Topics

Uploading (partial) log to LOTW

Axel
 

Hello,
 
I am a newby to logger32 and to this forum as well, so please don't get too angry with me, if I ask stupid questions.
I am coming from DXBase2007 and it took me until now to finally convert my log from DXBase to L32. It is not a 1 to 1 conversion as you probably know, but that doesn't exist anyway.
 
Now I am having problems finding the correct and probably easy way to upload my qsos to LOTW.
 
This is my procedure I currently use:
 
  1. I generate an ADIF-file with the QSOs I want to upload with the export to ADIF function of L32.
  2. Then I send this file trough the TQSL process of LOTW and the file will be uploaded to LOTW.
  3. So far so good, but what I am missing is the changing of the LOTW_QSL_SENT from N to Y.
    with DXBase2007 I was asked prior to sending, if the LOTW SENT flag should be set to Y.
    With L32 that's not the case and there must be a better way than manually changing every QSO from N to Y.
  4. I searched in the L32 help file for a description of how to upload to LOTW, but I wasn't really successful. There was something about flagging QSOs for LOTW, but also I found only a manual procedure of doing that, but I am sure L32 is better than that. Also what do I need to do, when  I have flagged the QSOs for LOTW-upload, and will the log then show afterwards the LOTW_QSL_SENT flag set to Y ?
  5. When I synchronized the downloaded LOTW file to my L32 log, it did show the LOTW_QSL_RCVD flag set to Y for the QSOs that had the confirmation and also for the same QSOs the LOTW_QSL_SENT flag was set to Y. That's fine, but all the not yet confirmed QSOs still had the LOTW_QSL_SENT flag set to N.
Please can someone give me step by step instructions on how to upload my QSOs to LOTW without the above mentioned hassle. I would very much appreciate it.
 
Thanks a lot in advance for any help I will receive.
 
 
73

Axel, DL3ZH

Jim Hargrave
 

Axel,

Loger32 can be setup to do it automatic.

 

1)      Look in the Logger32 help file and follow the process listed in “Tips, Tricks and Troubleshooting” paragraph 1.13. This will update your current logbook.                                                                                                                                                                                       

2)       N2AMG has a utility “L32LogSync”  that works  with Loggeer32 to automate most of the process. I suggest you download it and set it up.

 

Please check these out and feel free to ask questions as they surface.

 

Jim – w5ifp-

 

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Axel
Sent: Saturday, May 23, 2020 2:14 PM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: [hamlogger] Uploading (partial) log to LOTW

 

Hello,

 

I am a newby to logger32 and to this forum as well, so please don't get too angry with me, if I ask stupid questions.

I am coming from DXBase2007 and it took me until now to finally convert my log from DXBase to L32. It is not a 1 to 1 conversion as you probably know, but that doesn't exist anyway.

 

Now I am having problems finding the correct and probably easy way to upload my qsos to LOTW.

 

This is my procedure I currently use:

 

  1. I generate an ADIF-file with the QSOs I want to upload with the export to ADIF function of L32.
  2. Then I send this file trough the TQSL process of LOTW and the file will be uploaded to LOTW.
  3. So far so good, but what I am missing is the changing of the LOTW_QSL_SENT from N to Y.
    with DXBase2007 I was asked prior to sending, if the LOTW SENT flag should be set to Y.
    With L32 that's not the case and there must be a better way than manually changing every QSO from N to Y.
  4. I searched in the L32 help file for a description of how to upload to LOTW, but I wasn't really successful. There was something about flagging QSOs for LOTW, but also I found only a manual procedure of doing that, but I am sure L32 is better than that. Also what do I need to do, when  I have flagged the QSOs for LOTW-upload, and will the log then show afterwards the LOTW_QSL_SENT flag set to Y ?
  5. When I synchronized the downloaded LOTW file to my L32 log, it did show the LOTW_QSL_RCVD flag set to Y for the QSOs that had the confirmation and also for the same QSOs the LOTW_QSL_SENT flag was set to Y. That's fine, but all the not yet confirmed QSOs still had the LOTW_QSL_SENT flag set to N.

Please can someone give me step by step instructions on how to upload my QSOs to LOTW without the above mentioned hassle. I would very much appreciate it.

 

Thanks a lot in advance for any help I will receive.

