Topics

rotor problem

Richard Zalewski

New.  Rotor working fine in L32 except when start JTDX it stops the Comm 11 for the rotor.  Rotor works fine in other programs on comm11

Bob

Very rude of JTDX to do that. What serial port is JTDX configured to use for its radio connection? You say that the rotor port comm 11 works fine with other programs ... even if you start JTDX? SeventyThree(s).

On August 24, 2019 at 11:19 AM Richard Zalewski <dick.w7zr@...> wrote:

New.  Rotor working fine in L32 except when start JTDX it stops the Comm 11 for the rotor.  Rotor works fine in other programs on comm11

Richard Zalewski

Yup really strange.  Rotor works in L32 until I start FT8 with JTDX.  

Richard 
W7ZR ex:5C5Z, CN2ZR, K2JSP, W6SBZ, W7KXR, K9ZIJ, W9KNF, W0KDF, W0MQU, J68ZR, KC6ZR, PJ4/W7ZR, KH2,W7ZR, KH6/W7ZR, V31ZR, VK4AAZ, XE2DV

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer

On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 9:31 AM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

Very rude of JTDX to do that. What serial port is JTDX configured to use for its radio connection? You say that the rotor port comm 11 works fine with other programs ... even if you start JTDX? SeventyThree(s).

Bob

I asked two questions, you didn't answer either. SeventyThree(s).

On August 24, 2019 at 12:51 PM Richard Zalewski <dick.w7zr@...> wrote:

Richard 
W7ZR ex:5C5Z, CN2ZR, K2JSP, W6SBZ, W7KXR, K9ZIJ, W9KNF, W0KDF, W0MQU, J68ZR, KC6ZR, PJ4/W7ZR, KH2,W7ZR, KH6/W7ZR, V31ZR, VK4AAZ, XE2DV

On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 9:31 AM Bob < k4cy@...> wrote:

On August 24, 2019 at 11:19 AM Richard Zalewski < dick.w7zr@...> wrote:

Richard Zalewski

ok....JTDX IS USING COMM 6.  Not sure what you mean when you say even when I start JTDX?  I start JTDX from L32 UDP port.

Richard 

On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 9:55 AM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

I asked two questions, you didn't answer either. SeventyThree(s).

On August 24, 2019 at 12:51 PM Richard Zalewski <dick.w7zr@...> wrote:

Richard 

Bob

So far so good. Now, with Logger32 and JTDX running, what is the text in the rotor pane (center of the lower status bar)? If you put the mouse over the rotor pane, what is the tooltip?  SeventyThree(s).

Richard Zalewski

You have magic long distance fingers.  This time it worked.  Tnx

Richard 

On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 10:27 AM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

So far so good. Now, with Logger32 and JTDX running, what is the text in the rotor pane (center of the lower status bar)? If you put the mouse over the rotor pane, what is the tooltip?  SeventyThree(s).

Bob

No rotor configured for the FT8 entries in your BandPlan? SeventyThree(s).

On August 24, 2019 at 1:37 PM Richard Zalewski <dick.w7zr@...> wrote:

You have magic long distance fingers.  This time it worked.  Tnx

Richard 

On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 10:27 AM Bob < k4cy@...> wrote:

Jan

Did you try to open the radio port after JTDX has started?
That is how I solve this

73 Jan PA4JJ

Op 24.aug..2019 om 18:51 schreef Richard Zalewski:

Richard 

On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 9:31 AM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

-- 

Bob

Jan, I beg your pardon - You start JTDX, then you open the Logger32 radio port in order to make the rotor port work? Been spending time in the Amsterdam coffee shops again? SeventyThree(s).

On August 24, 2019 at 3:56 PM Jan <hamlogger@...> wrote:

Did you try to open the radio port after JTDX has started?
That is how I solve this

73 Jan PA4JJ

Op 24.aug..2019 om 18:51 schreef Richard Zalewski:

Richard 

-- 

Jim Cox

I have been having this problem with the rotator --- not sure when it started, most of the time it will not work when going to JTDX but works fine outside of the program.  I can look at the rotator debug screen and no command is sent to the rotator itself from Logger32.  Again when a station is just selected from the spots screen within Logger32 it works FB.  Any ideas.  73s Jim K4JAF

Bob

Click TOOLS | SETUP BANDS & MODES. You are now looking at your personalized BandPlan. Look at the FT4 and FT8 rows ... All the way over to the next to last column is where the Rotor # goes. No number = no rotor. So, when operating FT4 or FT8 the frequency changes to the appropriate row in the table. No number = no rotor.  SeventyThree(s).

On August 25, 2019 at 9:41 AM Jim Cox <jcox123@...> wrote:

I have been having this problem with the rotator --- not sure when it started, most of the time it will not work when going to JTDX but works fine outside of the program.  I can look at the rotator debug screen and no command is sent to the rotator itself from Logger32.  Again when a station is just selected from the spots screen within Logger32 it works FB.  Any ideas.  73s Jim K4JAF

Jim Cox

Bob, I have the rotator box set ok in the band plan menu for FT8.  Strange behavior as sometimes the rotator will work ok but not when you click on a call in FT8 but will change directions when the station is first called and the xmitter keys..  This is evident also by the rotator debug screen.  All worked fine until a week or so ago when I first noticed this behavior.  Jim K4JAF

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:55 AM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] rotor problem

Click TOOLS | SETUP BANDS & MODES. You are now looking at your personalized BandPlan. Look at the FT4 and FT8 rows ... All the way over to the next to last column is where the Rotor # goes. No number = no rotor. So, when operating FT4 or FT8 the frequency changes to the appropriate row in the table. No number = no rotor.  SeventyThree(s).

