Topics

start up error

GEOFF KENT

When ever i start logger the separate windows on the screen such as Freq and call sign and log page open it different sizes and have to be altered to fit on the screen again, how do i save it so that this does not happen.

Geoff VK5KIK

Gary Hinson

Hi Geoff,

The window sizes and positions are supposed to be stored in the Logger32.INI file.  In your case, I wonder if something is preventing the .INI from being updated and saved correctly – possibly a permissions issue with the file or the Logger32 directory?

As a test, I just moved my QSO entry pane then closed Logger … and was surprised to find that the .INI wasn’t updated (the file modification date didn’t change), so when I re-started Logger32, the QSO entry pane was back where it started.

Hmmmmm, maybe something is broken in Logger32 after all.

When ever i start logger the separate windows on the screen such as Freq and call sign and log page open it different sizes and have to be altered to fit on the screen again, how do i save it so that this does not happen.

Geoff VK5KIK

Kenneth Hansen

On 1/17/2020 13:00, Gary Hinson wrote:
Hi Geoff,
Do have "lock child windows" checked?

KB2SSE - Ken

GEOFF KENT

Yes Ken i have locked child windows checked.

Bob

Are you using a multi-screen configuration?  Are you running the main Logger32 window maximized? If so, try making it sizeable, then expand it so that it is close to full screen size, and reposition the child windows to fit. SeventyThree(s).

On January 16, 2020 at 10:23 PM GEOFF KENT <gkent@...> wrote:

When ever i start logger the separate windows on the screen such as Freq and call sign and log page open it different sizes and have to be altered to fit on the screen again, how do i save it so that this does not happen.

Geoff VK5KIK

GEOFF KENT

yes to your question Multi screen and Maximized i have tried what you suggested and now the only 2 windows that are not linked to the main window are radio control panel and The callsign window, to explain a bit more if i move logger from one screen to another those 2 windows stay behind or if i minimize logger those 2 windows stay original size and position.

Bob

Sounds about right to me. Logger32 uses three distinct types of Windows - 1) The MDI (Main Document Interface) which is the main container window, 2) Child Windows, there's about six of them, and they reside within the bounds of the MDI (move the MDI and they move too), and 3) non-child windows that are free to be moved independently between screens (or within a screen). All old fashioned stuff I know, but tapping/swiping the finger (even the extended middle one) doesn't excite me. SeventyThree(s).