 

 

73

Axel, DL3ZH

w1pr@...
 

I have downloaded L32LogSync. In the ReadMe file under Installation, para 2 says to "create a Utility menu entry in L32 that will load the application." I can't find anything in L32 Setup or in the Help file to instruct how to create such a file. I must be overlooking something obvious, but can somebody please point me in the right direction?
TNX & 73 de Paul W1PR

John, G4DRS
 
Edited

Paul, 
In the 'Tools' menu you will find Utility Program setup. Click this and you can set up the programs that appear under the 'Utilities' menu, and you can also choose whether they start automatically with Logger32, by ticking the box to the left of the column 'Utility Menu Item'.
So, for example, my Utilities menu looks like this:


PSTRotatorAz and n2amg clublog utility both start automatically whenever Logger32 starts. Closing Logger32 also closes those utility programs, too.

Some of the entries have been there so long I can't even remember what they are... :)

Give it a go.
You will find the N2AMG Clublog utility very handy.
If you run into problems with that, Rick is often hanging around on this forum, so he can help. If you have any other Logger32 problems, there is a lot of help on here, too.

Note that I named the Utility entry incorrectly, as 'clublog utility', rather than 'L32Logsync', but it doesn't matter, because I told it where to find the program during the setup process.

Cheers,


John
G4DRS

Bob
 

Click TOOLS | UTILITY PROGRAM SETUP. SeventyThree(s).

On May 24, 2020 at 2:35 PM w1pr@... wrote:

I have downloaded L32LogSync. In the ReadMe file under Installation, para 2 says to "create a Utility menu entry in L32 that will load the application." I can't find anything in L32 Setup or in the Help file to instruct how to create such a file. I must be overlooking something obvious, but can somebody please point me in the right direction?
TNX & 73 de Paul W1PR

 

Michael Buckle
 

You need to look at tools, Utility Programme Setup and the following (Attached) will appear

Press the Browse button and point the item to the place where you saved L32LogSynce, Give it a name like LogSynce in the left column and tick the little square tab so It starts when the Logger 32 starts

Bob has given you the instructions, I have just provided the Picture


On 24/05/2020 20:20, Bob wrote:
Click TOOLS | UTILITY PROGRAM SETUP. SeventyThree(s).
On May 24, 2020 at 2:35 PM w1pr@... wrote:

I have downloaded L32LogSync. In the ReadMe file under Installation, para 2 says to "create a Utility menu entry in L32 that will load the application." I can't find anything in L32 Setup or in the Help file to instruct how to create such a file. I must be overlooking something obvious, but can somebody please point me in the right direction?
TNX & 73 de Paul W1PR

 

Tom Wylie
 

Go on to N2AMG's site. Rick has a utility that when set up, sends your qsos to lotw with a couple of key strokes painlessly.

Tom 
GM4FDM 

On Sat, 23 May 2020, 20:14 Axel, <dl3zh@...> wrote:
Hello,
 
I am a newby to logger32 and to this forum as well, so please don't get too angry with me, if I ask stupid questions.
I am coming from DXBase2007 and it took me until now to finally convert my log from DXBase to L32. It is not a 1 to 1 conversion as you probably know, but that doesn't exist anyway.
 
Now I am having problems finding the correct and probably easy way to upload my qsos to LOTW.
 
This is my procedure I currently use:
 
  1. I generate an ADIF-file with the QSOs I want to upload with the export to ADIF function of L32.
  2. Then I send this file trough the TQSL process of LOTW and the file will be uploaded to LOTW.
  3. So far so good, but what I am missing is the changing of the LOTW_QSL_SENT from N to Y.
    with DXBase2007 I was asked prior to sending, if the LOTW SENT flag should be set to Y.
    With L32 that's not the case and there must be a better way than manually changing every QSO from N to Y.
  4. I searched in the L32 help file for a description of how to upload to LOTW, but I wasn't really successful. There was something about flagging QSOs for LOTW, but also I found only a manual procedure of doing that, but I am sure L32 is better than that. Also what do I need to do, when  I have flagged the QSOs for LOTW-upload, and will the log then show afterwards the LOTW_QSL_SENT flag set to Y ?
  5. When I synchronized the downloaded LOTW file to my L32 log, it did show the LOTW_QSL_RCVD flag set to Y for the QSOs that had the confirmation and also for the same QSOs the LOTW_QSL_SENT flag was set to Y. That's fine, but all the not yet confirmed QSOs still had the LOTW_QSL_SENT flag set to N.
Please can someone give me step by step instructions on how to upload my QSOs to LOTW without the above mentioned hassle. I would very much appreciate it.
 
