Topics

Time sync error

Jim Altman

Lately, if you have the ‘set time on udp bandmap open’ ticked, if it fails to get the time, it generates a runtime error 5 and the program crashes.

73

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

Bob

Jim, I connect to ROLEX.USG.EDU. To simulate your report, I changed the address to ROLEX.USG.EDUXX. Now, I see this error

It would appear that your Chernobyl like Error 5 is not caused by simple failure to connect, but by receipt of unexpected data (which I have never seen from USG.EDU). Shooting in the dark, I have added additional error checking to the SNTP code. SeventyThree(s).