Topics

Recover from Logger32 V520 failure

KX2A

I tried to update to the latest Logger32 version, and had a number of error messages.  The result is that I no longer have a working Logger32.  I had failed to make a backup ADIF, and my rollback says it cannot find its files.  I managed to find my Logger32 log files and copy them to another folder.

I am not sure what to do next.  Should I start as a new user with the latest Logger32, and then copy the log files over to the Logger32 folder that has the new installation?  I did the installation with my AVG virus check off.  The Windows protection was already off.

Thank you,
Jan, KX2A

Bob

In the \Logger32 directory is a file Logger32Rollback.exe. Run it, you will see a window like this:

It is a list of the last 10 successful updates you have done. Pick one and click ROLLBACK. It no goes away and overwrites the current version files with the ones from that particular upgrade. When finished, you will be prompted to run Logger32. Unless you have done something catastrophic, this should recover you failed upgrade.

If this fails, you can always go back and install 3.50.0, when running immediately upgrade (try no to blow it up this time). 73.