Topics

rotor problem

Richard Zalewski

New.  Rotor working fine in L32 except when start JTDX it stops the Comm 11 for the rotor.  Rotor works fine in other programs on comm11

Bob

Very rude of JTDX to do that. What serial port is JTDX configured to use for its radio connection? You say that the rotor port comm 11 works fine with other programs ... even if you start JTDX? SeventyThree(s).

On August 24, 2019 at 11:19 AM Richard Zalewski <dick.w7zr@...> wrote:

New.  Rotor working fine in L32 except when start JTDX it stops the Comm 11 for the rotor.  Rotor works fine in other programs on comm11

Richard Zalewski

Yup really strange.  Rotor works in L32 until I start FT8 with JTDX.

Richard
W7ZR ex:5C5Z, CN2ZR, K2JSP, W6SBZ, W7KXR, K9ZIJ, W9KNF, W0KDF, W0MQU, J68ZR, KC6ZR, PJ4/W7ZR, KH2,W7ZR, KH6/W7ZR, V31ZR, VK4AAZ, XE2DV

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer

On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 9:31 AM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

Very rude of JTDX to do that. What serial port is JTDX configured to use for its radio connection? You say that the rotor port comm 11 works fine with other programs ... even if you start JTDX? SeventyThree(s).

On August 24, 2019 at 11:19 AM Richard Zalewski <dick.w7zr@...> wrote:

New.  Rotor working fine in L32 except when start JTDX it stops the Comm 11 for the rotor.  Rotor works fine in other programs on comm11

Bob

I asked two questions, you didn't answer either. SeventyThree(s).

On August 24, 2019 at 12:51 PM Richard Zalewski <dick.w7zr@...> wrote:

Yup really strange.  Rotor works in L32 until I start FT8 with JTDX.

Richard
W7ZR ex:5C5Z, CN2ZR, K2JSP, W6SBZ, W7KXR, K9ZIJ, W9KNF, W0KDF, W0MQU, J68ZR, KC6ZR, PJ4/W7ZR, KH2,W7ZR, KH6/W7ZR, V31ZR, VK4AAZ, XE2DV

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer

On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 9:31 AM Bob < k4cy@...> wrote:

Very rude of JTDX to do that. What serial port is JTDX configured to use for its radio connection? You say that the rotor port comm 11 works fine with other programs ... even if you start JTDX? SeventyThree(s).

On August 24, 2019 at 11:19 AM Richard Zalewski < dick.w7zr@...> wrote:

New.  Rotor working fine in L32 except when start JTDX it stops the Comm 11 for the rotor.  Rotor works fine in other programs on comm11

Richard Zalewski

ok....JTDX IS USING COMM 6.  Not sure what you mean when you say even when I start JTDX?  I start JTDX from L32 UDP port.

On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 9:55 AM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

[...]

So far so good. Now, with Logger32 and JTDX running, what is the text in the rotor pane (center of the lower status bar)? If you put the mouse over the rotor pane, what is the tooltip?  SeventyThree(s).

Richard Zalewski

You have magic long distance fingers.  This time it worked.  Tnx

On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 10:27 AM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

So far so good. Now, with Logger32 and JTDX running, what is the text in the rotor pane (center of the lower status bar)? If you put the mouse over the rotor pane, what is the tooltip?  SeventyThree(s).

Bob

No rotor configured for the FT8 entries in your BandPlan? SeventyThree(s).

On August 24, 2019 at 1:37 PM Richard Zalewski <dick.w7zr@...> wrote:

You have magic long distance fingers.  This time it worked.  Tnx

Richard
W7ZR ex:5C5Z, CN2ZR, K2JSP, W6SBZ, W7KXR, K9ZIJ, W9KNF, W0KDF, W0MQU, J68ZR, KC6ZR, PJ4/W7ZR, KH2,W7ZR, KH6/W7ZR, V31ZR, VK4AAZ, XE2DV

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer

On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 10:27 AM Bob < k4cy@...> wrote:

So far so good. Now, with Logger32 and JTDX running, what is the text in the rotor pane (center of the lower status bar)? If you put the mouse over the rotor pane, what is the tooltip?  SeventyThree(s).

