Topics

UDP listening from a different PC.

ik2rls@...

Hello, maybe  a new topic/question.

I manage a separate radio (IC7300) for FT8 traffic from my main one (IC7610) used for CW-RTTY-SSB.
I have a main PC laptop connected to 7610, where Logger32 is running.
I have available a second laptop where I would like to install separately WSJT, of course connected to the 7300.
The two laptops are in a same domestic network, they can see each other.

Question: is it possible to make Logger32 on first laptop UDP/TCP listen to WSJT on the second one?

Thanks in advance!

Saverio IK2RLS, Milan Italy

Bob

Probably not. In Logger32 the IP address of the UDP and TCP sockets are fixed at 127.0.0.1 (the localhost of that PC). There may be software available that allows you to fake virtual localhost address on a different PC, but I don't know. SeventyThree(s)