Topics

V4. When using WSIT-x Manual Logging

DamianM0BKV

I have a change with V4. When using WSIT-x in that the populated Logger32 logbook entry window, that occurs automatically, when 'Enable TX' is activated on the WSIT-x window (so as to start a QSO not call CQ) disappears equally fast when '73' is received from the contact without waiting for the MANUAL LOg the QSO from me. all populated QSO information from QRZ with name is lost unless I manually repopulate the Logger32 logbook window again from the callsign if it's still in the UDP Bandplan Window before I manually log. With V3 this didn't happen. If I set auto Log (with V4) on receive of 73 it probably is OK but I like to manual log.
Otherwise, V4 works great Bob. Damian M0BKV

k4cvl

I have a question that perhaps one of more members of the group can answer.  I am looking for a logging program that will allow me to use TWO radios at the same time, allowing BOTH access to the logbook, that will log at the same time if necessary.  I am using the Yaesu FTDx101MP now with a Flex 6700.  I was using Logger 32 with my FT-5000 radio, but thought I would try using  Log4OM for logging to see if it will do the trick. A buddy who is really good at IT stuff says that it can work in the way I want it to, but has yet to make it work. I run TWO radios and TWO PCs on my home network.  I want to put the logging software on both and operate with both being able to work as the other.  Does anyone know FOR SURE if Logger 32 or any of the many logging programs out there will do this?  - Mike, K4CVL

John Owens

Logger32 will do all that you want, and more. The unfortunate thing is that it is free so you can't take advantage of a money back guarantee. I have been using it for 18 years now, and don't use but a small part of what it can do. It is very well supported, with about 1 rev/wk. They just did a major revision to 4.0, but the full install is still not available from their website, but soon will be (week or so). Only an upgrade from previous 3.50xx .

The new version is much faster, and the databases are bottomless. I use it for direct control of JTDX and RTTY. I have 16250 QSO's in my log now which is rather small considering that I am not into contesting. I have 124 countries on FT8 now, and 172 on RTTY, all worked and logged directly from L32. Millions of  satisfied customers, and great help through their reflector. You will never have to pay for it.

On 01/23/2021 9:07 AM k4cvl <mryan001@...> wrote:

I have a question that perhaps one of more members of the group can answer.  I am looking for a logging program that will allow me to use TWO radios at the same time, allowing BOTH access to the logbook, that will log at the same time if necessary.  I am using the Yaesu FTDx101MP now with a Flex 6700.  I was using Logger 32 with my FT-5000 radio, but thought I would try using  Log4OM for logging to see if it will do the trick. A buddy who is really good at IT stuff says that it can work in the way I want it to, but has yet to make it work. I run TWO radios and TWO PCs on my home network.  I want to put the logging software on both and operate with both being able to work as the other.  Does anyone know FOR SURE if Logger 32 or any of the many logging programs out there will do this?  - Mike, K4CVL

n5kd

Logger32 only does one radio at a time, but it easy to use CTRL-T to toggle between them.

N1MM+ will do two radios at the same time when set to SO2R operation. However it doesn’t do the other good stuff that L32 does. It’s a contest program after all.

73’ Pete, N5KD.