V4.0.258 udp band map gone

Alex PY2SEX

Hi All,
Does anyone have issues with band map?
After update to 4.0.258 it is not being populated. I see port lsn, all configurations on JTDX or WSJT-X the same (correct port) but not being populated.

Alex
PY1KS | PY2SEX |  CT7ATE | AC1CY | PC3T
DL1NX (2012-2017)
JW/PY2SEX (24-25.12.2013)
PJ4S (26.11-02.12.2014)
PJ2/DL1NX (02-09.12.2014)
HB0/DL1NX (24-28.03.2016)
TF/DL1NX (20-26.01.2017)
XX9B (09-17.03.2018)
Y87L (WRTC 2018)
9H3T (2-8.09.2019)
www.py2sex.com

Stefano Zoli - Alice mail -

I confirm to me he does the same thing.. after the first qso it remains waiting but no longer populates this even without the cherry-piching function activated.

73’s Steve IK4DRY

Inviato da Posta per Windows 10

After update to 4.0.258 it is not being populated. I see port lsn, all configurations on JTDX or WSJT-X the same (correct port) but not being populated.

Alex
PY1KS | PY2SEX |  CT7ATE | AC1CY | PC3T
DL1NX (2012-2017)
JW/PY2SEX (24-25.12.2013)
PJ4S (26.11-02.12.2014)
PJ2/DL1NX (02-09.12.2014)
HB0/DL1NX (24-28.03.2016)
TF/DL1NX (20-26.01.2017)
XX9B (09-17.03.2018)
Y87L (WRTC 2018)
9H3T (2-8.09.2019)
www.py2sex.com

Stefano Zoli - Alice mail -

I add that the v4,0,257 also suffers from the same problem but I have noticed it now that I came back here .. restored the v4,0,256 that works without these problems, we hope that Bob solves it as always.

Inviato da Posta per Windows 10

I confirm to me he does the same thing.. after the first qso it remains waiting but no longer populates this even without the cherry-piching function activated.

73’s Steve IK4DRY

Inviato da Posta per Windows 10

After update to 4.0.258 it is not being populated. I see port lsn, all configurations on JTDX or WSJT-X the same (correct port) but not being populated.

Alex
PY1KS | PY2SEX |  CT7ATE | AC1CY | PC3T
DL1NX (2012-2017)
JW/PY2SEX (24-25.12.2013)
PJ4S (26.11-02.12.2014)
PJ2/DL1NX (02-09.12.2014)
HB0/DL1NX (24-28.03.2016)
TF/DL1NX (20-26.01.2017)
XX9B (09-17.03.2018)
Y87L (WRTC 2018)
9H3T (2-8.09.2019)
www.py2sex.com

Fabio IZ8MBW

As I wrote yesterday, starting from version 4.0.257 (and so also with version 4.0.258) I have the problem that UDP BandMap frozen (I see decoded Callsigns that stay there for life and "Clear" does not work) and also DX Cluster frozen also if it's still connected to the Cluster node.
Them seems to be glitch (graphical) problems because Logger32 does not freeze.

With version 4.0.256 never had these problems.

I'd like to give to Bob more info to address these issues, but I don't know how to help since these issues does not starts at the Logger32 startup and I don't the cause.

73
Fabio, IZ8MBW

On Thursday, May 13, 2021, 08:12:52 PM GMT+2, Stefano Zoli - Alice mail - <sz.dry@...> wrote:

[...]

Look at this screenshot:
Inline image

The last decoded time was 14 minutes ago (18:23 UTC) but I have a "decoded visibility" for 2 minutes.
The window is "frozen" and new decoded Callsigns are not more listed.

The UDP messages Debug Windows is empty.

Also the DX Cluster is frozen at 18:23 UTC:

Inline image

73
Fabio, IZ8MBW

On Thursday, May 13, 2021, 08:23:32 PM GMT+2, Fabio IZ8MBW via groups.io <iz8mbw@...> wrote:

[...]

Gary Hinson

OK Fabio.

Last night I saw and reported to Bob what I think is the same thing with v4.0.258: ALL my BandMaps had “Frozen” captions and were not updating, and the cherry picker stopped working.  It had been working OK before that point, and I don’t recall doing anything in particular to trigger the freeze.

I’ve seen all the BandMaps “Frozen” solid before – months ago – but I can’t remember when or how it was resolved.  Hopefully it’s a simple fix though.  QRX.

I confirm to me he does the same thing.. after the first qso it remains waiting but no longer populates this even without the cherry-piching function activated.

73’s Steve IK4DRY

Inviato da Posta per Windows 10

After update to 4.0.258 it is not being populated. I see port lsn, all configurations on JTDX or WSJT-X the same (correct port) but not being populated.

Alex
PY1KS | PY2SEX |  CT7ATE | AC1CY |
PC3T
DL1NX (2012-2017)
JW/PY2SEX (24-25.12.2013)
PJ4S (26.11-02.12.2014)
PJ2/DL1NX (02-09.12.2014)
HB0/DL1NX (24-28.03.2016)
TF/DL1NX (20-26.01.2017)
XX9B (09-17.03.2018)
Y87L (WRTC 2018)
9H3T (2-8.09.2019)
www.py2sex.com

Damian M0BKV

I had to close the UDP port (or whatever) then reopen it. The Cherry Picking also wasn't working initially. Problem tied up with the path to LogSync fixed. Shutting and restarting UDP fixed it for me.
Damian M0BKV

On Thu, May 13, 2021, 20:21 Gary Hinson <Gary@...> wrote:

[...]

