Topics

WAS and Colours

Michael Harris

As one of the 4000.

I have no problem with WAS settings, works as designed.

I have no problem with colours and available selections.

It seems to me the major problem is some folks inability to read the help file, read responses to their problems or adequately describe what their setup is and what the problem is in detail and terms others can understand and respond as requested by folks trying to help. This is common across lists.

The likes of "My K3 has stopped working, can anyone tell me what's wrong" or similar. Also an unwillingness to confess just what they were perhaps doing wrong, just silence.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO

Jan

Mike

English is maybe not their native language...

73
Jan
PA4JJ

Op 04.sep..2019 om 16:18 schreef Michael Harris via Groups.Io:

As one of the 4000.

I have no problem with WAS settings, works as designed.

I have no problem with colours and available selections.

It seems to me the major problem is some folks inability to read the help file, read responses to their problems or adequately describe what their setup is and what the problem is in detail and terms others can understand and respond as requested by folks trying to help. This is common across lists.

The likes of "My K3 has stopped working, can anyone tell me what's wrong" or similar. Also an unwillingness to confess just what they were perhaps doing wrong, just silence.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO

my dxspider clusters running on a raspberry pi:
pa4jj-2 83.162.186.242 port 7300
pa4jj-3 83.162.186.242 port 7388

Bob

Jan, the Germans have a wonderful saying "If you speak three languages, you are dreisprachig. If you speak two languages you are zweisprachig. If you speak one language you are Amerikanisch". SeventyThree(s) de DJ0AW.

On September 4, 2019 at 11:36 AM Jan <hamlogger@...> wrote:

[...]

View/Reply Online (#77448): https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/message/77448
Group Owner: hamlogger+owner@groups.io

Kenneth Hansen

Right on, Bob.

de KB2SSE/OZ1DPY

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 11:59 AM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

[...]

Owner
ScanAm Technical Services, LLC

Jan

:-D:-D:-D

Jan
PA4JJ
31/2 sprachig

Op 04.sep..2019 om 17:59 schreef Bob:

[...]

Gary Hinson

That's not the issue in this case Jan, at least not the main factor. Even
Google Translate from Klingon to English would probably make more sense.

"Reboot the log" is a classic example - one of many in this thread. Reboot
the log?? Que? Something to do with repeatedly kicking a fallen tree
maybe?

Joking aside, it is unbelievably frustrating for all parties when someone
comes here asking for help but won't make the effort to explain themselves,
respond to genuine questions, or follow simple instructions.

73
Gary ZL2iFB