Topics

Tracking window problem

Pp

Hi everyone,

I´ve been using Logger32 since 2013 with Windows 7. No problem.

A few months ago change to Windows 10 and I have a problem with tracking window;

The rotator Works properly when I use the mouse cursor over the rotor panel (Short or Long Path). The rotator move the antenna to the correct direction.

But I can´t watch the red line in the desired bearing except If I put he mouse cursor over the view dx map. Before, with Windows 7 I can watch the red line at all time.

My setup:

Yaesu FTDX-5000MP, micro KEYER II, Prositel Rotator  PST-61D

Yaesu CAT control Works thru micro KEYER II to Logger32

Prositel Rotator PST61 is connected to PC Via Serial Port RS232 DB9

Any suggestions ( Please find file attached)

73! Pp

Jim Hargrave

Pepe,

Did you setup the marker?  Right click on View DX.  

REF: Logger32 Help file  |  Hardware setup |  Rotators  | Setup Antenna Rotator |  Paragraph 6.4

Jim – w5ifp-

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Pepe Botella via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, September 5, 2019 6:23 AM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: [hamlogger] Tracking window problem

Hi everyone,

A few months ago change to Windows 10 and I have a problem with tracking window;

The rotator Works properly when I use the mouse cursor over the rotor panel (Short or Long Path). The rotator move the antenna to the correct direction.

But I can´t watch the red line in the desired bearing except If I put he mouse cursor over the view dx map. Before, with Windows 7 I can watch the red line at all time.

My setup:

73! Pp

Pp

Jim, the marker setup is exactly as you describe. I cannot watch width display wedge

73! Pp

En jueves, 5 de septiembre de 2019 16:23:18 CEST, Jim Hargrave <w5ifp@...> escribió:

Pepe,

REF: Logger32 Help file  |  Hardware setup |  Rotators  | Setup Antenna Rotator |  Paragraph 6.4

Jim – w5ifp-

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Pepe Botella via Groups.Io

Hi everyone,

My setup:

73! Pp

Jim Altman

What would be neat is to be able to display the rotor direction cone even if there is no rotor attached (or a dummy nonexistent rotor) as the seeing the direction of the great circle on the display is neat.

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

From: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> On Behalf Of Pepe Botella via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, September 5, 2019 11:26 AM
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] Tracking window problem

Jim, the marker setup is exactly as you describe. I cannot watch width display wedge

73! Pp

En jueves, 5 de septiembre de 2019 16:23:18 CEST, Jim Hargrave <w5ifp@...> escribió:

Pepe,

Jim – w5ifp-

Hi everyone,

My setup:

73! Pp

Bob

... and the setup of the wedge itself?  Try adjusting the beam width and opacity. SeventyThree(s).

On September 5, 2019 at 11:26 AM "Pepe Botella via Groups.Io" <nepo1537@...> wrote:

73! Pp

Pepe,

Jim – w5ifp-

Hi everyone,

My setup:

73! Pp

Jim Altman

Well, I have done all that, but the wedge never shows up.  Expanded width and opacity. Played with the other settings.  Never shows up.

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

From: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Thursday, September 5, 2019 1:23 PM

... and the setup of the wedge itself?  Try adjusting the beam width and opacity. SeventyThree(s).

On September 5, 2019 at 11:26 AM "Pepe Botella via Groups.Io" <nepo1537@...> wrote:

73! Pp

Pepe,

Jim – w5ifp-

Hi everyone,

My setup:

73! Pp

Bob

Jim, are you saying you have the same problem Pepe has - You see the direction pointer, but no wedge? SeventyThree(s).

On September 5, 2019 at 1:52 PM Jim Altman <jaltman636@...> wrote:

Well, I have done all that, but the wedge never shows up.  Expanded width and opacity. Played with the other settings.  Never shows up.

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

73! Pp

Pepe,

Jim – w5ifp-

Hi everyone,

My setup:

73! Pp

Jim Altman

No, no pointer or wedge.

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

Sent: Thursday, September 5, 2019 2:05 PM

Jim, are you saying you have the same problem Pepe has - You see the direction pointer, but no wedge? SeventyThree(s).

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

73! Pp

Pepe,

Jim – w5ifp-

Hi everyone,

My setup:

73! Pp

Bob

... and no rotor either? 73.

On September 5, 2019 at 2:06 PM Jim Altman <jaltman636@...> wrote:

No, no pointer or wedge.

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

73! Pp

Pepe,

Jim – w5ifp-

Hi everyone,

My setup:

73! Pp

Jim Altman

Well, I have a rotor, but no computer control, its an old Ham-IV with the old Ham-IV control box.

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

Sent: Thursday, September 5, 2019 2:13 PM

No, no pointer or wedge.

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

73! Pp

Pepe,

Jim – w5ifp-

Hi everyone,

My setup:

73! Pp

Dave Colliau

Thats easy. The guy that owns vibroplex also sell the easy rotor unit . They work great and are easily installed. I have 2 of them in 2 different Hy-gain/CDE control boxes.

