Topics

WAS SETTINGS

larry fields

After the other day I decided to do some updates on my log and noticed when I try to add the WAS and Counties it doesn't want me to add. Is there a different setting now. I recall doing it before but haven't been able to locate where that was.

Larry du1/n6hpx Manila

ja1nlx

Larry

Where you try to "add the WAS and Counties" ? In Logbook page window ?

73

On 2019/09/03 17:59, larry fields wrote:
After the other day I decided to do some updates on my log and noticed when I try to add the WAS and Counties it doesn't want me to add. Is there a different setting now. I recall doing it before but haven't been able to locate where that was.

Larry du1/n6hpx Manila

larry fields

yes when I go to logger before I did the right click of the log of the station I wanted to add say for example KD6C, it use to show the item where I could add the info but now it seems like it doesn't come up is there a different one. I did this before about 2 yrs ago but maybe something got changed.

Gerald Boutin

On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 07:05 AM, larry fields wrote:
yes when I go to logger before I did the right click of the log of the station I wanted to add say for example KD6C, it use to show the item where I could add the info but now it seems like it doesn't come up is there a different one. I did this before about 2 yrs ago but maybe something got changed.
Larry,

When you right click on the log entry for the station, you should see a large list of options. Click on the "Edit Admin Subdivision Info" option. That should bring up the box to enter the State/County information.

--
Gerald, VE1DT

larry fields

I did but the box never comes up. Not sure why this is so I used my Windows 7 before and it came up but now the windows 10 is not showing it.
Thanks and 73
Larry Fields: du1/n6hpx
Manila PHILIPPINES

Retired looking for more work
Office:(63)46-571-5687
cell:    (63)916-756-7781
member:
American Radio Relay League W1AW
Philippine Amatuer Radio Association DX1PAR
Philippine Radio Pyramid Society DX1PRS
owner:
LICENSED HAM RADIO OP:
DX1PRS GROUP 145.340 mhz
DX1PAR HF NET  7095.00 khz & 7165.0 khz
DU1/N6HPX:QRX DX1PAR 7095
DX1PRS 7165 khz evening
DX1PRS 145.340 mhz
DX1L 431.9,
SIMPLEX 144.6, 145.600
2M 144.225 SSB ,
APRS n6hpx(-08) HT Satellite (-02)
SATELLITE:
APRS N6HPX-2 GATEWAY

On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 10:50 AM Gerald Boutin <groupsio@...> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 07:05 AM, larry fields wrote:
yes when I go to logger before I did the right click of the log of the station I wanted to add say for example KD6C, it use to show the item where I could add the info but now it seems like it doesn't come up is there a different one. I did this before about 2 yrs ago but maybe something got changed.
Larry,

When you right click on the log entry for the station, you should see a large list of options. Click on the "Edit Admin Subdivision Info" option. That should bring up the box to enter the State/County information.

--
Gerald, VE1DT

larry fields

I have done this many times and it searches for it but nothing appears after it stops

On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 11:17 AM larry fields via Groups.Io <n6hpx1=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

I see like this. What you really see at each step ?

1. Right click on WO7R in Logbook page window. I see this.

2. Click Edit Admin Subdivision info. I see this.

73

On 2019/09/03 20:21, larry fields wrote:
[...]

I must have a bad copy here as I been doing this for days and all it does is circulate and nothing comes up..

On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 11:56 AM ja1nlx <ayoshida0205@...> wrote:

[...]

Larry provides several methods or adding STATE/CNTY data to your logbook ... After the QSO is entered in the log you have two options - 1) Click a mouse button to add STATE/CNTY from a callsign lookup to your logbook (by callsign lookup I mean go outside Logger32 to a third party provider - like QRZ.COM or HAMQTH), and 2) Use the internal Logger32 databases to add the data. You can not edit the STATE/CNTY fields in the Logbook Page Window because the data must be 100% accurate an in the correct format. So, how would you like to get this data in your logbook? 73.

larry fields

Before i use to be able to edit this info for example the WO7R I was able to add the state and county. But now it doesnt do this.

On Wed, 4 Sep 2019 06:58 Bob, <k4cy@...> wrote:
Larry provides several methods or adding STATE/CNTY data to your logbook ... After the QSO is entered in the log you have two options - 1) Click a mouse button to add STATE/CNTY from a callsign lookup to your logbook (by callsign lookup I mean go outside Logger32 to a third party provider - like QRZ.COM or HAMQTH), and 2) Use the internal Logger32 databases to add the data. You can not edit the STATE/CNTY fields in the Logbook Page Window because the data must be 100% accurate an in the correct format. So, how would you like to get this data in your logbook? 73.

Bob

Larry, if you are entering a QSO with WO7R in the Logbook Entry Window then you can type STATE/CNTY data in the appropriate fields. However, it you have already entered the WO7R QSO into your logbook you can not edit the Logbook Entry Window and add/modify the STATE/CNTY fields. Many years ag Logger32 permitted this, but users were entering completely bogus information that was then exported by ADIF file to other systems ... very unsatisfactory results that reflected badly on Logger32. So, now once the QSO is entered in the logbook, you have the two choices from my previous message. 73.