Thanks a lot in advance for any help I will receive.
 
 
73

Axel, DL3ZH

Michael Buckle
 

This is True (Below) but It's called L32LogSync.exe, as you have already been told. Not only will it upload to LOTW but will also send EQsl, Clublog and HRD QSLs if not more, further, you can programme it to send to all as you press the enter key for record entry in Logger32.

On 24/05/2020 21:15, Tom Wylie wrote:
Go on to N2AMG's site. Rick has a utility that when set up, sends your qsos to lotw with a couple of key strokes painlessly.

Tom 
GM4FDM 

On Sat, 23 May 2020, 20:14 Axel, <dl3zh@...> wrote:
Hello,
 
I am a newby to logger32 and to this forum as well, so please don't get too angry with me, if I ask stupid questions.
I am coming from DXBase2007 and it took me until now to finally convert my log from DXBase to L32. It is not a 1 to 1 conversion as you probably know, but that doesn't exist anyway.
 
Now I am having problems finding the correct and probably easy way to upload my qsos to LOTW.
 
This is my procedure I currently use:
 
  1. I generate an ADIF-file with the QSOs I want to upload with the export to ADIF function of L32.
  2. Then I send this file trough the TQSL process of LOTW and the file will be uploaded to LOTW.
  3. So far so good, but what I am missing is the changing of the LOTW_QSL_SENT from N to Y.
    with DXBase2007 I was asked prior to sending, if the LOTW SENT flag should be set to Y.
    With L32 that's not the case and there must be a better way than manually changing every QSO from N to Y.
  4. I searched in the L32 help file for a description of how to upload to LOTW, but I wasn't really successful. There was something about flagging QSOs for LOTW, but also I found only a manual procedure of doing that, but I am sure L32 is better than that. Also what do I need to do, when  I have flagged the QSOs for LOTW-upload, and will the log then show afterwards the LOTW_QSL_SENT flag set to Y ?
  5. When I synchronized the downloaded LOTW file to my L32 log, it did show the LOTW_QSL_RCVD flag set to Y for the QSOs that had the confirmation and also for the same QSOs the LOTW_QSL_SENT flag was set to Y. That's fine, but all the not yet confirmed QSOs still had the LOTW_QSL_SENT flag set to N.
Please can someone give me step by step instructions on how to upload my QSOs to LOTW without the above mentioned hassle. I would very much appreciate it.
 
Thanks a lot in advance for any help I will receive.
 
 
73

Axel, DL3ZH

Axel
 

Thanks Jim for your help!
I tried to follow the steps described in paragraph 1.13, but I got stuck, when I wanted to re-import the previously exported ADIF logfile.

When I finally clicked on the start button of the Import ADIF Log-Window, I received the following error message (see attachment).
I could not get rid of this error message than asking the task manager to stop the L32 app.
I have no idea what this error message means.

Tnx es 73 de Axel, DL3ZH

Bob
 

Axel, the error message tells me (no need for you to understand it) that you were had imported an ADIF record and were trying to write it to your logbook. Logger32 checks the imported records very carefully to make sure they are correct. In this case, it looks like everything passed the checks, but Logger32 would still not allow you to write the record into your logbook. Something is very wrong, and it is trying to bedecke deinen arsch. So, the question is, what ADIF file/record were you trying to import, an where did it come from? Please zip it and send it to me at <k4cy@...>. SeventyThree(s).

On May 24, 2020 at 5:58 PM Axel <dl3zh@...> wrote:

Thanks Jim for your help!
I tried to follow the steps described in paragraph 1.13, but I got stuck, when I wanted to re-import the previously exported ADIF logfile.

When I finally clicked on the start button of the Import ADIF Log-Window, I received the following error message (see attachment).
I could not get rid of this error message than asking the task manager to stop the L32 app.
I have no idea what this error message means.

Tnx es 73 de Axel, DL3ZH