Still Can't auto update L32

Jerry Spring

I still can't use auto update and am stuck on V4.254.  I've gone through the manual and made sure the three applications have administrator permissions, I've checked the URL and saw that it sees the latest version.  But I still get the same error message:  No reply from http://www1.Logger32.net/autoupdate/
If I click on the link it says: 

Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server.

Apache Server at www1.logger32.net Port 443

Also, the Logger32 website does not allow downloading of the latest update.  What to do?

Bob

Pencil & paper log? SeventyThree(s).

On 06/11/2021 9:00 AM Jerry Spring <jspring@...> wrote:

I still can't use auto update and am stuck on V4.254.  I've gone through the manual and made sure the three applications have administrator permissions, I've checked the URL and saw that it sees the latest version.  But I still get the same error message:  No reply from http://www1.Logger32.net/autoupdate/

Not Found

Also, the Logger32 website does not allow downloading of the latest update.  What to do?

Bob

Until you fix your PC, you can download the update at 

SeventyThree(s).

On 06/11/2021 9:00 AM Jerry Spring <jspring@...> wrote:

Not Found

Jerry Spring

Can you clarify what it means to “fix my PC”?  It updated fine before upgrading to V4.

DamianM0BKV

I suspect the problem is the latest Windows 10 update. Since my PC was updated by Bill gates & co. numerous things are different like occasionally Windows File Explorer will not work until a reset??? When I did the last Logger32 update the right click on the bottom taskbar L32 Icon did nothing whereas before I could run as administrator. Now I have to run as administrator a different way. BTW I've now got a new Microsoft 'News Menu' that I'm sure I didn't agree to! Microsoft will soon rule the world.

Jose KP3W

I cant get the Auto update to work, I just download manually and install it.
ps. Microsoft already rules the world along with Google...
cheers - 73 - KP3W - Jose

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2021 12:51 PM
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] Still Can't auto update L32

I suspect the problem is the latest Windows 10 update. Since my PC was updated by Bill gates & co. numerous things are different like occasionally Windows File Explorer will not work until a reset??? When I did the last Logger32 update the right click on the bottom taskbar L32 Icon did nothing whereas before I could run as administrator. Now I have to run as administrator a different way. BTW I've now got a new Microsoft 'News Menu' that I'm sure I didn't agree to! Microsoft will soon rule the world.

Bob

Jose, you 'aint seen nothing yet. Next Friday (June 25) Microsoft is scheduled to announce the end date of Windows, and their new 'we've got you by the short and curlies' O/S. SeventyThree(s).

PS. To those who can't configure their PCs to enable/allow Logger32 auto-updates .. Call the Geek Squad. 

On 06/16/2021 8:31 PM Jose KP3W <jjr@...> wrote:

Jose KP3W

Nothing seems to amaze me, anyway a nice "de-bloater" script file will be out there soon after to take care of it until the next upgrade.
Thanks for a great program Bob, vy much appreciated.

Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2021 8:44 PM

Jose, you 'aint seen nothing yet. Next Friday (June 25) Microsoft is scheduled to announce the end date of Windows, and their new 'we've got you by the short and curlies' O/S. SeventyThree(s).
PS. To those who can't configure their PCs to enable/allow Logger32 auto-updates .. Call the Geek Squad. 
On 06/16/2021 8:31 PM Jose KP3W <jjr@...> wrote:

Jerry Spring

No.  I am using Windows 7 and there haven't been any updates in years.  Nothing has changed on my PC - except for installing V4.0 upgrade.  From the mysterious comments, it sounds like something has broken inside my PC.  I have had it examined by the Geek Squad and they have found nothing wrong with it.  Every other application works fine.  I have checked all the permissions and followed the chapter in the latest L32 manual. 

Bob

I suggest you ask for a refund. Some software is blocking/preventing Logger32 from downloading the file ... You can download it from a browser, Logger32 can't ... Should be a no brainer for a Geek to find/fix that. SeventyThree(s). 

On 06/19/2021 5:54 PM Jerry Spring <jspring@...> wrote:

No.  I am using Windows 7 and there haven't been any updates in years.  Nothing has changed on my PC - except for installing V4.0 upgrade.  From the mysterious comments, it sounds like something has broken inside my PC.  I have had it examined by the Geek Squad and they have found nothing wrong with it.  Every other application works fine.  I have checked all the permissions and followed the chapter in the latest L32 manual. 

Bob

... PS. What's the big deal anyway. Just do it manually. SeventyThree(s).

On 06/19/2021 6:00 PM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

I suggest you ask for a refund. Some software is blocking/preventing Logger32 from downloading the file ... You can download it from a browser, Logger32 can't ... Should be a no brainer for a Geek to find/fix that. SeventyThree(s). 
On 06/19/2021 5:54 PM Jerry Spring <jspring@...> wrote:

Kenneth Hansen

I’m using  Windows 7, and I get updates all the time.
The PC is on 24/7, and so is Logger32.
Maybe you need to check for W7 updates.

de KB2SSE

On Sat, Jun 19, 2021 at 5:54 PM Jerry Spring <jspring@...> wrote:

--
Kenneth Hansen
Owner
ScanAm Technical Services, LLC

Mike Oakley

Does the update come up saying it needs to be updated? If so, close the program, then RIGHT CLICK the Logger32 application icon. When you see Logger32 at the top, right click that and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR. Click yes and the program starts. Then when the update comes up, click ok and start it. That's how I have to update mine unless I do it manually, so I hope that helps.

Mike KE4BKL

Jerry Spring

Thanks Mike for the suggestion.  Tried this and still the same result.  I wouldn't mind manually updating if the updates were posted where I could find them.  Everything has administrative permissions here.

Jerry

Mike

On Sat, Jun 19, 2021 at 11:54 PM, Jerry Spring wrote:
I have checked all the permissions and followed the chapter in the latest L32 manual. 
https://www.m-files.com/user-guide/latest/eng/faq_checking_windows_event_logs.html
Try to run update, than check in the logs what cause to prevent them.