From: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> On Behalf Of Filipe Lopes
Sent: Saturday, May 2, 2020 5:32 PM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: [hamlogger] USB-D for FT8 on TS-890

Hello

I am having some troubles on getting my TS-890 to go to USB-D on the FT8 frequencies.

I setup the BAND/MODE plan like this, shouldn't this work? BTW I chose TS990 as setup rig because there is no TS890 yet on the list.

Thanks
Filipe CT1ILT

Filipe Lopes

Jim

actually it doesnt work because I change frequency in LOGGER32 and not on JTDX when I move from band to band. If I activate the option you mention it will only change to USB-D when I TX, if I dont TX it will stay on USB.

Anyhow, it might seem a glitch on LOGGER32? because all other modes seem to work pretty fine according to what is configured on bandplan/mode. I even tried FSK and it changed to FSK.

Maybe Bob has a few minutes to have a look at this

Thanks
Filipe

ja1nlx

Filipe

Logger32 doe nothing to TRX while you run JTDX. TRX is controled by JTDX.

73

On 2020/05/03 6:52, Filipe Lopes wrote:
Jim

actually it doesnt work because I change frequency in LOGGER32 and not on JTDX when I move from band to band. If I activate the option you mention it will only change to USB-D when I TX, if I dont TX it will stay on USB.

Anyhow, it might seem a glitch on LOGGER32? because all other modes seem to work pretty fine according to what is configured on bandplan/mode. I even tried FSK and it changed to FSK.

Maybe Bob has a few minutes to have a look at this

Thanks
Filipe

Jim Altman

Configure the radio in JTDX and let it change bands for you.

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

Logger32 doe nothing to TRX while you run JTDX. TRX is controled by JTDX.

73

On 2020/05/03 6:52, Filipe Lopes wrote:

Jim

actually it doesnt work because I change frequency in LOGGER32 and not on JTDX when I move from band to band. If I activate the option you mention it will only change to USB-D when I TX, if I dont TX it will stay on USB.

Anyhow, it might seem a glitch on LOGGER32? because all other modes seem to work pretty fine according to what is configured on bandplan/mode. I even tried FSK and it changed to FSK.

Maybe Bob has a few minutes to have a look at this

Thanks
Filipe

Filipe Lopes

Aki

I am not talking about JTDX, I am just talking about mode from logger32 into TS890 or TS990

Can you try and put DATA-USB on your bandplan/mode for 15m FT8 and type 21074 to change frequency and see if your kenwood changes to USB-D instead of USB

Thanks
Filipe

Filipe Lopes

I just looked into the kenwood protocol and for USB-D there should be a OM1D; and for LSB-D OM1C;

on the radio debug monitor I keep seeing only OM12; which would mean USB

maybe I am wrong?

73
Filipe

ja1nlx

Filipe

Why you need that ?

73

On 2020/05/03 7:04, Filipe Lopes wrote:
Aki

I am not talking about JTDX, I am just talking about mode from logger32 into TS890 or TS990

Can you try and put DATA-USB on your bandplan/mode for 15m FT8 and type 21074 to change frequency and see if your kenwood changes to USB-D instead of USB

Thanks
Filipe

Filipe Lopes

Thanks for the suggestion Jim but I rather prefer that LOGGER32 does the CAT control instead of JTDX or WSJT.X

Filipe CT1ILT

Filipe Lopes

Aki,

So when I type 50313 in LOGGER32 my radio goes to USB-D instead of USB.

73
Filipe CT1ILT

LU3VA

Felipe, I have an IC-7300 and I see the same problem.

I made the same changes in the Band/Mode Plan puting "USB-D" or "DATA-USB" or etc, and nothing happens.

73  -  LU3VA

Raul

If you are configured for a TS-990, These are the modes/command codes that are coded:

Case "CW": setmode$ = "3"
Case "RTTY", "FSK": setmode$ = "6"
Case "FSK-R": setmode$ = "9"
Case "CW-R": setmode$ = "7"
Case "AM": setmode$ = "5"
Case "FM": setmode$ = "4"
Case "LSB", "DATA-LSB": setmode$ = "1"
Case "USB", "DATA-USB": setmode$ = "2"
' TS-990 modes
Case "PSK": setmode$ = "A"
Case "PSK-R": setmode$ = "B"
Case "LSB-D1": setmode$ = "C"
Case "USB-D1": setmode$ = "D"
Case "FM-D1": setmode$ = "E"
Case "AM-D1": setmode$ = "F"
Case "LSB-D2": setmode$ = "G"
Case "USB-D2": setmode$ = "H"
Case "FM-D2": setmode$ = "I"
Case "AM-D2": setmode$ = "J"
Case "LSB-D3": setmode$ = "K"
Case "USB-D3": setmode$ = "L"
Case "FM-D3": setmode$ = "M"
Case "AM-D3": setmode$ = "N"

SeventyThree(s).

On May 2, 2020 at 5:31 PM Filipe Lopes <ct1ilt@...> wrote:

Hello

I am having some troubles on getting my TS-890 to go to USB-D on the FT8 frequencies.

I setup the BAND/MODE plan like this, shouldn't this work? BTW I chose TS990 as setup rig because there is no TS890 yet on the list.

Thanks
Filipe CT1ILT

Filipe Lopes

Hello

USB-D1
yep I confirm, it works.

I was misled by the manual, could somehow this be updated on the manual? I don't mind doing it for the Kenwood radios if I could have access to it.

73's Filipe
CT1ILT

ja1nlx

Filipe

We regularly update Logger32 Help, almost on every Logger32 update.

Which section and paragraph should be changed ?

What text/screen shot should be added ?

Please send draft document(docx) with screen shot if needed directly to me.

73

On 2020/05/03 17:49, Filipe Lopes wrote:
Hello

USB-D1
yep I confirm, it works.

I was misled by the manual, could somehow this be updated on the manual? I don't mind doing it for the Kenwood radios if I could have access to it.

73's Filipe
CT1ILT

John Munton - G7SSE

Raul, USB-D works ok with my IC- 7610 so should work with 7300.

See items circled in the three images below:

--
73, John - G7SSE

Filipe Lopes

I will add a paragraph regarding SETUP BANDS AND MODES with KENWOOD info regarding protocol and also screenshot for USB-D1

I will send it directly to you Aki

73

Filipe Lopes

John, if you allow me to take your captures I will put them on the doc I am making for Aki to add to the manual. So we will have ICOM and KENWOOD exemples.

73

ja1nlx

Filipe

Which section ?   Kenwood General ?

Thanks

On 2020/05/03 18:43, Filipe Lopes wrote:
I will add a paragraph regarding SETUP BANDS AND MODES with KENWOOD info regarding protocol and also screenshot for USB-D1

I will send it directly to you Aki

John Munton - G7SSE

Sure Filipe, go right ahead.
--
73, John - G7SSE

Filipe Lopes

Bellow is where it should be updated. Also on page 419 and 975, USB-D1 should be added.