Bob

Jim, please explain what you mean by ... but not when you click on a call in FT8 Where do you click? 73.

On August 25, 2019 at 10:14 AM Jim Cox <jcox123@...> wrote:

Bob, I have the rotator box set ok in the band plan menu for FT8.  Strange behavior as sometimes the rotator will work ok but not when you click on a call in FT8 but will change directions when the station is first called and the xmitter keys..  This is evident also by the rotator debug screen.  All worked fine until a week or so ago when I first noticed this behavior.  Jim K4JAF

Olivier F4FQH

Hi

I have the same issue here, rotor is moving alone when the sation is called.
The rotor change direction just a bit

73s
Olivier
F4FQH

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 4:27 PM

Jim, please explain what you mean by ... but not when you click on a call in FT8 Where do you click? 73.

Bob

Oliver, please explain. I have no idea what you said. 73.

On August 25, 2019 at 1:27 PM Olivier F4FQH <unit365@...> wrote:

Hi

73s
Olivier
F4FQH

Jim Cox

Bob. Out of town till tomorrow. Will send exact sequence tomorrow.  Jim. K4JAF

On Aug 25, 2019, at 12:27 PM, Olivier F4FQH <unit365@...> wrote:

Hi

73s
Olivier
F4FQH

Olivier F4FQH

Hi Bob,

Well will try to explain but next time i will check carefully the problem.

I’ve started to use the UDP band plan windows now, to select calls which interest me. In JTDX, it not showing correctly what is made or not, so the UDP windows is nice for this.
Nice also because when we clic a call, the system know when calling after a CQ or 73 from the station we call.

Before i clicked only on calls in JTDX and never saw this issue.

When i clic a call in the UDP windows, it fill the logbook entry, and turn the rotator in direction of the call QTH clicked. Untill this, it’s ok.
But, during the QSO the rotor move alone. Sometime it move just a bit, some degrees more or less, it seem the rotator not stopped in the good direction the first time. Somtime moving anywhere...
But this not all the time.
I will check this better, and report you a better explanation.
Or if i can i will make video and send you a link to watch it, because it will be big i think.

Interesting bug but all is usable, just boring,  that’s why i search on my side before asking something, but as i saw some have nearly the same issue, so i told it.

Will investigate a bit more Bob, my problem is i resume work tomorow so the time will be short in next days....

73s

Olivier
F4FQH

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 7:33 PM

Hi

73s
Olivier
F4FQH

Bob

Olivier, mon vieux, I think what you are seeing is because when you click on the UDP BandMap the callsign is loaded into the Logbook Entry Window and the beam heading is calculated based on the callsign. The antenna starts to turn. After maybe one or two seconds the lookup of the callsign adds additional data to the Logbook Entry Window - Maybe a US State or County, maybe a gridsquare. The beam heading is recalculated based on this new information ... What does the rotor do? Experiment with this ... on the Rotator setup Window (at the bottom) are options to delay the start of turning the beam ... For example, if you delay 3 seconds (maybe two, or one), them hopefully the additional data from the callsign lookup has populated the Logbook Entry Window and the calculations will be correct the first time the rotor is turned. Avoir du sens? SeventyThree(s).

On August 25, 2019 at 5:34 PM Olivier F4FQH <unit365@...> wrote:

Hi Bob,

I’ve started to use the UDP band plan windows now, to select calls which interest me. In JTDX, it not showing correctly what is made or not, so the UDP windows is nice for this.
Nice also because when we clic a call, the system know when calling after a CQ or 73 from the station we call.

When i clic a call in the UDP windows, it fill the logbook entry, and turn the rotator in direction of the call QTH clicked. Untill this, it’s ok.
But, during the QSO the rotor move alone. Sometime it move just a bit, some degrees more or less, it seem the rotator not stopped in the good direction the first time. Somtime moving anywhere...
Or if i can i will make video and send you a link to watch it, because it will be big i think.

Interesting bug but all is usable, just boring,  that’s why i search on my side before asking something, but as i saw some have nearly the same issue, so i told it.

Will investigate a bit more Bob, my problem is i resume work tomorow so the time will be short in next days....

73s

Olivier
F4FQH

Hi

73s
Olivier
F4FQH

Bob

Olivier, que vois-tu? 73.

On August 25, 2019 at 6:09 PM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

Olivier, mon vieux, I think what you are seeing is because when you click on the UDP BandMap the callsign is loaded into the Logbook Entry Window and the beam heading is calculated based on the callsign. The antenna starts to turn. After maybe one or two seconds the lookup of the callsign adds additional data to the Logbook Entry Window - Maybe a US State or County, maybe a gridsquare. The beam heading is recalculated based on this new information ... What does the rotor do? Experiment with this ... on the Rotator setup Window (at the bottom) are options to delay the start of turning the beam ... For example, if you delay 3 seconds (maybe two, or one), them hopefully the additional data from the callsign lookup has populated the Logbook Entry Window and the calculations will be correct the first time the rotor is turned. Avoir du sens? SeventyThree(s).

On August 25, 2019 at 5:34 PM Olivier F4FQH <unit365@...> wrote:

Hi Bob,

73s

Olivier
F4FQH

Hi

73s
Olivier
F4FQH