RCP is grey and white box in corner can't open it or move it

Kevin J Prince

Hi,
For some reason this morning the RCP has appeared on screen as below.
I can't move it, resize it or anything. it won't close either.

On the view dropdown, the option 'Show radio Control Panel is in light grey..

What's happened and how do I  fix it?
 I have closed the program and also rebooted the computer, same space occupied.
73 de Kevin G0NUP

Gary Hinson

Hi Kevin,

I’ve never seen that here, so I’m not sure how it happened … but I suggest:

  • Close Logger32
  • Rename c:\Logger32\Logger32.INI to something like c:\Logger32\Logger32 SUSPECT.INI
  • Restart Logger32
  • It should launch with all its defaults and none of your configuration options set, creating a new c:\Logger32\Logger32.INI
  • Is the mysterious RCP box there?  If not, it appears something was wrong with the configuration settings in the SUSPECT.INI file … so you can try retrieving an older saved version of the .INI file from backups, editing the SUSPECT .INI file in the hope of finding a problem setting, or just reconfiguring Logger32 manually from scratch.

Good luck!

For some reason this morning the RCP has appeared on screen as below.
I can't move it, resize it or anything. it won't close either.

On the view dropdown, the option 'Show radio Control Panel is in light grey..

What's happened and how do I  fix it?
 I have closed the program and also rebooted the computer, same space occupied.
73 de Kevin G0NUP

n5kd

Kevin,

I’d consider doing the same procedure as Gary suggested, but with the file    RadioPanel.ini

73’ Pete, N5KD.

For some reason this morning the RCP has appeared on screen as below.
I can't move it, resize it or anything. it won't close either.

On the view dropdown, the option 'Show radio Control Panel is in light grey..

What's happened and how do I  fix it?
 I have closed the program and also rebooted the computer, same space occupied.
73 de Kevin G0NUP

Gary Hinson

Ah, yes, good point Pete.

I really shouldn’t respond to L32 queries at ~3am!