Topics

Sea level

Michael Tondee <king_arthur@...>

I had no problem finding out my lat/long to put in logger but where can I find the heighth
above sea level for a given location? I assume this is what HSL in the config box means.
Thanks,
Michael W4HIJ

Ed Sleight <k4sb@...>

Call the nearest airport and ask them for a general answer. Actually,
height above sea level in this case is worthless. Bearings do not change
at any height attainable by anything but an ICBM.

73
Ed

N5AJF <n5ajf@...>

Try the local airport flight services or a surveyor company.

I had no problem finding out my lat/long to put in logger but where can I
find the heighth
above sea level for a given location? I assume this is what HSL in the
config box means.
Thanks,
Michael W4HIJ

Michael Ostrowski <mostrowski@...>

This was posted to the QRP-L reflector this morning and looks to
be a very good source for finding your height above sea level...

Anyone doing a terrain analysis can find topographic maps for the entire
U.S. at www.topozone.com The 1:25000 even shows my humble abode on it.

Joe K1JN
...........................................-

73,
Mike

KI8IK@...

I had no problem finding out my lat/long to put in logger but where can I
find the heighth above sea level for a given location? I assume this is what
HSL in the
config box means.
Thanks,
Michael W4HIJ

Gregg's Mail <gah@...>

I am sorry to inform you that Gregg Houck suffered a massive heart attack on
6/28/00 and passed away.

I am Jim Hoffman, one of Gregg's friends, his employer, and a fellow Amateur
(KA3HQR).

If you have furthur inquires, e-mail me jimh@...

Sincerely,
Jim

I had no problem finding out my lat/long to put in logger but where can I
find the heighth above sea level for a given location? I assume this is
what
HSL in the
config box means.
Thanks,
Michael W4HIJ

Visit these sites for logger and other downloads:
http://www.itis.net/golist/ and...
http://www.chroniclenetworks.com/~dwm/Logger.htm