Dave N8DC

On September 5, 2019 at 2:24 PM Jim Altman <jaltman636@...> wrote:

Well, I have a rotor, but no computer control, its an old Ham-IV with the old Ham-IV control box.

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

No, no pointer or wedge.

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

73! Pp

Pepe,

Jim – w5ifp-

Hi everyone,

My setup:

73! Pp

Bob

Sorry, no rotor connected = no pointer and no wedge. Look at https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rotor-EZ-KIT-for-Hy-Gain-CDE-Ham-M-Ham-II-Ham-III-Ham-IV-TTwister-Rotor-Control/381850918226?hash=item58e8169d52:g:4vgAAOSwAuNW7t2j

SeventyThree(s).

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

No, no pointer or wedge.

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

73! Pp

Pepe,

Jim – w5ifp-

Hi everyone,

My setup:

73! Pp

Jim Altman

That’s why I thought it would be nice to be able to have the pointer and cone without rotor control.  Nonetheless $119 is a deal for electronic control and I may do that.  Thanks for the link.

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

Sent: Thursday, September 5, 2019 2:33 PM

Sorry, no rotor connected = no pointer and no wedge. Look at https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rotor-EZ-KIT-for-Hy-Gain-CDE-Ham-M-Ham-II-Ham-III-Ham-IV-TTwister-Rotor-Control/381850918226?hash=item58e8169d52:g:4vgAAOSwAuNW7t2j

SeventyThree(s).

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

No, no pointer or wedge.

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

73! Pp

Pepe,

Jim – w5ifp-

Hi everyone,

My setup:

73! Pp

Bob

Jim, that is for a kit. If you want a built/tested one it'll be 'bout $150. See here: https://www.hamsupply.com/rotor-ez-hy-gain-rotor-control/ SeventyThree(s).

On September 5, 2019 at 3:41 PM Jim Altman <jaltman636@...> wrote:

That’s why I thought it would be nice to be able to have the pointer and cone without rotor control.  Nonetheless $119 is a deal for electronic control and I may do that.  Thanks for the link.

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

SeventyThree(s).

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

No, no pointer or wedge.

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

73! Pp

Pepe,

Jim – w5ifp-

Hi everyone,

My setup:

73! Pp

Dave Colliau

the easy rotor is 129 built and it works well . 99.00 in a kit.

vibroplex.com

Dave n8dc

On September 5, 2019 at 4:26 PM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

Jim, that is for a kit. If you want a built/tested one it'll be 'bout $150. See here: https://www.hamsupply.com/rotor-ez-hy-gain-rotor-control/ SeventyThree(s).

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

SeventyThree(s).

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

No, no pointer or wedge.

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

73! Pp

Pepe,

Jim – w5ifp-

Hi everyone,

My setup:

73! Pp

Jim Hargrave

Jim,

The Rotor EZ kit is easy to assemble and install. I have mine in an old CDE controller.

Works great with Logger32 built in HyGain support. All Rotor manual controls are retained.

Jim – w5ifp-

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Thursday, September 5, 2019 3:27 PM

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

SeventyThree(s).

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

No, no pointer or wedge.

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

73! Pp

Pepe,

Jim – w5ifp-

Hi everyone,

My setup:

73! Pp

Pp

Bob,

My setup of the wedge is similar as you show in the image.

I can watch the wedge only if the mouse is over tracking window. So if I select a direction (i.e 40º) and click mouse left buttom the rotor PST-61 go to 40º but
I cannot watch the new direction over the tracking window, I need to see the PST-61 Box control.

Pp

Bob

From what you describe, you can not see the wedge, or the pointer, unless the mouse is over the tracking window. Correct? It works as expected for me (picture below). Does the digital readout work as expected? You might want to investigate the graphics setup on your PC, I don't hear anyone else complaining about this. SeventyThre(s).

On September 6, 2019 at 6:28 AM "Pp via Groups.Io" <nepo1537@...> wrote:

Bob,

I can watch the wedge only if the mouse is over tracking window. So if I select a direction (i.e 40º) and click mouse left buttom the rotor PST-61 go to 40º but
I cannot watch the new direction over the tracking window, I need to see the PST-61 Box control.

Pp

Pp

On Fri, Sep 6, 2019 at 12:48 PM, Bob wrote:
I can not see the wedge, the pointer and the digital bearing

Jim Hargrave

Here is what  I see;

The wedge  (With black line in my config) is always visible. This is the ‘Received” line shown in the De-bug pane.

The RED Rotor Control line is only visible when the mouse is hovered over the map.

Does your De-bug pane show the degrees at the end of the Received line?

If you do not see the wedge or Digital clock, this indicates the rotor is not providing position feedback in response to the poll.

Jim – w5ifp-

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Friday, September 6, 2019 5:48 AM

From what you describe, you can not see the wedge, or the pointer, unless the mouse is over the tracking window. Correct? It works as expected for me (picture below). Does the digital readout work as expected? You might want to investigate the graphics setup on your PC, I don't hear anyone else complaining about this. SeventyThre(s).

On September 6, 2019 at 6:28 AM "Pp via Groups.Io" <nepo1537@...> wrote:

Bob,

Pp