From: "larry fields" <n6hpx1@...>
Sent: 06/10/2019 15:29:32
Subject: [hamlogger] QRZ kookups internal

I loaded the software and been adding the info like grids and others. But I notice on the internal it shows a error where it needs a password and log in user name.

question is this one that comes from our regular log it one from the QRZ Page or one we need to make up.

Bad part of the external is it stops me at 102 look ups.

Thanks.

Phill Morris (G6EES)

Larry

Based on what you have written below, it is asking for your normal login user name and password that you already have for QRZ.com

Note that the free access to QRZ.com only allows up to 100 lookups per day. (actually, I thought it was 50 per day)

You will very easily and quickly go over 100 😊

To be able to lookup more than 100 you have to pay QRZ.com

This costs $29.95 per year (or $119.97 for 5 years).

You then have no restriction on how many callsigns you look up 😊😊😊

Phill

G6EES

I loaded the software and been adding the info like grids and others. But I notice on the internal it shows a error where it needs a password and log in user name.

question is this one that comes from our regular log it one from the QRZ Page or one we need to make up.

Bad part of the external is it stops me at 102 look ups.

Thanks.

larry fields

Good morning all, and thanks for the info on this, I was kinda figuring it was that but wanted to make sure. I got up to 102 checks before it closed the door on me. I will add the payment so I can  continue. The only sad part the info won't allow me to add the counties of the states I made contact with. which would come in handy in working all counties awards.

Thanks and 73
Larry Fields: du1/n6hpx
Manila PHILIPPINES

Retired looking for more work
Office:(63)46-571-5687
cell:    (63)916-756-7781
member:
American Radio Relay League W1AW
Philippine Amatuer Radio Association DX1PAR
Philippine Radio Pyramid Society DX1PRS
owner:
LICENSED HAM RADIO OP:
DX1PRS GROUP 145.340 mhz
DX1PAR HF NET  7095.00 khz & 7165.0 khz
DU1/N6HPX:QRX DX1PAR 7095
DX1PRS 7165 khz evening
DX1PRS 145.340 mhz
DX1L 431.9,
SIMPLEX 144.6, 145.600
2M 144.225 SSB ,
APRS n6hpx(-08) HT Satellite (-02)
SATELLITE:
APRS N6HPX-2 GATEWAY

On Sun, Oct 6, 2019 at 2:57 PM Phill Morris (G6EES) <Phill.morris@...> wrote:

[...]

i add the program but which worked for quite a bite this morning but then came up later saying its missing a module. When I try to add the info on a callsign it pops up and blocks my attempts toad the info even manually. And yes I went into the program to get it going the first time. Now I am getting a message saying it needs Updating which I am doing at this moment.

On Sun, Oct 6, 2019 at 10:40 PM larry fields via Groups.Io <n6hpx1=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Rick Ellison

The next time you get an error message take a screenshot of it and send it to me. At rellison@...

73 Rick n2AMG

I loaded the software and been adding the info like grids and others. But I notice on the internal it shows a error where it needs a password and log in user name.

question is this one that comes from our regular log it one from the QRZ Page or one we need to make up.

Bad part of the external is it stops me at 102 look ups.

Thanks.

larry fields

The message that keeps coming up says the user name and password is wrong even after I attempt to add it.

On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 5:01 PM Rick Ellison <rellison@...> wrote:

The next time you get an error message take a screenshot of it and send it to me. At rellison@...

73 Rick n2AMG

I loaded the software and been adding the info like grids and others. But I notice on the internal it shows a error where it needs a password and log in user name.

question is this one that comes from our regular log it one from the QRZ Page or one we need to make up.

Bad part of the external is it stops me at 102 look ups.

Thanks.

Rick Ellison

Send me a screenshot so I can take a look and compare the sourcecode to the error.

73 Rick N2AMG

I loaded the software and been adding the info like grids and others. But I notice on the internal it shows a error where it needs a password and log in user name.

question is this one that comes from our regular log it one from the QRZ Page or one we need to make up.

Bad part of the external is it stops me at 102 look ups.

Thanks.

Image removed by sender.

larry fields

emailed just now

On Tue, Oct 8, 2019 at 1:52 AM Rick Ellison <rellison@...> wrote:

Send me a screenshot so I can take a look and compare the sourcecode to the error.

73 Rick N2AMG

I loaded the software and been adding the info like grids and others. But I notice on the internal it shows a error where it needs a password and log in user name.

question is this one that comes from our regular log it one from the QRZ Page or one we need to make up.

Bad part of the external is it stops me at 102 look ups.

Thanks.

Image removed by sender.

Rick Ellison

What version of the lookup are you using?? (Setup/About)

Next Click Setup/Open Setup. When the window opens select which lookup you are using. (Http=Free, XML=Paid)

Double check your username and password on that window and correct anything that is wrong and then click save.

Try another look up and see if it works for you. If you get the same message

1.       Double check your username and password on QRZ.

2.       If still not working click Setup/Debug/Debug on.

3.       Try another lookup after the lookup fails turn debug off

4.       In the directory where the lookup is installed you will find a file called L32LookupsDebugLog.txt attach that to an email to so I can see where it is failing..

73 Rick N2AMG