Topics

SWL request!

Giuseppe Giunta

Ciao a tutti,

I have been a Logger32 user for many years and I can only thank the Author and the entire Team for the excellent work done. After the "old" DXbase, I used Logger32 for a long time as a Radio Amateur, with the call IT9VDQ, about 118.000 Qso; now for about a year, I have been using the program also as ShortWaveListener with the call IT9-60339; to do this I had to adapt the Logbook "window" to the needs of the SWL, that is to delete some fields (such as the second RST_Rec) and add the indispensable one of the second Call listened to (Call-2), without which an "HRD" it has no value; I show you attached a screenshot of the software adapted to SWL purposes, that I have made available to everyone with the name “Logger32 for SWL” on https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/files.

The needs of an OM and those of a SWL are slightly different, logging QSOs or HRDs: often a SWL even before listening to the Call, listening to the RST, or even the second Call (Call-2), which, on the other hand, does not happen to a Radio Amateur, who at 99% of the time the first thing the correspondent puts in the log is the Call; Logger32 used as SWL, if you don't fill in the Call field first, it doesn't give you the possibility to move to the other fields like RST or Call-2, which in most of the plays in Contest makes you waste a lot of time; often, if I listen to Call-2 first, to move in Call field I have to put a letter or a number in Call, and then move towards the other fields that I am able to listen to!

My request:

Is it possible to make the cursor move freely between the fields of the “log entry pane” without the Call field having to be filled in first?

Thank you in advance and sorry for my bad English.

73 de Giù, IT9VDQ

aka IT9-60339  (one of IB9T)

Bob

 Giù, I understand exactly what you're asking for, but Logger32 is designed so that everything is centered around the callsign field. It is not practical to modify the Logbook Entry window to change the way it works.  Sorry, but it will not be changed.

SeventyThree(s).

PS No need to apologize for your English. It is excellent.

On 01/26/2021 11:42 AM Giuseppe Giunta <it9vdq@...> wrote:

[...]

n5kd

Hi Giù.

Right click in the field where you enter the call.
Select Setup | Setup Tab Order

Then you can select which fields to show and the order.

73’ Pete, N5KD.

On Jan 26, 2021, at 16:42, Giuseppe Giunta <it9vdq@...> wrote:

Giù

Giuseppe Giunta

[...]