Topics

VUCC award is empty now

José L. Peña EA4AFP

Hi all,

updated to 3.50.416 this morning, then updated some QSLs received through LoTW, tried to check VUCC award status and now it is empty. Neither grids worked nor grids comfirmed, the award status does not show any info.
The funny thing is the behaviour of the UDP bandmap. It is configured to highlight new entities on 6m and non-confirmed grids on 6 and it is working. The UDP bandmap is "aware" of the grid status.
Stats have been recalculated and the program restated.
Any clue?

73 de jose  Ea4AFP

imagen.png

Bob

Looks like it is broken. SeventyThree(s).

On May 25, 2020 at 6:47 AM "José L. Peña EA4AFP" <ea4afp@...> wrote:

Hi all,

updated to 3.50.416 this morning, then updated some QSLs received through LoTW, tried to check VUCC award status and now it is empty. Neither grids worked nor grids comfirmed, the award status does not show any info.
The funny thing is the behaviour of the UDP bandmap. It is configured to highlight new entities on 6m and non-confirmed grids on 6 and it is working. The UDP bandmap is "aware" of the grid status.
Stats have been recalculated and the program restated.
Any clue?

73 de jose  Ea4AFP

imagen.png

José L. Peña EA4AFP

Thanks Bobo,
yes, added a new QSO with myself, and now I can see strange results, the "complete logbook" has less grids worked than "2019".

73  jose  EA4AFP

imagen.png
imagen.png

El lun., 25 may. 2020 a las 13:10, Bob (<k4cy@...>) escribió:
Looks like it is broken. SeventyThree(s).
On May 25, 2020 at 6:47 AM "José L. Peña EA4AFP" <ea4afp@...> wrote:

Hi all,

updated to 3.50.416 this morning, then updated some QSLs received through LoTW, tried to check VUCC award status and now it is empty. Neither grids worked nor grids comfirmed, the award status does not show any info.
The funny thing is the behaviour of the UDP bandmap. It is configured to highlight new entities on 6m and non-confirmed grids on 6 and it is working. The UDP bandmap is "aware" of the grid status.
Stats have been recalculated and the program restated.
Any clue?

73 de jose  Ea4AFP

imagen.png

José L. Peña EA4AFP

Bob, those understanding Spanish...

fat fingers and an extra "o" was added to Bob's name, changing it to a Spanish word meaning "silly".

Sorry Bob !!!

Rolled back to v415 and everything is Ok. Generated a complete ADIF file (just in case). Updated to v416 an again failed. I zip "user files" and "database and logbook" every time I log off, so tried to recover v416 with files zipped yesterday. Still failing.

Any clue?

73 jose   EA4AFP

El lun., 25 may. 2020 a las 13:24, José L. Peña EA4AFP via groups.io (<ea4afp=gmail.com@groups.io>) escribió:

[...]

Jan

Jose
If you send him a bottle of Famous Grouse (whiskey) he will do what ever you want and never become mad about you. :-):-D

73
Jan
PA4JJ

Op 25-5-2020 om 13:55 schreef José L. Peña EA4AFP:
[...]

my dxspider clusters running on a raspberry pi:
pa4jj-2 83.162.186.242 port 7300
pa4jj-3 83.162.186.242 port 7388

Bob

Jose, calling me 'silly' is very polite, most users use four letter Anglo Saxon explicatives.

You tried to recover version 416 zip files and failed? What were you trying to do, and why? What failed, what error did you get? SeventyThree(s).

On May 25, 2020 at 7:55 AM "José L. Peña EA4AFP" <ea4afp@...> wrote:

[...]

I have a spare PC running also L32. Before a contest I synchronize both of them, so in case of a failure I can switch easily and continue operating seamless. This is what I have done in the spare PC:
  1. - copy all the files zipped at "logger32backup" and "logbookbackup_full05" of the standard PC to L32 directory at the spare PC.
  2. - full05 has been chosen because it is dated yesterday. "Numbers" above 5 have been generated today during tests.
  3. - spare PC:
    • start L32 and update to v416
    • recalculate statistics
    • awards, DXCC: everything seems to be OK.
    • awards, VUCC: statistics does not match with the amount of grids worked and confirmed on 6 meters. Even for 2018 there is a mismatch between figures reported.
    • imagen.png

imagen.png

  • rolled back spare PC to v415 and statistics for VUCC and DXCC are OK
imagen.png

standard PC:
  • rolled back to v415 in the standard PC and statistics are fine for VUCC and DXCC.
Do not know what it is broken, but it is related only to VUCC award. DXCC is always reporting fine. Even, as explained before, the 6 meters UDP bandmap is aware of the grids worked and confirmed. It does not highlight already confirmed grids/entities on 6.

Hope this explains the issue.

73  jose  EA4AFP

El lun., 25 may. 2020 a las 14:26, Bob (<k4cy@...>) escribió:
[...]

Thanks Bob for the exe file !

It works, but the VUCC award reports 2 figures for worked/confirmed. The right one are 586/541.
I exported VUCC stats as ".csv" file and then import to openoffice calc, then I have checked that the csv file has the right information.

imagen.png
73 jose  EA4AFP

El lun., 25 may. 2020 a las 16:25, José L. Peña EA4AFP via groups.io (<ea4afp=gmail.com@groups.io>) escribió:
[...]

Jose, I do not see this with my logbook. Please make an ADIF extract of your logbook, zip it, and send it to me at <k4cy@...> by direct eMail. 73.

Larry Van Horn - Radio (N5FPW)

Ditto here. it is broken. Rolled back to 415 and normal.