Version 7.04

Stephen Carroll <carrollst@...>

Please explain the "Zakanaka SoundCard" support and what it
means to me. This looks like the only enhancement with v 7.04
release. Thanks in advance.

73, Steve - K2SC

http://im.yahoo.com/

Ray McClure <w8cnl@...>

Steve, the logger has quite a few internal changes to support "zakanaka"
(we have got to get a shorted name) and also the up and coming RTTY program, which will also use just the sound card. Down the road a piece, maybe a CW add on. Bob is still debating this one.
The "zakanaka" has been working great here for 2 weeks now with just a few
little changes or fixes. This thing can be programed by the user in many ways to suit your tastes and what you want it to do.
I love the 36 programable macros/buffers. Running out of things to put in them. It can also be run as a stand alone PSK program for those that don't care to run logger. I look for it to be released very soon. Maybe tonight or tomorrow, (but soon).
And as always it is FREE.
I hope at least everyone tries it out.
de Ray, W8CNL.
___________________________

At 09:45 AM 4/30/00 -0700, you wrote:
Please explain the "Zakanaka SoundCard" support and what it
means to me. This looks like the only enhancement with v 7.04
release. Thanks in advance.

73, Steve - K2SC

http://im.yahoo.com/

Visit this site for logger and other downloads: http://www.itis.net/golist/

rmackey@...

what is zakanaka?????????

Reggie K6XR in Southwest Bakersfield

Ray McClure <w8cnl@...>

This is just a "code" name for a brand new PSK program by K4CY
and kind of goes along with his "Logger" program.
Although "zakanaka can be run as a stand alone program also, for those that do not run logger.
Should out in the next couple of days or maybe even tonight.
de Ray, W8CNL.
_________________

K4SB <k4sb@...>

Ray McClure wrote:

This is just a "code" name for a brand new PSK program by K4CY
and kind of goes along with his "Logger" program.
Although "zakanaka can be run as a stand alone program also, for those that
do not run logger.
Should out in the next couple of days or maybe even tonight.
de Ray, W8CNL.
_________________
"Zakanaka" is a word in a S. Africa dialect. ( I believe 2 tribes
in remote areas of Zimbawee speak it ) Defined into English, it
means "very fine", or "most excellent". ( among others ) The
general impression to be implied to the "listener" is that of a
near perfect entity. For example, it could describe a very old
rare wine, or the reception of a Nobel prize for work done by an
individual.

73
Ed

Stephen Carroll <carrollst@...>

Thank you for the replies about "Zakanaka". I'm still trying to
figure out how to implement the PSK31 by "sharing" the Radio COM
port used by my TS-850S w/IF-232C. Any ideas?

73, Steve - K2SC

http://im.yahoo.com/

Ray McClure <w8cnl@...>

I am not a expert on this even though I remember version 1.01, a DOS version.
Steve, go thru the help area again, as alot of what your asking is in there.
That is the ? on the top right hand corner of the screen and then do a search.
This brings up all the topics covered. Then we can go from there.
de Ray.