Topics

subscript out of range

kenfilmer@outlook.com
 

I lost L32 last night, deleted by MS - thanks morons!

I got L32 back after messing around for ages (I am no computer expert) I upgraded L32 today - no Logger32 again.

Clicking the L32 icon the programme seems to start for a second or two then disappears and I get the message subscript out of range.

Is this time to go back to a paper logbook?

Can anybody help?

Ken
G3XPO


 

Michael Buckle
 

Hi Ken,

If you go to the help tab at the top of L32, what version is loaded? Have you done an update lately? Mine shows version 3.50.414, this I think is the latest update because when I tried updating just 30 seconds ago, it says there are no more updates. Either 411, 412 or 413 updates had a problem and wiped out the Start Icon on the desktop. If that is the case, you need to look in a previous version, copy the EXE file and paste it into the Logger32 root folder. Try doing a update before you try to recover the programme. The reason it (The PC) deleted the startup icon was the anti virus thought it had a virus. Hopefully you say Backup All before you update?

I hope this helps a little?

On 14/05/2020 16:05, kenfilmer@... wrote:

I lost L32 last night, deleted by MS - thanks morons!

I got L32 back after messing around for ages (I am no computer expert) I upgraded L32 today - no Logger32 again.

Clicking the L32 icon the programme seems to start for a second or two then disappears and I get the message subscript out of range.

Is this time to go back to a paper logbook?

Can anybody help?

Ken
G3XPO


 

kenfilmer@outlook.com
 

All I get on opening L32 after that subscript out of range message is the outline, no windows inside appear. Clicking on help to check the version just says version again.

 

I upgraded today so I’m presumably using the latest version.

 

Yesterday the start icon disappeared, today it exists but clicking on it fails to start L32. Well, just for a second then I get that subscript message.

 

I can’t open roll back to a previous version.

 

I have logger32 in my virus exclusion settings.

 

I give up. I’ve used L32 happily for years but recently its been almost unusable, no doubt due to MS.

 

Maybe Bob needs to cough up the protection money to MS!

 

Thanks anyway for the reply

 

Ken

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Michael Buckle via groups.io
Sent: 14 May 2020 17:04
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] subscript out of range

 

Hi Ken,

If you go to the help tab at the top of L32, what version is loaded? Have you done an update lately? Mine shows version 3.50.414, this I think is the latest update because when I tried updating just 30 seconds ago, it says there are no more updates. Either 411, 412 or 413 updates had a problem and wiped out the Start Icon on the desktop. If that is the case, you need to look in a previous version, copy the EXE file and paste it into the Logger32 root folder. Try doing a update before you try to recover the programme. The reason it (The PC) deleted the startup icon was the anti virus thought it had a virus. Hopefully you say Backup All before you update?

I hope this helps a little?

On 14/05/2020 16:05, kenfilmer@... wrote:

I lost L32 last night, deleted by MS - thanks morons!

I got L32 back after messing around for ages (I am no computer expert) I upgraded L32 today - no Logger32 again.

Clicking the L32 icon the programme seems to start for a second or two then disappears and I get the message subscript out of range.

Is this time to go back to a paper logbook?

Can anybody help?

Ken
G3XPO

 

 

Michael Buckle
 

Ken, are you on Skype?

On 14/05/2020 17:18, kenfilmer@... wrote:

All I get on opening L32 after that subscript out of range message is the outline, no windows inside appear. Clicking on help to check the version just says version again.

�

I upgraded today so I�m presumably using the latest version.

�

Yesterday the start icon disappeared, today it exists but clicking on it fails to start L32. Well, just for a second then I get that subscript message.

�

I can�t open roll back to a previous version.

�

I have logger32 in my virus exclusion settings.

�

I give up. I�ve used L32 happily for years but recently its been almost unusable, no doubt due to MS.

�

Maybe Bob needs to cough up the protection money to MS!

�

Thanks anyway for the reply

�

Ken

�

�

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

�

From: Michael Buckle via groups.io
Sent: 14 May 2020 17:04
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] subscript out of range

�

Hi Ken,

If you go to the help tab at the top of L32, what version is loaded? Have you done an update lately? Mine shows version 3.50.414, this I think is the latest update because when I tried updating just 30 seconds ago, it says there are no more updates. Either 411, 412 or 413 updates had a problem and wiped out the Start Icon on the desktop. If that is the case, you need to look in a previous version, copy the EXE file and paste it into the Logger32 root folder. Try doing a update before you try to recover the programme. The reason it (The PC) deleted the startup icon was the anti virus thought it had a virus. Hopefully you say Backup All before you update?

I hope this helps a little?

