Topics

Radios Turning on/off JTDX

G4RRM Pete

Aki

From main JTDX group, looks like it’s been designed in and author doesn’t want to change!
I prefer not to have the feature.

Hi All
Yep newer rigs (with directly connected usb) will be turned on when jtdx is launched. And this is a good thing, I can't imagine why somebody needs to launch jtdx without having rig connection. This is also not possible prevent without altering hamlib.  I even done a modified branch of hamlib, where rig is also turned off when jtdx ends, For me very useful, especially when working from remote.

73
Pete
G4RRM

Gerald Boutin

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 10:38 AM, G4RRM Pete wrote:
Aki

From main JTDX group, looks like it’s been designed in and author doesn’t want to change!
I prefer not to have the feature.

Hi All
Yep newer rigs (with directly connected usb) will be turned on when jtdx is launched. And this is a good thing, I can't imagine why somebody needs to launch jtdx without having rig connection. This is also not possible prevent without altering hamlib.  I even done a modified branch of hamlib, where rig is also turned off when jtdx ends, For me very useful, especially when working from remote.

73
Pete
G4RRM
Support for remote On/Off is great, but it should not be automatic. Some of us might still want to use the rig even when not using JTDX.

--
Gerald, VE1DT

ja1nlx

Pete

I believe this is one of bad change for users....OH WELL

73

On 2020/05/11 22:38, G4RRM Pete wrote:
Aki

From main JTDX group, looks like it’s been designed in and author doesn’t want to change!
I prefer not to have the feature.

Hi All
Yep newer rigs (with directly connected usb) will be turned on when jtdx is launched. And this is a good thing, I can't imagine why somebody needs to launch jtdx without having rig connection. This is also not possible prevent without altering hamlib.  I even done a modified branch of hamlib, where rig is also turned off when jtdx ends, For me very useful, especially when working from remote.

73
Pete
G4RRM

Don’t lose all hope, Aki.  Be patient.  Igor often denies there is an issue, and says or implies it won’t be fixed … but then the problem quietly and mysteriously vanishes from a future release.   Maybe he just needs time to consider the inputs and code the fixes.  For sure he is juggling competing priorities.  And perhaps he doesn’t want to lose face by conceding that he is only human, like the rest of us.

Anyway, this is a JTDX issue, not Logger32, so let’s get back on topic please folks.