Yes, but restart UDP and/or Logger32 to fix new issues born since version 4.0.257 is not a solution  :-)
For now I roll-backed to version 4.0.256.

I'm sure Bob will have the solution in future release.

Thanks!

73
Fabio, IZ8MBW

On Friday, May 14, 2021, 08:50:02 AM GMT+2, Damian M0BKV via groups.io <damianm0bkv@...> wrote:

[...]

Since I stopped and restarted UDP socket then restarted Logger32 I haven't had any issues although JTDX did stop transferring my QSOs to the Logger32 logbook with Cherry Picking stopped (a couple of times) but I'm certain this was my error. Tried to be clever and copy the wsjt-log while JTDX was running.

On Friday, May 14, 2021, 08:50:02 AM GMT+2, Damian M0BKV via groups.io <damianm0bkv=googlemail.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Damian,
for test leave Logger32 v4.0.258, UDP BandMap and JTDX running (and decoding Callsigns) for tons of minutes (without change Frequency/Band on the Radio) and let me know if also to you the UDP BandMap "frozen" (as "frozen" I mean no new decoded Callsings will be put into UDP BandMap) and also the DX Cluster window stop to receive new Spots.
Thanks.

73
Fabio, IZ8MBW

On Friday, May 14, 2021, 11:16:13 AM GMT+2, Damian M0BKV via groups.io <damianm0bkv@...> wrote:

[...]

Fabio

You’re correct.

I have been working lots of stations on 50Mhz ( Es).

QSOs have been transferred from JTDX into Logger32 Logbook for over an hour. And Cherry Picking was running OK. BUT suddenly JTDX has stopped transferring the QSOs to my Logger32 Logbook.

It had logged 18 QSOs in about 1hr 20mins before it stopped the transfer and ‘Cherry Picking froze again.

This wasn’t anything I did.

So its happened 3 times this morning. I suspect if I restart Logger32 and perhaps the UDP socket AGAIN it will work ok for a while. You were correct Fabio.

Damian M0BKV

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

Yes, but the problem is NOT "JTDX has stopped transferring the QSOs to my Logger32 Logbook", JTDX still works like before.
The issue is on Logger32 since version V4.0.257 that it seems that "graphically freeze".

Ciao.

73
Fabio, IZ8MBW

On Friday, May 14, 2021, 12:58:40 PM GMT+2, Damian M0BKV via groups.io <damianm0bkv@...> wrote:

[...]

Panos

Hi, same here rolledback to 256 and udp working ok 73

Alex PY2SEX

Hi Panos,
Where is the .256 version to be downloaded?
I want to rollback too. I could not find in the website.

Panos wrote on 14/05/2021 14:40:

Hi, same here rolledback to 256 and udp working ok 73

Alex PY2SEX

Well, I just updated to 4.0.259 and the udp band map seems to be working again :)
Even the QSO sent was logged.

Bob Rocks!

Alex PY2SEX via groups.io wrote on 14/05/2021 17:57:

Hi Panos,
Where is the .256 version to be downloaded?
I want to rollback too. I could not find in the website.

Alex
PY1KS | PY2SEX |  CT7ATE | AC1CY | PC3T
DL1NX (2012-2017)
JW/PY2SEX (24-25.12.2013)
PJ4S (26.11-02.12.2014)
PJ2/DL1NX (02-09.12.2014)
HB0/DL1NX (24-28.03.2016)
TF/DL1NX (20-26.01.2017)
XX9B (09-17.03.2018)
Y87L (WRTC 2018)
9H3T (2-8.09.2019)
www.py2sex.com

Panos wrote on 14/05/2021 14:40:
Hi, same here rolledback to 256 and udp working ok 73

Fabio IZ8MBW

To rallback click on Tools -> Rallback to a previous version
Select 4.0.256 and then OK.

73
Fabio, IZ8MBW

On Friday, May 14, 2021, 05:58:11 PM GMT+2, Alex PY2SEX <py2sex@...> wrote:

Hi Panos,
Where is the .256 version to be downloaded?
I want to rollback too. I could not find in the website.

Alex
PY1KS | PY2SEX |  CT7ATE | AC1CY | PC3T
DL1NX (2012-2017)
JW/PY2SEX (24-25.12.2013)
PJ4S (26.11-02.12.2014)
PJ2/DL1NX (02-09.12.2014)
HB0/DL1NX (24-28.03.2016)
TF/DL1NX (20-26.01.2017)
XX9B (09-17.03.2018)
Y87L (WRTC 2018)
9H3T (2-8.09.2019)
www.py2sex.com

Panos wrote on 14/05/2021 14:40:
Hi, same here rolledback to 256 and udp working ok 73

Tom Wylie

I'm sure Bob is beavering away in the background fixing things....give him some space

Tom
GM4FDM

On Fri, 14 May 2021, 17:19 Fabio IZ8MBW via groups.io, <iz8mbw=yahoo.it@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Bob is great.
Version .259 is out!

Thank you Bob.

73
Fabio, IZ8MBW

On Friday, May 14, 2021, 06:24:12 PM GMT+2, Tom Wylie <thomasgwylie@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Alex, I see that your question has benn answered already I wish you good dx 73