On 14/05/2020 16:05, kenfilmer@... wrote:

I lost L32 last night, deleted by MS - thanks morons!

I got L32 back after messing around for ages (I am no computer expert) I upgraded L32 today - no Logger32 again.

Clicking the L32 icon the programme seems to start for a second or two then disappears and I get the message subscript out of range.

Is this time to go back to a paper logbook?

Can anybody help?

Ken
G3XPO

�

�

Bob
 

Is it time to go back to a paper log? IMHO definitely. Consider what you just did ... Microsoft suddenly doesn't like Logger32 version3.50.414 and quarantines it. So you reinstall 3.50.414 ... What would you expect to happen?  Of course it was quarantined, again. What your missing is configuring Microsoft to NOT check the \Logger32 folder. Then reinstall Logger32. Make sense? And, don't forget to go here  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission and whine to Microsoft. SeventyThree(s).

On May 14, 2020 at 11:05 AM "kenfilmer@..." <kenfilmer@...> wrote:

I lost L32 last night, deleted by MS - thanks morons!

I got L32 back after messing around for ages (I am no computer expert) I upgraded L32 today - no Logger32 again.

Clicking the L32 icon the programme seems to start for a second or two then disappears and I get the message subscript out of range.

Is this time to go back to a paper logbook?

Can anybody help?

Ken
G3XPO


 


 

Michael Buckle
 

Ken, can you send an e mail to g4rmv@..., I will send you a disguised Logger32.bak file which is a Logger32.exe file, you just have to rename it

On 14/05/2020 17:04, Michael Buckle via groups.io wrote:

Hi Ken,

If you go to the help tab at the top of L32, what version is loaded? Have you done an update lately? Mine shows version 3.50.414, this I think is the latest update because when I tried updating just 30 seconds ago, it says there are no more updates. Either 411, 412 or 413 updates had a problem and wiped out the Start Icon on the desktop. If that is the case, you need to look in a previous version, copy the EXE file and paste it into the Logger32 root folder. Try doing a update before you try to recover the programme. The reason it (The PC) deleted the startup icon was the anti virus thought it had a virus. Hopefully you say Backup All before you update?

I hope this helps a little?

On 14/05/2020 16:05, kenfilmer@... wrote:

I lost L32 last night, deleted by MS - thanks morons!

I got L32 back after messing around for ages (I am no computer expert) I upgraded L32 today - no Logger32 again.

Clicking the L32 icon the programme seems to start for a second or two then disappears and I get the message subscript out of range.

Is this time to go back to a paper logbook?

Can anybody help?

Ken
G3XPO


 

kenfilmer@outlook.com
 

No, sorry Michael. This PC is set up for RTTY and it has no sound.

 

Ken

G3XPO

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Michael Buckle via groups.io
Sent: 14 May 2020 17:28
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] subscript out of range

 

Ken, are you on Skype?

On 14/05/2020 17:18, kenfilmer@... wrote:

All I get on opening L32 after that subscript out of range message is the outline, no windows inside appear. Clicking on help to check the version just says version again.

�

I upgraded today so I�m presumably using the latest version.

�

Yesterday the start icon disappeared, today it exists but clicking on it fails to start L32. Well, just for a second then I get that subscript message.

�

I can�t open roll back to a previous version.

�

I have logger32 in my virus exclusion settings.

�

I give up. I�ve used L32 happily for years but recently its been almost unusable, no doubt due to MS.

�

Maybe Bob needs to cough up the protection money to MS!

�

Thanks anyway for the reply

�

Ken

�

�

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

�

From: Michael Buckle via groups.io
Sent: 14 May 2020 17:04
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] subscript out of range

�

Hi Ken,

If you go to the help tab at the top of L32, what version is loaded? Have you done an update lately? Mine shows version 3.50.414, this I think is the latest update because when I tried updating just 30 seconds ago, it says there are no more updates. Either 411, 412 or 413 updates had a problem and wiped out the Start Icon on the desktop. If that is the case, you need to look in a previous version, copy the EXE file and paste it into the Logger32 root folder. Try doing a update before you try to recover the programme. The reason it (The PC) deleted the startup icon was the anti virus thought it had a virus. Hopefully you say Backup All before you update?

I hope this helps a little?

On 14/05/2020 16:05, kenfilmer@... wrote:

I lost L32 last night, deleted by MS - thanks morons!

I got L32 back after messing around for ages (I am no computer expert) I upgraded L32 today - no Logger32 again.

Clicking the L32 icon the programme seems to start for a second or two then disappears and I get the message subscript out of range.

Is this time to go back to a paper logbook?

Can anybody help?

Ken
G3XPO

�

