Topics

Runtime Error 5 on 4.x update after trying to Recalculate Statistics.

Svein Henriksen

Just upgraded from V3, I followed the instructions TO THE DOT, even calling the temp directory “Delete-me” he he…

Program starts but as reported from others asked to Recalculate Statistics. On doing so I also got Runtime Error 5 and then shutdown.

Looking at previous messages I did as RA6YDX and deleted the .INI file. The program starts and lets me recalculate statistics. Then I changed the .INI file header  in the original .INI file and all was well after that.

Thanks for the great work Bob.

I have not read the complete manual yet but will do so. It certainly looks impressive.

I will now explorer the new functions

Maybe the Runtime 5 Error, with the connection to the .INI file should be included in the troubleshooting section under the upgrade instructions.

73 de LA3PU

Svein

Gary Hinson

Thanks Svein.

As far as I know, none of us on the beta test team had that issue, but then we mostly upgraded to v4 some months ago so maybe there’s something different now.

Anyway, yes, I will update the troubleshooter section as soon as I can.  I’m working on a little list of User Manual changes already, and expecting our power to go off any second as the power co is due to replace a power pole today … which means a day outside doing Other Stuff aside from IT and radio.

PS  Well done on following the instructions TO THE DOT and reporting those issues, which I can correct.  If only everyone would do the same!