From: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> On Behalf Of F6EEQ
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2020 10:43 AM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: [hamlogger] Virus on Log32

Hi all,

I have problems with Logger32.
A trojan virus is announced by Windows Defender, which prevent correct installation of updates, and normal start of Logger 32.

I tried to re-install everything, with antivirus check at each step, but no success.

Any help?

Thanks

ja1nlx

You forgot to add Logger32.exe in exception list ?

73

On 2020/03/19 23:42, F6EEQ wrote:
Hi all,

I have problems with Logger32.
A trojan virus is announced by Windows Defender, which prevent correct installation of updates, and normal start of Logger 32.

I tried to re-install everything, with antivirus check at each step, but no success.

Any help?

Thanks

F6EEQ

Thanks for your replies, but unfortunately this does not help very much.

I am able to install full version 3.50.0, but not the following updates.

I'm always making "full backup" before exiting Logger 32, so I tried to retrieve old QSO.
I followed the procedure to unzip in Logger32 folder, but my log remains blank. I've lost all QSO and do not know how to get them back...

DamianM0BKV

Ive got the virus too. See my '410 being deleted message.Its NOT the need to ignor Logger32.exe problem.
Ive replaced exe five V410 with V409 (roll back) for now

DamianM0BKV

This is not the problem Jim

DamianM0BKV

My problem is the exe file definetly gets deleted when its initiated as after the update if I copy the exe file from rollback after the attempted rollback it deletes again. Replacing with V409 works fine.

Gerald Boutin

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 08:02 AM, DamianM0BKV wrote:
My problem is the exe file definetly gets deleted when its initiated as after the update if I copy the exe file from rollback after the attempted rollback it deletes again. Replacing with V409 works fine.
That is why it is necessary for you to add an exception to your AV program. Then the AV program will stop checking the file when you go to execute it.

--
Gerald, VE1DT

n2tu

OK...I had the same problem this morning. L32.exe is being seen as a virus. Copying a back-up version into the L32 directory will not help. You MUST put the Logger32.exe on your virus checker exception list.

73...stay well!

Lou N2TU