v4.0.254

John T. Blair

I'm currently running logger 32 v4.0.254

When I bring it up and it checks for updates (auto updates) I get tries to find an
error message, "No reply from http://www1.logger32.net/autoupdates"

I thought I read on  the forum that the current version is 4.0.257

How can I/should I get the update to 257?

John

Avast logo

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  jblair1948@...
Va. Beach, Va                  Phone:  (757) 495-8229

          48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1106)
     75 Bricklin SV1 (#0887)    77 Spitfire    71 Saab Sonett III
                       65 Rambler Classic

Bricklin:     www.bricklin.org

If you can read this             - Thank a teacher!

From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
     e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
     In God We Trust
     Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for
                  oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction

--
JohnT WA4OHZ
Virginia Beach, VA

Gary Hinson

Sorry John, I don’t understand “I get tries to find an error message”, and I don’t know where that URL came from.

The autoupdate process is described in Chapter 2 of the User Manual.  Does that help?

Aside from the autoupdates and manual update check within Logger32, you can look up the current version at any time by browsing to http://www1.Logger32.net/autoupdates/updateList%204.0.txt

Right now, you should see:

… because 4.0.258 is the current version of Logger32.

If the updates still don’t work (following the process in the manual), please be clearer about the error message/s – ideally send us a screenshot within or appended to an email.

73

Gary  ZL2iFB

Morgan:    www.team.net/morgan

Bricklin:     www.bricklin.org

If you can read this             - Thank a teacher!

From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:

At 01:23 AM 5/13/2021, Gary wrote:

>Sorry John, I don’t understand “I get tries to find an error message”, and I don’t
>know where that URL came from.

Gary,

Sorry about that.  When I bring up Logger 32 V4.0.254.  The program is
configured to check for updates when it starts automatically.  When it starts, I get
a little window that say, "checking for logger updates".  After a few seconds, a
new window pops up, saying:
     "No reply from http://www1.logger32.net/autoupdates".

>The autoupdate process is described in Chapter 2 of the User Manual.  Does that
>help?

I have read Section 2.8  Automated Logger32 V4.X updates.

In that section, they take about reading the "Release Notes".  My "Read release notes" is grayed out as seen in pic. 002_ReadyForManualUpdate, so I can't read
them.

Now I'm hearing there is a newer version, and when I try to update to it, I get
the message,  "No reply from http://www1.logger32.net/autoupdates".

>If the updates still don’t work (following the process in the manual), please be
>clearer about the error message/s – ideally send us a screenshot within or
>appended to an email.

OK, here goes.  I am going to force the manual update, since logger is already up
and running and has already checked for updates and I didn't do print screens of the screens as that worked.  So here are screen shots of what happens when I
manually try to update to the newer version:

0.  000_CurrentVersion - shows that Logger thinks I'm running V4.0.254

1.  001_InitialScreenSetup - I have 3 windows open, Logger 32 - lower left, Eudora -
    my email behind Logger and above it, and the help manual on the right side.

2. 002_ReadyForManualUpdate - I'm ready to hit the manual update .

3. 003_ManualUpdateInnitiated - I've innitiated the update, and you can see logger
    is looking for the update in the lower right corner.

4. 004_NoReplyFromLoggerUpdate - Logger not findning the update.

5. 005_SorryNoNewUpdates - self explanitory.

I hope this helps

Avast logo

JohnT WA4OHZ
Virginia Beach, VA

Gary Hinson

OK John, thanks for your patience.

That message "No reply from http://www1.logger32.net/autoupdates" appears to point to the problem: your PC evidently cannot connect to the Logger32 update server for some reason.

Browsing to that URL myself, I get an error message from the server:

Clearly our Internet connections are both working (well enough for this email exchange at least!) so I wonder if there is currently a problem with the update server itself, or something blocking traffic to the server at your end.  My system autoupdated itself to 4.0.258 yesterday so it was working OK here about 12 hours ago.

Leave it with me: I’ll ask Bob and Prasad for more info on what the autoupdater is trying to do.

PS  If it’s any consolation, there appears to be a problem with the band maps and cluster connection in 4.0.238: we’re trying to figure that out too.

At 02:51 PM 5/13/2021, you wrote:

>OK John, thanks for your patience.

Gary, et al,

Not a problem.  I can't believe what all this program can do.  I'm using it like I
use my ICOM 718.  I use it more like my old SB-102 or Drake TR-3.  I use
bands 40, 20, 15, 10.  I have managed to learn to use the 2nd VFO on it, like
my remote VFO on the 102.  I don't use many of the bells and whistles, like trying
to scan a section of the band or any of the stored frequenies (of which there are
none).  Having fun with the rig, and still trying to learn to use other features. :)

Same with logger.  My use of it, is not very far removed from a paper log.  I don't
have it running on a computer dedicated to the radio, yet.  So no hurry.  I just thought I'd you all know I was having problems.

 []
I get that error message if I drop:

http://www1.logger32.net/autoupdates

Into my browser.  But if I drop

http://www1.Logger32.net/autoupdates/updateList%204.0.txt

In the browser I get  "4.0.258"

So the server is recognizing my connection.

>... My system autoupdated itself to 4.0.258 yesterday so it was working OK here
>about 12 hours ago.

As to you system updating about 12 hrs ago, mine hasn't since I got Logger up
and running about 2 weeks ago.

>Leave it with me: Ill ask Bob and Prasad for more info on what the autoupdater
>is trying to do.

Sure take your time.  I'm playing with DX qso right now, trying to see what logger
does / can do with them.

John

Avast logo

JohnT WA4OHZ