Topics

UDP bandmap call station?

Markku Oksanen

All
Is it possible a to call a station from the FT8 UDP bandmap directly?
If I double click on the call I get a complete SW crash.  I use WSJT-X.
Thanks
Markku OH2RA

Bob

Click (once) on the callsign. A highlight box will be placed around the callsign. Thr next time the station sends CQ or RR73 (or however you have setup WSJT), Logger32 will send a message to WSJT to call the station. You can watch the calling sequence in the Logger32 Manual Calling Event Viewer. If you change your mind, and decide not to call the station, click on it again (once). Double clicking does not crash Logger32 here. Maybe others could try. SeventyThree(s).

On February 2, 2020 at 3:55 AM Markku Oksanen <markku.a.oksanen@...> wrote:

All
Is it possible a to call a station from the FT8 UDP bandmap directly?
If I double click on the call I get a complete SW crash.  I use WSJT-X.
Thanks
Markku OH2RA

Bob

The Help file has a section dedicated to the UDP BandMap. Scroll down to 7.0 OPERATION (3) for details on how it works anh how to set it up. SeventyThre(s).

On February 2, 2020 at 3:55 AM Markku Oksanen <markku.a.oksanen@...> wrote:

All
Is it possible a to call a station from the FT8 UDP bandmap directly?
If I double click on the call I get a complete SW crash.  I use WSJT-X.
Thanks
Markku OH2RA

ja1nlx

Double clicking on any callsign in UDP BandMap does not crash Logger32 here.  (JTDX/WSJTX)

73

On 2020/02/02 20:35, Bob wrote:
Click (once) on the callsign. A highlight box will be placed around the callsign. Thr next time the station sends CQ or RR73 (or however you have setup WSJT), Logger32 will send a message to WSJT to call the station. You can watch the calling sequence in the Logger32 Manual Calling Event Viewer. If you change your mind, and decide not to call the station, click on it again (once). Double clicking does not crash Logger32 here. Maybe others could try. SeventyThree(s).
On February 2, 2020 at 3:55 AM Markku Oksanen <markku.a.oksanen@...> wrote:

All
Is it possible a to call a station from the FT8 UDP bandmap directly?
If I double click on the call I get a complete SW crash.  I use WSJT-X.
Thanks
Markku OH2RA

Jim Altman

Good here too.

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

On 2020/02/02 20:35, Bob wrote:

Click (once) on the callsign. A highlight box will be placed around the callsign. Thr next time the station sends CQ or RR73 (or however you have setup WSJT), Logger32 will send a message to WSJT to call the station. You can watch the calling sequence in the Logger32 Manual Calling Event Viewer. If you change your mind, and decide not to call the station, click on it again (once). Double clicking does not crash Logger32 here. Maybe others could try. SeventyThree(s).

On February 2, 2020 at 3:55 AM Markku Oksanen <markku.a.oksanen@...> wrote:

All
Is it possible a to call a station from the FT8 UDP bandmap directly?
If I double click on the call I get a complete SW crash.  I use WSJT-X.
Thanks
Markku OH2RA

Markku Oksanen

OK!  Thanks!

I must have been too impatient to see that the "brain" is working there.
And NOW I don't get a crash either, must have been a previous version of logger32 or some other interaction. Strange.
I will try this now.
However some rare stations only give reports and never CQ or RR73 so I will  see if I get this to work in practice.

Markku

Bob

I recommend using JTDX in preference to WSJT. It has a better receiver, and it has better flow control of the UDP messages. SeventyThree(s).

On February 2, 2020 at 11:16 AM Markku Oksanen <markku.a.oksanen@...> wrote:

OK!  Thanks!

I must have been too impatient to see that the "brain" is working there.
And NOW I don't get a crash either, must have been a previous version of logger32 or some other interaction. Strange.
I will try this now.
However some rare stations only give reports and never CQ or RR73 so I will  see if I get this to work in practice.

Markku

Markku Oksanen

All
Looks like I can't make WSJT-X call anybody by clicking on a call on the UDP bandmap.
The "cherry-picker" does work fine if one wants of offer QSOs at a good clip but to call DX I don't get the combination WSJT-X Logger32 to work correctly.
Is the perhaps a setting I am missing as cherry picking does work so UDP goes both ways fine.
Markku

Bob

From the Logger32 Manual Calling Event Viewer (using WSJT-X) :

I clicked on YO3GNF on the UDP BandMap at 13:35:00.  I waited 35 seconds until I received a CQ from YO3GNF. Logger32 automatically began the automatic calling sequence. SeventyThree(s).

On February 4, 2020 at 8:20 AM Markku Oksanen <markku.a.oksanen@...> wrote:

All
Looks like I can't make WSJT-X call anybody by clicking on a call on the UDP bandmap.
The "cherry-picker" does work fine if one wants of offer QSOs at a good clip but to call DX I don't get the combination WSJT-X Logger32 to work correctly.
Is the perhaps a setting I am missing as cherry picking does work so UDP goes both ways fine.
Markku

Markku Oksanen

Hi
I installed JTDX and I get " jtdx didn't go to transmit" error when I should get it to call a station.
What to try next?
Markku

Bob

Do you have the ACCEPT UDP REQUESTS option checked?

and the ANY MESSAGES menu checked?

SeventyThree(s).

On February 5, 2020 at 12:38 PM Markku Oksanen <markku.a.oksanen@...> wrote:

Hi
I installed JTDX and I get " jtdx didn't go to transmit" error when I should get it to call a station.
What to try next?
Markku

Markku Oksanen

I will check out my settings, once again.  I think I had the as above but no luck yet with JTDX.

HOWEVER I managed to make WSJTX actually call somebody.

NOW:  Is it only that this automation calls a station when they have sent a CQ?  Why is that?  SOOOO often a DX never sends a CQ after they get their first QSO.
I would kind of think that simply calling anytime when using split / hold tx F would be OK?
BR
Markku OH2RA

ja1nlx

Markku

JTDX accept UDP reply message of CQ/RR73/73.

When you want to call XX1XX then click XX1XX in UDP BandMap. XX1XX is surrounded by small box.

When he sends CQ/RR73/73 next time JTDX will call him.

WSJTX accept only UDP reply message of CQ for FT8. It accept UDP reply message of CQ/RR73/73

for FT4.

73

On 2020/02/06 17:41, Markku Oksanen wrote:
I will check out my settings, once again.  I think I had the as above but no luck yet with JTDX.

HOWEVER I managed to make WSJTX actually call somebody.

NOW:  Is it only that this automation calls a station when they have sent a CQ?  Why is that?  SOOOO often a DX never sends a CQ after they get their first QSO.
I would kind of think that simply calling anytime when using split / hold tx F would be OK?
BR
Markku OH2RA

... and AutoTx on? SeventyThree(s).

On February 6, 2020 at 3:41 AM Markku Oksanen <markku.a.oksanen@...> wrote:

I will check out my settings, once again.  I think I had the as above but no luck yet with JTDX.

HOWEVER I managed to make WSJTX actually call somebody.

NOW:  Is it only that this automation calls a station when they have sent a CQ?  Why is that?  SOOOO often a DX never sends a CQ after they get their first QSO.
I would kind of think that simply calling anytime when using split / hold tx F would be OK?
BR
Markku OH2RA

Markku Oksanen

Hmmmm  Better luck now.  Now I get transmit going on JTDX as should.

Looks like one needs a PhD to make these SW combinations work right.....  but wait.... I have a PhD in physics!
Thank you all for the detailed help!  These fantastic SW just have so many options and setting that it is really hard to get them to be just right.

Very humble big thank you!

Markku