Topics

Ver 4* - Two really small anomalies

Darren Collins (G0TSM)

Hello Bob and Co.

I’ve noticed two really small anomalies with version 4* (They’re still in 4.0.242).

The first is that my WAZ DX Spot highlights keep disappearing, leaving the spots ‘white’.  For example if I hover over the spots with the mouse the tooltip loses the line ‘Need etc’ so I’m guessing Logger32 thinks I do not need it anymore.. This appears to correspond with, but not always with logging a QSO on some other band/mode. Sometimes I’ll see a load of highlighted WAZ spots go white and then a while later they’ll get their colours back.

The spot in the screenshot below was highlighted blue to show I need Zone 19 on 160M. The line ‘Need Z19 for WAZ on 160M’ is now missing from the tool tip. There was a clue to what’s happening as I’ve just seen the ‘tooltip change from Need Z19 to Need Z38 for the UA0 spots.

The second thing I’ve noticed is that the Microsoft 3D effect isn’t applied to my Previous QSOs, Logbook Page, Worked/Confirmed window’s column/row headers at start-up. I have to untick Microsoft 3D and re-tick it for the effect to be applied. All entry fields in the Logbook Entry Window and other various tick boxes have the Microsoft 3D effect applied at start-up.

In the screenshot below you can see the 3D effect is applied to the Logbook Entry Window but the Worked/Confirmed window is still ‘flat’.

Thank You, Darren G0TSM

Windows 10 19042

Bob <k4cy@...>

Darren, I can't answer your first question, As I am physically unable to test, you will have to rely on concurrence from other users. If indeed there is a widespread problem, I will get a bottle of Dramamine tablets tomorrow and try to test. The only thing that comes to mined is the 'Freeze' option on the DX Spot Window. The idea being that if/when the mouse moves over the DX Spot window it is momentarily so that a mouse click actually lands where you intended it to.

Regarding the reported problem with the Microsoft 3D option - It is slowly, but inexorably going away. Evolution has determined that the earth really is flat. The days of Microsoft control appearing in 3D that look like Mount Rushmore statues carved with dynamite are over. Think flat. SeventyThree(s).

On 02/16/2021 5:20 PM Darren Collins (G0TSM) <daz@...> wrote:

[...]

Jim Altman

As to the 3D effect, I will confirm that it is not persistent.

73 de W4UCK

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

[...]

Jim, you have configured for Microsoft 3D, and sometimes the controls are flat, or you are configured with 3D off, and sometimes are Mt. Rushmore? SeventyThree(s).

[...]

I am configured for 3D and have to turn off and back on upon restart for them to appear on worked/confirmed and previous qsos (at least, maybe others, but I hadn’t noticed).  I am fine with it going away and had never even noticed until it was mentioned and I checked it.

73

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...