I see there are 3 years old, as of the moment I copied them from another machine.

What am I missing?
Is there any other location with log database? Maybe some \\AppData whatever?

Thanks,
Alex K2BB

PS - and yes, I will do backups from now on :)

Bob

Alex the logbook database name and location is not fixed. The same with any backups you have made in the past. Here's the plan ... Open the file called Logger32.INI in the \Logger32 directory. It is a textfile, so open it with NotePad. Search for a line that starts with  Logbook Path= In my INI the complete line is  Logbook Path=Logbook Path=Logbook to use=TEST  I now know my logbook is in the C:\Logger32\LOGS\ directory. Now to find the name of the logbook. Search the INI for a line that starts with Logbook to use=  In my INI the full line is Logbook to use=TEST I now know the Logbook name and path is C:\Logger32\LOGS\TEST ... Now were having fun ... I you look in the path name (in my case C:\Logger32\LOGS\) you will find 20+ files with names that start with your logbook name (in my example TEST). You are only interested in three if them <your logbook name>.ISD, <your logbook name>.ISF, and <your logbook name>.ISM. That is your logbook. Everything else can be recreated from those three files. SeventyThree(s).

On November 8, 2019 at 11:27 AM Alex Malyava - K2BB <alex.k2bb@...> wrote:

Hi all,
my SSD drive have failed... it is not recognized as properly functional disk drive, but still can be recovered on the file level utilizing special software.

I copied whole X:\Logger32 folder to my main C drive, but the Q's I see there are 3 years old, as of the moment I copied them from another machine.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Alex K2BB

Alex Malyava - K2BB

Thanks Bob,
sounds like a plan. 
another question - are you sure that lotw-paper qsl progress is in those 3 files as well?
I have no problem importing my log from the lotw, but I will have to go through all of those paper cards and entering them again :)

thanks,
Alex K2BB

On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 12:13 PM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:
Alex the logbook database name and location is not fixed. The same with any backups you have made in the past. Here's the plan ... Open the file called Logger32.INI in the \Logger32 directory. It is a textfile, so open it with NotePad. Search for a line that starts with  Logbook Path= In my INI the complete line is  Logbook Path=Logbook Path=Logbook to use=TEST  I now know my logbook is in the C:\Logger32\LOGS\ directory. Now to find the name of the logbook. Search the INI for a line that starts with Logbook to use=  In my INI the full line is Logbook to use=TEST I now know the Logbook name and path is C:\Logger32\LOGS\TEST ... Now were having fun ... I you look in the path name (in my case C:\Logger32\LOGS\) you will find 20+ files with names that start with your logbook name (in my example TEST). You are only interested in three if them <your logbook name>.ISD, <your logbook name>.ISF, and <your logbook name>.ISM. That is your logbook. Everything else can be recreated from those three files. SeventyThree(s).

Hi all,

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Alex K2BB

Alex Malyava - K2BB

never mind, all the stats were recovered.
I found what was the root cause of the problem.
I have disk C with 3-years old copy of Logger 32.
I have recovered Logger32 folder for X drive into some E:\Logger32 folder and ran the logger from there, but the config values are still pointing to the C:\Logger32 version which is outdated.
Repointed it to the right folder and everything is there !!!
Wow, I feel good :)

On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 1:18 PM Alex Malyava <alex.k2bb@...> wrote:
Thanks Bob,
sounds like a plan. 
another question - are you sure that lotw-paper qsl progress is in those 3 files as well?
I have no problem importing my log from the lotw, but I will have to go through all of those paper cards and entering them again :)

thanks,
Alex K2BB

On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 12:13 PM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

Hi all,

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Alex K2BB

Bob

Alex, I am not sure what you mean by LoTW-paper QSL progress. The three files contain all QSL status flags - QSOs marked to send a QSL, QSOs with QSLs sent, QSOs with QSL received (by QSL I mean paper, LoTW and eQSL). Also, these three files contain all award statistics - submitted and granted. 73.

On November 8, 2019 at 1:18 PM Alex Malyava - K2BB <alex.k2bb@...> wrote:

Thanks Bob,
sounds like a plan. 

thanks,
Alex K2BB

On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 12:13 PM Bob < k4cy@...> wrote:
On November 8, 2019 at 11:27 AM Alex Malyava - K2BB < alex.k2bb@...> wrote:

Hi all,

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Alex K2BB