On September 3, 2019 at 7:20 PM larry fields <n6hpx1@...> wrote:

Before i use to be able to edit this info for example the WO7R I was able to add the state and county. But now it doesnt do this.

On Wed, 4 Sep 2019 06:58 Bob, < k4cy@...> wrote:
Larry provides several methods or adding STATE/CNTY data to your logbook ... After the QSO is entered in the log you have two options - 1) Click a mouse button to add STATE/CNTY from a callsign lookup to your logbook (by callsign lookup I mean go outside Logger32 to a third party provider - like QRZ.COM or HAMQTH), and 2) Use the internal Logger32 databases to add the data. You can not edit the STATE/CNTY fields in the Logbook Page Window because the data must be 100% accurate an in the correct format. So, how would you like to get this data in your logbook? 73.

larry fields

Now it acts like it searching and disappears

On Wed, 4 Sep 2019 07:20 larry fields via Groups.Io, <n6hpx1=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Before i use to be able to edit this info for example the WO7R I was able to add the state and county. But now it doesnt do this.

On Wed, 4 Sep 2019 06:58 Bob, <k4cy@...> wrote:
Larry provides several methods or adding STATE/CNTY data to your logbook ... After the QSO is entered in the log you have two options - 1) Click a mouse button to add STATE/CNTY from a callsign lookup to your logbook (by callsign lookup I mean go outside Logger32 to a third party provider - like QRZ.COM or HAMQTH), and 2) Use the internal Logger32 databases to add the data. You can not edit the STATE/CNTY fields in the Logbook Page Window because the data must be 100% accurate an in the correct format. So, how would you like to get this data in your logbook? 73.

Bob

.... who/what is searching? ... I have been in hospital for the past few days, my ESP is not up to full speed yet. 73.

On September 3, 2019 at 7:22 PM larry fields <n6hpx1@...> wrote:

[...]

so now I can't use the was program. That stinks as it was better..I had 41 states there and now might have a was there..disappointing indeed.

On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 11:30 PM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

[...]

looks like I might have to either forget the WAS or delete the contact and re-add it to the log..which is alot more work when you got 100 plus contacts there

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 12:44 AM Larry Fields <n6hpx1@...> wrote:
[...]

Once again Larry, you're not talking English as I learned it. I feel like you sent me a three page memo, but I only received one page. There are almost 4K subscribers on this reflector and as yet, no one has volunteered to translate you messages for me. Let me try again ... Calm down Larry, relax, and take a deep breath. So suddenly you have come to the disappointing realization that you can't add STATE/CNTY data to your logbook anymore.  I wonder why you're the only one? ... Anyone else on the reflector having this problem, please tell Larry he's not alone. I'm sure that will make him feel better.

Larry, while we wait for the avalanche of messages supporting your claim, lets try to figure our EXACTLY what you are trying to do and how. My first message gave you two options to add STATE/CNTY data to QSOs in your logbook. Which option do you want -- Do you want to lookup the callsign on an external database (QRZ.com or  HAMQTH or some other utility). Then once you have the STATE/CNTY add that to your logbook?  If you already know the STATE/CNTY (maybe from a paper logbook or you know the station personally) would you like Logger32 to fill in the data automatically for you?

What would you like to do? SeventyThree(s).

On September 3, 2019 at 8:44 PM larry fields <n6hpx1@...> wrote:

[...]

Larry, I am trying very hard to help you, but for some reason you refuse to listen to what I'm saying. Why is this? SeventyThree(s).

On September 3, 2019 at 8:49 PM larry fields <n6hpx1@...> wrote:

[...]

Larry, the choice is yours. But. before you do let me ask you another question ... If you right click on a US callsign in the Logbook Entry Window, do you see this menu?

... and way down almost at the bottom do you see the menu EDIT ADMIN SUBDIVISION INFO? If you do, what do you see if you click on it? SeventyThree(s).

[...]

As I read your info here I cannot add the States Info manually which is what I am trying to do. I guess it was you who said you can not do this which means I can not use that part of the log for a WAS (work all state) and Counties program. Which I want to do. I been using the logger for about 10 yrs and when I get a qsl card from say WO7R or KD6JCT or a Japanese, Australian station I want to go into the log and add there info, additionally to the log. But now I am being told I can not do it manually it has to be added when I add the updated log info. For example I work VK3..and want to add his/her state info. It will not let me do this info. Which means I have to find a alternative to that part of the log.

I have no problem with other parts except as mentioned the other day with some duplicates which I had to manually go through and clean up. When you have 3 contacts to the same station say a Chinese station and there listed in a row where the add on to the log claims you worked that station 3 times in the same minute and day.

But now I am going down the log trying to figure out why I can't use the WAS program by doing the Station info Manually. When I click on the info as stated by the JA it only circulates (in a search pattern) and then goes away. Nothing comes up on the screen to add the stations info Say WO7R is from 3 different states when I worked him say RTTY/SSB or JT65. They need to be changed.

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 1:19 AM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

[...]

I see the same info at the bottom and when I right click it it does nothing except put a circle like its searching and goes away.