USA Primary and Secondary Administrative Subdivisions list in Logger32

Fabio IZ8MBW

Hi all.
Today I have had a QSO with Alaska.
About that call on QRZ.com there is "Anchorage" as Secondary Administrative Subdivision (CNTY field).
For that QSO on my Logbook the field CNTY was not populated because Logger32 does not have "Anchorage" in the list of Secondary Administrative Subdivision of Alaska:
Inline image

According to ADIF website it seems the list of Secondary Administrative Subdivisions for Alaska is quite big:

Well, are available to download the more recent and accurate files for Primary and Secondary Administrative Subdivisions for Logger32?
(I suppose the files are: PrimaryAdmin32.isd, PrimaryAdmin32.ism, SecondaryAdmin32.isd and SecondaryAdmin32.ism).

If possible I would like to suggest to let be automatically download when a new Logger32 auto-update is available (so all Logger32 will have the most recent and accurate list of Primary and Secondary Administrative Subdivisions).

Also I suppose this list should be the same for all Logger32 users since the data inside are common to everybody (ok that list is manually editable but do not make sense to put unreal data inside).

Thanks.

73s
Fabio, IZ8MBW

ja1nlx

Fabio

They say that The County Hunters Award uses 4 Alaska Judicial Districts as counties.
Logger32 have used these 4 counties to track award USACA.

On 2021/05/09 15:41:03, Fabio IZ8MBW via groups.io <iz8mbw@...> wrote:

[...]

OK.
So it will nice if Logger32 will be able to recognize all the "real" COUNTY values from QRZ.com and "covert" them into the correct value of one of the 4 Judicial Districts.
Example: "Anchorage" value for COUNTY will be converted into "Third Southcentral".

Too hard to implement?

73s
Fabio, IZ8MBW

On Sunday, May 9, 2021, 10:25:22 AM GMT+2, ja1nlx <ayoshida0205@...> wrote:

[...]

....but if ADIF wants the real value of the County for COUNTY (so "Anchorage" in this case) and instead Logger32 wants "only" the Judicial Districts, this means that on an ADIF point of View (and also on a Database point of view) the values is uncorrect in the Logbook....

So Logger32 should "supports" all the correct values for COUNTY and manage the USACA Award in other way.

73s
Fabio, IZ8MBW

On Sunday, May 9, 2021, 10:32:40 AM GMT+2, Fabio IZ8MBW via groups.io <iz8mbw@...> wrote:

[...]

Bob

Look at ADIF spec v3.0.4 at http://www.adif.org/304/ADIF_304.htm#Primary_Administrative_Subdivisions  You will notice there is only one Primary Subdivisions for Alaska.

Also, check the County Hunters award list at http://www.countyhunter.com/counties.htm (just for you, no spaces in the URL) and see the same Counties as listed in Logger32.

The Primary/Secondary Admin databases are fully editable, so feel free to add Anchorage or any other one you like. These databases can be imported/exported in CSV format for exchange/distribution.

SeventyThree(s).

On 05/09/2021 2:40 AM Fabio IZ8MBW via groups.io <iz8mbw@...> wrote:

[...]

According to https://www.adif.org/312/ADIF_312.htm#Enumeration_Secondary_Administrative_Subdivision_6 (also here no spaces in the URL as per the RFC :-)) we have the "full" list of County, not only the 4 Judicial Districts. So I (and ADIF standard) expect to have the "real" COUNTY value and not "only" the 4 Judicial Districts for the CNTY field of the Logbook.

Yes, I can edit and populate the Secondary Administrative Subdivision for Alaska with "the full list" but in that way I suppose there will be a "mismatch" with the USACA Award in Logger32.

So, in conclusion, I think the CNTY field should respect the "Secondary Administrative Subdivision" of ADIF standard and Logger32 should cover that values for the USACA Award that wants "only" the 4 Judicial Districts.

This is MHO.

73s
Fabio, IZ8MBW