Personally, I don't celebrate the January 1st New Year, I much prefer the Songkran festivities mid April. For those who don't know what a real party is, and will celebrate tomorrow night, I wish you Happy New Year. SeventyThree(s).

w5jmw

Bob.Ill be happy to help on the beta.I run it pretty heavy..73 john

On 2020-12-30 20:33, Bob wrote:
To whet your appetite, you should take a peek at the preliminary v4.0
documentation at this temporary location:
https://www.g4ifb.com/Logger32_v4_User_Manual.pdf
Even it you don't want to participate in the soft release the 700
page document will give you an insight into the v4.0 changes. To get
any real benefit from v4.0, this is a MUST READ.
Personally, I don't celebrate the January 1st New Year, I much prefer
the Songkran festivities mid April. For those who don't know what a
real party is, and will celebrate tomorrow night, I wish you Happy New
Year. SeventyThree(s).
Links:
------
[1] https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/message/81863
[2] https://groups.io/mt/79327538/796390
[3] https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/post
[4] https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/editsub/796390
[5] https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/leave/defanged

f4azf_damien

Hi Bob,

Was very busy with the Job in telecoms ,end of years are … pfffiuhh !

I have now 1week free time , i can be ok to test V4 if still a place, i do no digitals ; ft … only cw ssb , and sometimes rtty old school !

73s de Damien F4AZF

Even it you don't want to participate in the soft release the 700 page document will give you an insight into the v4.0 changes. To get any real benefit from v4.0, this is a MUST READ.

Personally, I don't celebrate the January 1st New Year, I much prefer the Songkran festivities mid April. For those who don't know what a real party is, and will celebrate tomorrow night, I wish you Happy New Year. SeventyThree(s).

Paul F6EXV

Hi Bob
Quite happy to test v4 ! What must I do ?
73
Paul F6EXV

Le 31/12/2020 à 03:33, Bob a écrit :
To whet your appetite, you should take a peek at the preliminary v4.0 documentation at this temporary location: https://www.g4ifb.com/Logger32_v4_User_Manual.pdf

Even it you don't want to participate in the soft release the 700 page document will give you an insight into the v4.0 changes. To get any real benefit from v4.0, this is a MUST READ.

Personally, I don't celebrate the January 1st New Year, I much prefer the Songkran festivities mid April. For those who don't know what a real party is, and will celebrate tomorrow night, I wish you Happy New Year. SeventyThree(s).

Garanti sans virus. www.avast.com

john Kalou

Hello to all , very good news to v.4   , i read now the manual , i am very  happy   , i ask where to download the v.4 to test .

Happy New Year 2021

73 sv9rgi
 Giannis

martinwcf

Is there upgrade to v4 available on the homepage or somewhere? If it is not public, can anyone email me it?

Best wishes and HNY 2021

Martin OK1WCF

> Od: "Paul F6EXV" <f6exv@...>
> Komu: hamlogger@groups.io
> Datum: 31.12.2020 12:04
> Předmět: Re: [hamlogger] ver 4.0

Hi Bob
Quite happy to test v4 ! What must I do ?
73
Paul F6EXV

Le 31/12/2020 à 03:33, Bob a écrit :
To whet your appetite, you should take a peek at the preliminary v4.0 documentation at this temporary location: https://www.g4ifb.com/Logger32_v4_User_Manual.pdf

Even it you don't want to participate in the soft release the 700 page document will give you an insight into the v4.0 changes. To get any real benefit from v4.0, this is a MUST READ.

Personally, I don't celebrate the January 1st New Year, I much prefer the Songkran festivities mid April. For those who don't know what a real party is, and will celebrate tomorrow night, I wish you Happy New Year. SeventyThree(s).

Garanti sans virus. www.avast.com

Paul Sturpe

Bob,
I'm probably like a lot of others.  We just assumed you had all the testers you needed.   If that isn't the case, tell me what I need to do.   I'd be glad to use version 4 and report any difficulties.
Paul, W3GQ

Damian M0BKV

I would like to be a Beta tester of V4. Can I add my WAB Primary/secondary UK awards add on? looking forward to the new surprises. Damian M0BKV

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020, 16:14 Paul Sturpe <sturpe@...> wrote:
Bob,
I'm probably like a lot of others.  We just assumed you had all the testers you needed.   If that isn't the case, tell me what I need to do.   I'd be glad to use version 4 and report any difficulties.
Paul, W3GQ

Bob <k4cy@...>

I suspect you're not going to need to do anything. The WAB stuff should be all in tact. You will receive details/info on Beta testing from Jim <W5IFP> shortly. SeventyThree(s).

