VIA_DISK_ERROR

Art - VE3UTT / W1AJT

Hello,

Has anyone seen this error?  I had a system crash when I was trying to load L32.  I rebooted and all the programs I tested work but L32 gives the following error: VIA_DISK_ERROR.  System in Win10 64 PRO.  L32 is at the latest update.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bob

A picture of the error may shed some light on the problem. SeventyThree(s).

On 09/30/2022 5:15 PM Art - VE3UTT / W1AJT <w1ajt@...> wrote:

Hello,

Has anyone seen this error?  I had a system crash when I was trying to load L32.  I rebooted and all the programs I tested work but L32 gives the following error: VIA_DISK_ERROR.  System in Win10 64 PRO.  L32 is at the latest update.

Any help would be appreciated.

Gerald Boutin

I assume you get VIS_DISK_ERROR. It could mean a disk hardware problem, or perhaps some of the data just got corrupted.

Here is Bob's general suggestion for dealing with the issue.
https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/message/77121

Also in that topic, there were several other suggestions.
--
Gerald, VE1DT

Art - VE3UTT / W1AJT

Inline image

However, there are no problems with the disk.  I ran full disk diagnostics on every sector and there is not one bad sector on the disk where L32 is nor on the second disk in the system both are newer EVO SSD's the main disk being an m.2.  There are also no memory problems as I also scanned the system memory.  I have enough log backups (ADIF) to recover the logs.  The only thing I will lose are the L32 QSL confirmations I just did for 300 bureau cards but I can easily skip that since, L32 wont start.

I will have to re-install L32 I guess.

Thanks for trying.

Art - VE3CT / W1AJT

Bob

The message is explicit ... The Alias32 database is broken. What is the alias database? It is the one that maps Prefixes to Countries (example: A, K, etc = W). You should be able to copy the Alias32 files from a full backup.zip file.  SeventyThree(s).

On 10/01/2022 6:46 AM Art - VE3UTT / W1AJT <w1ajt@...> wrote:

<0371eeba-59c4-2970-8aca-a6a702d9c117@...>" style="max-width: 800px;" class="yahoo-inline-image" src="/ajax/image/mail/compose/mailstorage/image?id=41aac43b5a2748ee947ea296a252fb7b&uid=c705592f4eb04a3ab6e63871e8ebe937" alt="Inline image" data-mce-src="https://connect.xfinity.com/ajax/image/mail/compose/mailstorage/image?id=41aac43b5a2748ee947ea296a252fb7b&uid=c705592f4eb04a3ab6e63871e8ebe937" data-mce-style="max-width: 800px;">

However, there are no problems with the disk.  I ran full disk diagnostics on every sector and there is not one bad sector on the disk where L32 is nor on the second disk in the system both are newer EVO SSD's the main disk being an m.2.  There are also no memory problems as I also scanned the system memory.  I have enough log backups (ADIF) to recover the logs.  The only thing I will lose are the L32 QSL confirmations I just did for 300 bureau cards but I can easily skip that since, L32 wont start.

I will have to re-install L32 I guess.

Thanks for trying.

Art - VE3CT / W1AJT

Gary Hinson

... which I have now expanded into a page of advice for the next release of the User Manual, complete with tips on backups for every Logger32 user, not just for those suffering the specific error:

image.png