Topics

V4 time sync

Klaus Wiese

Hi Bob,
ran the update on several computers with absolutely no unexpected effects. Thanks for all! As far as I can see everything is running at least as well as before. Great job. The only thing I noticed is that the automatic time sync notification after Logger32 startup disappeared. In Ver 3.50.x there was a small yellow Infobox on the bottom right side of the screen popping up to inform to which time the clock was set to. When manually opening the timesync menu I see that sync works. Tried to trigger time sync by checking "when opening UDP Bandmap" and opening UDP bandmap. No notification here as well. Has this feature been removed? Sure that this is not the most important thing...but ... is there someone else experiencing this?
73s all, and stay safe. Klaus DL2SWN

Bob

Klaus, you must check the option Sync clock when Logger32 starts on the time sync menus. Then you will see first the Club Log updates (if it is enabled) then the time sync the Logger32 updates (if enabled).

Also, a new feature of v4.0 allows you to set how long to wait before checking Club Log, time sync, and Logger32 updates. Click SETUP | UPDATES | SETUP TIME DELAY FOR AUTOLOOKUPS.

SeventyThree(s).

On 01/24/2021 10:52 AM Klaus Wiese <dl2swn.wiese@...> wrote:

[...]

the option Sync clock when Logger32 starts was and is still and always checked (no change). The autocheck of clublog etc. is running well after the delay including the notification - and its a good thing that I can set the delay myself now in the update menu. But there is nothing showing up for finishing time sync... I now have set 10 seconds as delay in the update menu, then checked the entries in the setup of timesync menu, closed logger 32 and restarted it. After 10s "checking for logger updates", (clublog updates is disabled), then...nothing. Hm. ??

73! Klaus

Bob

Klaus, I don't know why. It works OK for me. 73.