Topics

USB-D for FT8 on TS-890

Filipe Lopes

Hello

I am having some troubles on getting my TS-890 to go to USB-D on the FT8 frequencies.

I setup the BAND/MODE plan like this, shouldn't this work? BTW I chose TS990 as setup rig because there is no TS890 yet on the list.

Thanks
Filipe CT1ILT

Jim Altman

Just use USB in Logger32 and set JTDX or WSJT to use Data/Pkt in the radio config there. Works like just fine on my 890.

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

From: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> On Behalf Of Filipe Lopes
Sent: Saturday, May 2, 2020 5:32 PM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: [hamlogger] USB-D for FT8 on TS-890

Hello

I am having some troubles on getting my TS-890 to go to USB-D on the FT8 frequencies.

I setup the BAND/MODE plan like this, shouldn't this work? BTW I chose TS990 as setup rig because there is no TS890 yet on the list.

Thanks
Filipe CT1ILT

Filipe Lopes

Jim 

actually it doesnt work because I change frequency in LOGGER32 and not on JTDX when I move from band to band. If I activate the option you mention it will only change to USB-D when I TX, if I dont TX it will stay on USB.

Anyhow, it might seem a glitch on LOGGER32? because all other modes seem to work pretty fine according to what is configured on bandplan/mode. I even tried FSK and it changed to FSK.

Maybe Bob has a few minutes to have a look at this

Thanks
Filipe

ja1nlx

Filipe

Logger32 doe nothing to TRX while you run JTDX. TRX is controled by JTDX.

On 2020/05/03 6:52, Filipe Lopes wrote:
Jim 

actually it doesnt work because I change frequency in LOGGER32 and not on JTDX when I move from band to band. If I activate the option you mention it will only change to USB-D when I TX, if I dont TX it will stay on USB.

Anyhow, it might seem a glitch on LOGGER32? because all other modes seem to work pretty fine according to what is configured on bandplan/mode. I even tried FSK and it changed to FSK.

Thanks
Filipe
--
73 de aki
JA1NLX

Jim Altman

Configure the radio in JTDX and let it change bands for you.

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

From: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> On Behalf Of ja1nlx
Sent: Saturday, May 2, 2020 6:00 PM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] USB-D for FT8 on TS-890

Filipe

Logger32 doe nothing to TRX while you run JTDX. TRX is controled by JTDX.

On 2020/05/03 6:52, Filipe Lopes wrote:

Jim 

Thanks
Filipe

--
73 de aki
JA1NLX

Filipe Lopes

Aki

I am not talking about JTDX, I am just talking about mode from logger32 into TS890 or TS990

Can you try and put DATA-USB on your bandplan/mode for 15m FT8 and type 21074 to change frequency and see if your kenwood changes to USB-D instead of USB 

Thanks
Filipe

Filipe Lopes

I just looked into the kenwood protocol and for USB-D there should be a OM1D; and for LSB-D OM1C;

on the radio debug monitor I keep seeing only OM12; which would mean USB

maybe I am wrong?

Filipe

ja1nlx

Filipe

Why you need that ?

On 2020/05/03 7:04, Filipe Lopes wrote:
Aki

I am not talking about JTDX, I am just talking about mode from logger32 into TS890 or TS990

Can you try and put DATA-USB on your bandplan/mode for 15m FT8 and type 21074 to change frequency and see if your kenwood changes to USB-D instead of USB 

Thanks
Filipe
--
73 de aki
JA1NLX

Filipe Lopes

Thanks for the suggestion Jim but I rather prefer that LOGGER32 does the CAT control instead of JTDX or WSJT.X

Filipe CT1ILT

Filipe Lopes

Aki,

So when I type 50313 in LOGGER32 my radio goes to USB-D instead of USB.

Filipe CT1ILT

LU3VA

Felipe, I have an IC-7300 and I see the same problem.

I made the same changes in the Band/Mode Plan puting "USB-D" or "DATA-USB" or etc, and nothing happens.

73  -  LU3VA

Raul

--
El software de antivirus Avast ha analizado este correo electrónico en busca de virus.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

Bob

If you are configured for a TS-990, These are the modes/command codes that are coded:

Case "CW": setmode$ = "3"
Case "RTTY", "FSK": setmode$ = "6"
Case "FSK-R": setmode$ = "9"
Case "CW-R": setmode$ = "7"
Case "AM": setmode$ = "5"
Case "FM": setmode$ = "4"
Case "LSB", "DATA-LSB": setmode$ = "1"
Case "USB", "DATA-USB": setmode$ = "2"
' TS-990 modes
Case "PSK": setmode$ = "A"
Case "PSK-R": setmode$ = "B"
Case "LSB-D1": setmode$ = "C"
Case "USB-D1": setmode$ = "D"
Case "FM-D1": setmode$ = "E"
Case "AM-D1": setmode$ = "F"
Case "LSB-D2": setmode$ = "G"
Case "USB-D2": setmode$ = "H"
Case "FM-D2": setmode$ = "I"
Case "AM-D2": setmode$ = "J"
Case "LSB-D3": setmode$ = "K"
Case "USB-D3": setmode$ = "L"
Case "FM-D3": setmode$ = "M"
Case "AM-D3": setmode$ = "N"

SeventyThree(s).

On May 2, 2020 at 5:31 PM Filipe Lopes <ct1ilt@...> wrote:

Hello

Thanks
Filipe CT1ILT

Filipe Lopes

Hello

USB-D1
yep I confirm, it works.

I was misled by the manual, could somehow this be updated on the manual? I don't mind doing it for the Kenwood radios if I could have access to it.

73's Filipe
CT1ILT

ja1nlx

Filipe

We regularly update Logger32 Help, almost on every Logger32 update.

Which section and paragraph should be changed ?

What text/screen shot should be added ?

Please send draft document(docx) with screen shot if needed directly to me.

On 2020/05/03 17:49, Filipe Lopes wrote:
Hello

USB-D1
yep I confirm, it works.

I was misled by the manual, could somehow this be updated on the manual? I don't mind doing it for the Kenwood radios if I could have access to it.

73's Filipe
CT1ILT
--
73 de aki
JA1NLX

John Munton - G7SSE

Raul, USB-D works ok with my IC- 7610 so should work with 7300.

See items circled in the three images below:

--
73, John - G7SSE

Filipe Lopes

I will add a paragraph regarding SETUP BANDS AND MODES with KENWOOD info regarding protocol and also screenshot for USB-D1

I will send it directly to you Aki

Filipe Lopes

John, if you allow me to take your captures I will put them on the doc I am making for Aki to add to the manual. So we will have ICOM and KENWOOD exemples.

ja1nlx

Filipe

Which section ?   Kenwood General ?

Thanks

On 2020/05/03 18:43, Filipe Lopes wrote:
I will add a paragraph regarding SETUP BANDS AND MODES with KENWOOD info regarding protocol and also screenshot for USB-D1

I will send it directly to you Aki

--
73 de aki
JA1NLX

John Munton - G7SSE

Sure Filipe, go right ahead. 
--
73, John - G7SSE

Filipe Lopes

Bellow is where it should be updated. Also on page 419 and 975, USB-D1 should be added.