On 12/31/2020 1:55 PM Damian M0BKV via groups.io <damianm0bkv@...> wrote:

I would like to be a Beta tester of V4. Can I add my WAB Primary/secondary UK awards add on? looking forward to the new surprises. Damian M0BKV

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020, 16:14 Paul Sturpe < sturpe@...> wrote:
Bob,
I'm probably like a lot of others.  We just assumed you had all the testers you needed.   If that isn't the case, tell me what I need to do.   I'd be glad to use version 4 and report any difficulties.
Paul, W3GQ

gw4frx@...

Well, if you want v4 tested by one who’s a long-term very happy user of Logger32 and a complete dolt when it comes to computers, I’m your man :-)

73 John
GW4FRX

mikewalkington

Hi Bob

I must be a bit slow. It is January 1st here. But that's hardly an excuse. I was going to ask what the significance of the front cover picture was. Then it slowly dawned on me. Very clever.

Best wishes for Songkran when you get there.

Cheers, Mike, VK1OO

PS. I will happily look for the kitchen sink in the beta.

Chuck Miller

Bob
I would be glad to help test Ver 4. I've been with you since the days of Logger16 and Zaknaka.

73, Chuck
N0NC

KX2A

To whet your appetite, you should take a peek at the preliminary v4.0 documentation at this temporary location: https://www.g4ifb.com/Logger32_v4_User_Manual.pdf

Even it you don't want to participate in the soft release the 700 page document will give you an insight into the v4.0 changes. To get any real benefit from v4.0, this is a MUST READ.

I will investigate how to submit this document to the Pulitzer Prize committee.  Failing that, perhaps a note to the Guinness World Record people for the longest technical manual ever written by a volunteer(s).

Of course,  this will occupy my New Year's Eve and New Years Week completely.

Happy New Year, may it be better than 2020.

Jan, KX2A

Panos

I wish a happy and healthy new year to all. I would be glad to help test Ver 4. Logger32 is te only logger that I am using from 2003, year that I got my license. I am not a software engineer but count me in for beta testing. 73 de SV1GRN

Bob Schofield

Bob

I have been using Logger32 since Logger16 and Zaknaka as well and if I can be of any help with the V4 testing I would be glad to help.  I am not computer literate as in working with software, but I have been using the program and promoting it with my amateurs friends when I am asked about computer logging programs available.

The best I can offer is to try and help and report back any problems I run across.  I do very little SSB, mostly CW and Digital from my end.

Bob/VE1RSM

Luis EA5L

I'm reading the brick, I love the cover photo, great job, congratulations to the entire L32 team.

John Munton - G7SSE

Appetite wetted Bob, as if it had been to the  Songkran festivities.

Have just upgraded (and updated) both my PC's to version 4.0.218 and joined the beta IO Group.

HNY 73(s)

John - G7SSE

--
73, John - G7SSE

Gary Hinson

Logging software is hardly the most photogenic subject, Mike.  Glad you like it!

HNY, 73 from across the ditch

Gary  ZL2iFB  (ed.)

I must be a bit slow. It is January 1st here. But that's hardly an excuse. I was going to ask what the significance of the front cover picture was. Then it slowly dawned on me. Very clever.

Best wishes for Songkran when you get there.

Cheers, Mike, VK1OO

PS. I will happily look for the kitchen sink in the beta.

Gary Hinson

😊

At a mere 700 pages, the v4 manual is the new, cut-down, ultra-succinct, de-duped, lightweight version, Jan.

The original v3.5 help file which spawned it came in at a whopping 1,300 pages.  Not so much heavyweight as sumo wrestling team, with entourage.

The original authors, who are all (I hope) gratefully acknowledged in the ‘bits at the bottom’, wrote it piecemeal over the past decade or two.

At some point, I’d like to split the 4 sections into 4 PDF files … but first I need to figure out how to retain/update all the internal hyperlinked cross-references accordingly.

A featherweight ‘Quick Start Guide’ (aimed at non-geeks) is also a possibility, further down the line once the v4 User Manual stabilises.

73 HNY

Gary  ZL2iFB

PS  Please don’t print out the manual.  It is designed to be browsed and searched electronically.  The hyperlinks don’t function on paper, and there is no detailed index.  Save the planet: hug a whale.