Topics

The latest JTDX version

ja1nlx

ver 2.1.0-rc150 has been released.  https://jtdx.tech/en/

The default installation folder is now C:\JTDX64\150 (64 bit version)
It will be C:\JTDX64\151 for next release.

This means that JTDX is installed in different folder and you should change
path in UDP BandMap Start menu.

I recommend you to install JTDX in the same folder, C:\JTDX64\ for example.

Vince Shirley

Aki,

Thanks - I've installed the new version changed the path and everything works as it should BUT JTDX shows frequency in red and won't let me change bands.  I stress that  everything works but I just can't change bands.

Reverting to v149, everything is fine.

Should I have uninstalled 149 before installing 150?

Vince G0ORC

Vince

On Sat, 9 May 2020 at 23:25, ja1nlx <ayoshida0205@...> wrote:
ver 2.1.0-rc150 has been released.  https://jtdx.tech/en/

The default installation folder is now C:\JTDX64\150 (64 bit version)
It will be C:\JTDX64\151 for next release.

This means that JTDX is installed in different folder and you should change
path in UDP BandMap Start menu.

I recommend you to install JTDX in the same folder, C:\JTDX64\ for example.

No JTDX on this notebook, so this is a SWAG - On JTDX, click the FILE menu. Click SETTINGS | FREQUENCIES. Click the RESET button at the upper right. SeventyThree(s)

PS. I've lost my hearing 100%. No diving today. I'm safe ... One of the carnivorous symptoms is loss of taste/smell :)

On May 9, 2020 at 8:56 PM Vince Shirley <vince.g0orc@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Bob.

Sorry, no reset button and no frequencies listed either.

Is loss of hearing another COVID symptom, or just a natural defence mechanism to the real world you find yourself in?

Vince

On Sun, 10 May 2020 at 02:09, Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:
[...]

There is a reset button in 149 but not in 150

[...]

Right click on the table . You see "Reset"

73

On 2020/05/10 10:19, Vince Shirley wrote:
[...]

Hi Vince.

If the band selector isn’t working, we need to reset the stored frequencies:

  • Pres F2 to open JTDX settings
  • Open the Frequencies tab
  • Right click in the [empty] table and select Reset
  • Optionally: reconfigure all your custom frequencies
  • OK or close the settings
  • Check that you can now select bands and frequencies

I gather this is a side-effect of changes to the configuration file.

Thanks - I've installed the new version changed the path and everything works as it should BUT JTDX shows frequency in red and won't let me change bands.  I stress that  everything works but I just can't change bands.

Reverting to v149, everything is fine.

Should I have uninstalled 149 before installing 150?

Vince G0ORC

Vince

On Sat, 9 May 2020 at 23:25, ja1nlx <ayoshida0205@...> wrote:

ver 2.1.0-rc150 has been released.  https://jtdx.tech/en/

The default installation folder is now C:\JTDX64\150 (64 bit version)
It will be C:\JTDX64\151 for next release.

This means that JTDX is installed in different folder and you should change
path in UDP BandMap Start menu.

I recommend you to install JTDX in the same folder, C:\JTDX64\ for example.

No reset button? OK, Is there two empty panes?  Right click the upper one and select RESET ... come to think of it, I think there's a tooltip about that if you hover the mouse over the upper pane ... No, loss of hearing is as result of countless years of small arms fire, jet engines. artillery, and four wives. Add to that, doing my best Jaques Cousteau imitation at my age .. It happens every year on our annual 'youth is wasted on the young' trip. SeventyThree(s).

On May 9, 2020 at 9:19 PM Vince Shirley <vince.g0orc@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Gary.

There's no reset button in 150, there is in 149....

Vince

On Sun, 10 May 2020 at 02:30, Gary Hinson <Gary@...> wrote:

[...]

Ahh... there we go.

It right-click magic again.

Thanks Bob,

Now where are my hearing aids.....

Vince

On Sun, 10 May 2020 at 02:33, Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:
[...]

Admittedly I may not be using the very latest version but I think mine is a beta of v150 and it does have the reset function:

Do you have the other functions?  Or is it totally kaput?

Thanks - I've installed the new version changed the path and everything works as it should BUT JTDX shows frequency in red and won't let me change bands.  I stress that  everything works but I just can't change bands.

Reverting to v149, everything is fine.

Should I have uninstalled 149 before installing 150?

Vince G0ORC

Vince

On Sat, 9 May 2020 at 23:25, ja1nlx <ayoshida0205@...> wrote:

ver 2.1.0-rc150 has been released.  https://jtdx.tech/en/

The default installation folder is now C:\JTDX64\150 (64 bit version)
It will be C:\JTDX64\151 for next release.

This means that JTDX is installed in different folder and you should change
path in UDP BandMap Start menu.

I recommend you to install JTDX in the same folder, C:\JTDX64\ for example.

KX2A

There is a reset.  Left-click  File > Settings > Frequencies put the cursor in the upper left pane and right-click.  It is the bottom choice.  I just went through that again and had to be retold the method by another JTDX user. Questions like this are JTDX questions, not Logger32 questions.

73,

Jan, KX2A