RSP1A and SDRConsole as Panadapter on Slave Port

John, G4DRS

I have the FTdx5000 with the RSP1A connected to the 9MHz IF output.
I use Logger32 as my logging software and SDRConsole V3 as my panadapter display.
I have VSPE set up to split off COM 1 (the physical port connected to the radio) to COM 2 (the port Logger32 talks to the radio on. I also have VSPE creating a serial port Pair (com15 and com 16) for the logging software to use as its 'Slave' port.
Long story short, I can either get the SDRConsole display to show the radio frequency, but see no signals, or I can get the SDRConsole to show me all the signals in the 9MHz IF passband, but showing only 9MHz on the frequency display.
I have a suspicion I might need to meddle with the External Radio windows, but I have managed to Hide those, never to be seen again.
Does anyone have an idiot's guide to getting this combination working?
It has the potential to be a great setup, but it's not quite there yet, so I need some assistance.

John
G4DRS

John, G4DRS

I have the FTdx5000 with the RSP1A connected to the 9MHz IF output.

Well, I got this to work. I would find it difficult to explain precisely what I did to make it work, but fiddling around with various combinations of stuff meant that the output of the slave port was successfully overlaid onto the SDRC spectrum.
Fast forward to a few days ago, when the combination stopped working quite the way it was doing.
Now, the slave port polls and sends frequency data to the SDRC receiver, the 'RX DSP' window in SDRC displays the frequency sent by the slave port, but the spectrum displays whatever I last manually tuned it to.
I am not aware of having made any changes to either program, but who can tell?
I believe that Logger32 is doing what it is supposed to, but that SDRC is not doing what it used with the information. I have no idea how to rectify that.
I have put a query on the SDRC support forum, but have received no responses, despite over 40 people reading it, so I wondered whether anyone in this group could shed any light.

I'm expecting the numbers on the waterfall and the spectrum to be the same as the numbers on the IF Display.
This combination is in the Logger32 help file, so I know I'm not the only one using it. I just hope there is someone who understands it all better than I do! :)

73,

John
G4DRS

John, G4DRS

I appear to have answered my own question.
I looked again at the Logger32 help file, looking especially for any discrepancy between my windows and those in the help file.
The key was that, in my Receive DSP pane, the receiver was powered on, whilst in the help file it was powered off.
I clicked mine to Off, and everything seems to be working as expected.

Sorry to bother you with my foolishness.

Cheers,

John
G4DRS