Topics

Transition to V4 RCP panel bug

Fabien TK5MH

Just made the update from 3.50xx to V4.0.236

All of my configuration (Radio,Slave port, Rotor) are safe
Congratulations for the nice hard work ! Many thanks

So far, I just found one little bug :

In the RCP panel if I try to access the menu

- frequency/mode display
  - frequency/mode appearance

Logger32 shut down imediately

Hope it will help
73, Fabien TK5MH

Dave Colliau

Tested here works fine
Dave N8DC

On 01/24/2021 9:39 AM Fabien TK5MH via groups.io <tk5mh@...> wrote:

Just made the update from 3.50xx to V4.0.236

All of my configuration (Radio,Slave port, Rotor) are safe
Congratulations for the nice hard work ! Many thanks

So far, I just found one little bug :

In the RCP panel if I try to access the menu

- frequency/mode display
  - frequency/mode appearance

Logger32 shut down imediately

Hope it will help
73, Fabien TK5MH

Gary Hinson

No crash here either:

Fabien, here are five things to try, in sequence:

  1. Restart Logger32 and try the exact same thing again – see if you can access that RCP frequency/mode appearance window.  If it works now, goto step 5.
  2. If that doesn’t work, reboot and try it yet again.  If it works now, goto step 5.
  3. If that doesn’t work, rename C:\Logger32\Logger32.INI to C:\Logger32\Logger32 SAVED.INI, then restart Logger32.  Ignore the default settings for now – simply try to access that RCP frequency/mode appearance screen.  If it works this time, you know there is a problem with your Logger32.INI (goto step 4).  If it still doesn’t work, it looks like there may be a technical problem with your setup – presumably a bug in Logger32 and/or in Windows etc. (goto step 5).
  4. Reconfigure Logger32.  This can be tedious, especially if you have a highly-customized setup, so to save time you could copy across individual sections from your C:\Logger32\Logger32 SAVED.INI (or a previously-saved working version of Logger32.INI) into the newly created default C:\Logger32\Logger32.INI, restarting Logger32 and checking it at each stage.  If Logger32 crashes again, you have probably just found the specific problem, so un-do the last change you made to C:\Logger32\Logger32.INI and either carry on copying other sections across, or complete the configuration manually.
  5. Email the Logger32 support forum (Hamlogger@groups.io) to let us know how you got on, please.

73 GL

Gary  ZL2iFB

PS Here’s a Hinson tip for everyone still reading this far, relating to that bold bit above: save a backup copy of your Logger32.INI file now, assuming Logger32 is running OK as far as you know.  It is much easier to recover a working configuration of Logger32 using your backup .INI than it is to reconfigure a default Logger32 installation manually, from scratch.  Oh and it’s worth saving backups of the other .INI files in C:\Logger32\ as well for the same reason, plus of course your log/s – ideally as full ADIF exports.  Save them periodically onto a USB stick, CD-RW disk etc., and stash them somewhere safe.  A small investment of time and effort now can reduce the number of tears shed later.

Just made the update from 3.50xx to V4.0.236

All of my configuration (Radio,Slave port, Rotor) are safe
Congratulations for the nice hard work ! Many thanks

So far, I just found one little bug :

In the RCP panel if I try to access the menu

- frequency/mode display
  - frequency/mode appearance

Logger32 shut down imediately

Hope it will help
73, Fabien TK5MH

Fabien TK5MH

Thanks Gary,
I emailed to the Logger32 support forum
In brief, same problem with a new INI file
73, Fabien

Fabien TK5MH

Hi,
Problem gone since updated to V4.0.237 !
I don't know if you changed something in the code but now it works well .
Thanks again for the nice work and you have certainely a lot these days...
73, Fabien TK5MH