Valid QSOs sent to BAD.ADI

David Mitchell

I am a long time user of Logger32 and never have any problems using it. I use N1MM+ as my contesting program and export the ADI file into Logger 32, my regular logging program. I operated in the CQ WW DX RTTY contest this past weekend, making 427 contacts, and I imported them into Logger32 without incident, as I have a thousand times before.  When I generated my LOTW file, I received an error message that three contacts were sent to BAD.ADI.  When I looked in the file, the error was the STATE, and the three stations were all Canadian - VO1CH and VO2AC, MB and LB.  No errors came up during the contest in SuperCheckPartial, and when I checked the contest rules both provinces were valid. I'm up to date with Logger32 updates.

Is there something I need to do in Logger32 to correct the problem?

Dave WB2PJH

Bob

If you look at the ADIF specification, you'll find that LB is not a valid Canadian Province abbreviation. That's why you can't export it. However, LB is a valid ARRL Section for Newfoundland, so that's why you could import it. Are we having fun yet?

MB is a valid Canadian Province abbreviation, so that's something different. I'd need to see the complete ADIF record to offer an opinion. SeventyThree(s)

On 09/26/2022 8:31 AM David Mitchell <wb2pjh@...> wrote:

I am a long time user of Logger32 and never have any problems using it. I use N1MM+ as my contesting program and export the ADI file into Logger 32, my regular logging program. I operated in the CQ WW DX RTTY contest this past weekend, making 427 contacts, and I imported them into Logger32 without incident, as I have a thousand times before.  When I generated my LOTW file, I received an error message that three contacts were sent to BAD.ADI.  When I looked in the file, the error was the STATE, and the three stations were all Canadian - VO1CH and VO2AC, MB and LB.  No errors came up during the contest in SuperCheckPartial, and when I checked the contest rules both provinces were valid. I'm up to date with Logger32 updates.

Is there something I need to do in Logger32 to correct the problem?

Dave WB2PJH

Gerald Boutin

The problem with MB is that the province is Manitoba (VE4).

--
Gerald, VE1DT