Still Can't auto update L32

Jerry Spring

I still can't use auto update and am stuck on V4.254.  I've gone through the manual and made sure the three applications have administrator permissions, I've checked the URL and saw that it sees the latest version.  But I still get the same error message:  No reply from http://www1.Logger32.net/autoupdate/
If I click on the link it says:

Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server.

Apache Server at www1.logger32.net Port 443

Also, the Logger32 website does not allow downloading of the latest update.  What to do?

Bob

Pencil & paper log? SeventyThree(s).

On 06/11/2021 9:00 AM Jerry Spring <jspring@...> wrote:

I still can't use auto update and am stuck on V4.254.  I've gone through the manual and made sure the three applications have administrator permissions, I've checked the URL and saw that it sees the latest version.  But I still get the same error message:  No reply from http://www1.Logger32.net/autoupdate/
If I click on the link it says:

Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server.

Apache Server at www1.logger32.net Port 443

Also, the Logger32 website does not allow downloading of the latest update.  What to do?

Bob

Until you fix your PC, you can download the update at

SeventyThree(s).

On 06/11/2021 9:00 AM Jerry Spring <jspring@...> wrote:

I still can't use auto update and am stuck on V4.254.  I've gone through the manual and made sure the three applications have administrator permissions, I've checked the URL and saw that it sees the latest version.  But I still get the same error message:  No reply from http://www1.Logger32.net/autoupdate/
If I click on the link it says:

Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server.

Apache Server at www1.logger32.net Port 443

Also, the Logger32 website does not allow downloading of the latest update.  What to do?

Jerry Spring

Can you clarify what it means to “fix my PC”?  It updated fine before upgrading to V4.

DamianM0BKV

I suspect the problem is the latest Windows 10 update. Since my PC was updated by Bill gates & co. numerous things are different like occasionally Windows File Explorer will not work until a reset??? When I did the last Logger32 update the right click on the bottom taskbar L32 Icon did nothing whereas before I could run as administrator. Now I have to run as administrator a different way. BTW I've now got a new Microsoft 'News Menu' that I'm sure I didn't agree to! Microsoft will soon rule the world.

Jose KP3W

I cant get the Auto update to work, I just download manually and install it.
ps. Microsoft already rules the world along with Google...
cheers - 73 - KP3W - Jose

I suspect the problem is the latest Windows 10 update. Since my PC was updated by Bill gates & co. numerous things are different like occasionally Windows File Explorer will not work until a reset??? When I did the last Logger32 update the right click on the bottom taskbar L32 Icon did nothing whereas before I could run as administrator. Now I have to run as administrator a different way. BTW I've now got a new Microsoft 'News Menu' that I'm sure I didn't agree to! Microsoft will soon rule the world.

Bob

Jose, you 'aint seen nothing yet. Next Friday (June 25) Microsoft is scheduled to announce the end date of Windows, and their new 'we've got you by the short and curlies' O/S. SeventyThree(s).

PS. To those who can't configure their PCs to enable/allow Logger32 auto-updates .. Call the Geek Squad.

On 06/16/2021 8:31 PM Jose KP3W <jjr@...> wrote:

I cant get the Auto update to work, I just download manually and install it.
ps. Microsoft already rules the world along with Google...
cheers - 73 - KP3W - Jose
I suspect the problem is the latest Windows 10 update. Since my PC was updated by Bill gates & co. numerous things are different like occasionally Windows File Explorer will not work until a reset??? When I did the last Logger32 update the right click on the bottom taskbar L32 Icon did nothing whereas before I could run as administrator. Now I have to run as administrator a different way. BTW I've now got a new Microsoft 'News Menu' that I'm sure I didn't agree to! Microsoft will soon rule the world.

Jose KP3W

Nothing seems to amaze me, anyway a nice "de-bloater" script file will be out there soon after to take care of it until the next upgrade.
Thanks for a great program Bob, vy much appreciated.