Topics

Requested Addition for Logbook Page

mikewalkington

Hi Bob

Just wondering if you could provide the ability to add the three flag to send Eqsl, LOTW, and QSL fields to the Logbook Page so that they can be used as filters.

Mike

VK1OO

Bob <k4cy@...>

Please explain. 73.

On February 13, 2020 at 4:40 PM mikewalkington <mike.walkington@...> wrote:

Hi Bob

Just wondering if you could provide the ability to add the three flag to
send Eqsl, LOTW, and QSL fields to the Logbook Page so that they can be
used as filters.

Mike

VK1OO

mikewalkington

Hi Bob

I can adapt the Logbook page to my desire through setup / grid layout. Here I can add QSL_SENT and QSL_RCVD and the eQSL and LOTW equivalents to my Logbook page. My request is to see if you can add the send Eqsl, send LOTW, and send QSL flags as choices in grid layout. By the send Eqsl, send LOTW, and send QSL flags, I mean the “Flag this QSO to send QSL” “Flag this QSO to send eQSL record and “Flag this QSO to send LOTW record” flags that are settable through the Edit QSL Info panel.

I know I can set colours for these “Flag to Send” so that they show up on the Logbook page, but it is a pain to scroll through many logbook entries to find them. I know these flags key the functionality for exporting QSL, eQSL and LOTW files, but before I do that, I like to go through the flagged QSOs and correct QSL messages, QSL via message, direct or via bureau information etc.

By being able to show the flags on the Logbook page, I am assuming that I will also be able to sort by them, and this will allow me to quickly group the different types of QSOs I have flagged by planned QSL type and to check the QSL info before I do the file export. I also use the USER_2 and USER_3 Fields for marking QSLS to go via Bureau and by Direct so that I can sort my exported QSL file into the two different types. It may be cool if you gave us that choice as well through the Edit QSL Info panel.

I hope this makes sense to you.

Mike

VK1OO

PS I am still looking for the kitchen sink.

Bob <k4cy@...>

OK Mike, I've got it now. Sorry to say, it's not going to happen. Here's the rationale (from someone who doesn't QSO/eQSL/LoTW at all) - As eQSL and LoTW are electronic, require no manual processing, gratis, and can be sent in real time, I would assume that anyone interested in these services would automatically flag all QSOs for eQSL_SEND and LoTW_SEND. SeventyThree(s).