Jan

Did you try to open the radio port after JTDX has started?
That is how I solve this

73 Jan PA4JJ

Op 24.aug..2019 om 18:51 schreef Richard Zalewski:
Yup really strange.  Rotor works in L32 until I start FT8 with JTDX.

Richard
W7ZR ex:5C5Z, CN2ZR, K2JSP, W6SBZ, W7KXR, K9ZIJ, W9KNF, W0KDF, W0MQU, J68ZR, KC6ZR, PJ4/W7ZR, KH2,W7ZR, KH6/W7ZR, V31ZR, VK4AAZ, XE2DV

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer

On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 9:31 AM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

Very rude of JTDX to do that. What serial port is JTDX configured to use for its radio connection? You say that the rotor port comm 11 works fine with other programs ... even if you start JTDX? SeventyThree(s).

On August 24, 2019 at 11:19 AM Richard Zalewski <dick.w7zr@...> wrote:

New.  Rotor working fine in L32 except when start JTDX it stops the Comm 11 for the rotor.  Rotor works fine in other programs on comm11

my dxspider clusters running on a raspberry pi:
pa4jj-2 83.162.186.242 port 7300
pa4jj-3 83.162.186.242 port 7388

Bob

Jan, I beg your pardon - You start JTDX, then you open the Logger32 radio port in order to make the rotor port work? Been spending time in the Amsterdam coffee shops again? SeventyThree(s).

On August 24, 2019 at 3:56 PM Jan <hamlogger@...> wrote:

[...]

Jim Cox

I have been having this problem with the rotator --- not sure when it started, most of the time it will not work when going to JTDX but works fine outside of the program.  I can look at the rotator debug screen and no command is sent to the rotator itself from Logger32.  Again when a station is just selected from the spots screen within Logger32 it works FB.  Any ideas.  73s Jim K4JAF

Bob

Click TOOLS | SETUP BANDS & MODES. You are now looking at your personalized BandPlan. Look at the FT4 and FT8 rows ... All the way over to the next to last column is where the Rotor # goes. No number = no rotor. So, when operating FT4 or FT8 the frequency changes to the appropriate row in the table. No number = no rotor.  SeventyThree(s).

On August 25, 2019 at 9:41 AM Jim Cox <jcox123@...> wrote:

I have been having this problem with the rotator --- not sure when it started, most of the time it will not work when going to JTDX but works fine outside of the program.  I can look at the rotator debug screen and no command is sent to the rotator itself from Logger32.  Again when a station is just selected from the spots screen within Logger32 it works FB.  Any ideas.  73s Jim K4JAF

Jim Cox

Bob, I have the rotator box set ok in the band plan menu for FT8.  Strange behavior as sometimes the rotator will work ok but not when you click on a call in FT8 but will change directions when the station is first called and the xmitter keys..  This is evident also by the rotator debug screen.  All worked fine until a week or so ago when I first noticed this behavior.  Jim K4JAF

Click TOOLS | SETUP BANDS & MODES. You are now looking at your personalized BandPlan. Look at the FT4 and FT8 rows ... All the way over to the next to last column is where the Rotor # goes. No number = no rotor. So, when operating FT4 or FT8 the frequency changes to the appropriate row in the table. No number = no rotor.  SeventyThree(s).

On August 25, 2019 at 9:41 AM Jim Cox <jcox123@...> wrote:

I have been having this problem with the rotator --- not sure when it started, most of the time it will not work when going to JTDX but works fine outside of the program.  I can look at the rotator debug screen and no command is sent to the rotator itself from Logger32.  Again when a station is just selected from the spots screen within Logger32 it works FB.  Any ideas.  73s Jim K4JAF

Bob

Jim, please explain what you mean by ... but not when you click on a call in FT8 Where do you click? 73.

On August 25, 2019 at 10:14 AM Jim Cox <jcox123@...> wrote:

[...]

Olivier F4FQH

Hi

I have the same issue here, rotor is moving alone when the sation is called.
The rotor change direction just a bit

73s
Olivier
F4FQH

[...]

Oliver, please explain. I have no idea what you said. 73.

On August 25, 2019 at 1:27 PM Olivier F4FQH <unit365@...> wrote:

[...]

Bob. Out of town till tomorrow. Will send exact sequence tomorrow.  Jim. K4JAF