Problem with manual entry in DandMap

Eugene Yermakov

Hi.
I have a problem with manually entering a callsign in the BandMap onc. In WSJT-X UDP Server port number is 2240. In Logger32, the UDP settings have the same number.
In Cherry-Picking mode, everything works fine and the exchange between WSJT-X and Logger32 is normal. But, if I click on a callsign in the BandMap, the transmission does not occur, although this callsign appears in the input window of Logger32.
How to solve this problem?

ja1nlx

If you click callsign in UDP BandMap then this callsign is selected to call him
on next TX slot if he sends CQ (if you use wsjtx)

On 2022/09/28 15:23:43, Eugene Yermakov via groups.io <ua1afz@...> wrote:

Hi.
I have a problem with manually entering a callsign in the BandMap onc. In WSJT-X UDP Server port number is 2240. In Logger32, the UDP settings have the same number.
In Cherry-Picking mode, everything works fine and the exchange between WSJT-X and Logger32 is normal. But, if I click on a callsign in the BandMap, the transmission does not occur, although this callsign appears in the input window of Logger32.
How to solve this problem?

Eugene Yermakov

Hello ja1nlx.

I do that, but nothing happens. That is, there is no transmission and the called call sign does not fall into the WSJT-X input window.

--
Best regards,
Eugene Yermakov (R1FZ)

ja1nlx

Try to check these options.

Logger32 will send UDP message to call anyone who call CQ (in the case of wsjtx)

On 2022/09/28 15:43:08, Eugene Yermakov via groups.io <ua1afz@...> wrote:

[...]

bg0dpg

Which is easy to use WSJT and JTDX?

---- Replied Message ----
From Eugene Yermakov via groups.io<ua1afz@...>
Date 09/28/2022 14:23
To hamlogger@groups.io<hamlogger@groups.io>
Cc
Subject [hamlogger] Problem with manual entry in DandMap
Hi.
I have a problem with manually entering a callsign in the BandMap onc. In WSJT-X UDP Server port number is 2240. In Logger32, the UDP settings have the same number.
In Cherry-Picking mode, everything works fine and the exchange between WSJT-X and Logger32 is normal. But, if I click on a callsign in the BandMap, the transmission does not occur, although this callsign appears in the input window of Logger32.
How to solve this problem?

Jan <hamlogger@...>

JTDX
73
Jan
PA4JJ

Op 28-9-2022 om 12:22 schreef bg0dpg:
Which is easy to use WSJT and JTDX?

---- Replied Message ----
From Eugene Yermakov via groups.io<ua1afz@...>
Date 09/28/2022 14:23
To hamlogger@groups.io<hamlogger@groups.io>
Cc
Subject [hamlogger] Problem with manual entry in DandMap
Hi.
I have a problem with manually entering a callsign in the BandMap onc. In WSJT-X UDP Server port number is 2240. In Logger32, the UDP settings have the same number.
In Cherry-Picking mode, everything works fine and the exchange between WSJT-X and Logger32 is normal. But, if I click on a callsign in the BandMap, the transmission does not occur, although this callsign appears in the input window of Logger32.
How to solve this problem?

Jan
PA4JJ

My dxspider clusters running 24/7 on a raspberry pi 2
pa4jj-2 telnet 77.174.195.163 port 7300
pa4jj-3 telnet 77.174.195.163 port 7388

Eugene Yermakov

Hello bg0dpg.

WSJT-X

Which is easy to use WSJT and JTDX?

bg0dpg@...
邮箱:bg0dpg@...

---- Replied Message ----
From Eugene Yermakov via groups.io<ua1afz@...>
Date 09/28/2022 14:23
To hamlogger@groups.io<hamlogger@groups.io>
Cc
Subject [hamlogger] Problem with manual entry in DandMap
Hi.
I have a problem with manually entering a callsign in the BandMap onc. In WSJT-X UDP Server port number is 2240. In Logger32, the UDP settings have the same number.
In Cherry-Picking mode, everything works fine and the exchange between WSJT-X and Logger32 is normal. But, if I click on a callsign in the BandMap, the transmission does not occur, although this callsign appears in the input window of Logger32.
How to solve this problem?

--
Best regards,
Eugene Yermakov (R1FZ)

Eugene Yermakov

Hello Aki.

Both options are enabled

Wednesday, September 28, 2022, 10:03:18 AM, you wrote:

[...]

Sorry but I have no idea why manual callsing does not work.
Manual calling: click callsign in UDP BandMap. It will send UDP reply message when
he calls CQ and wsjtx/jtdx start to transmit.

This works fine as expected here.

On 2022/09/28 21:02:41, Eugene Yermakov via groups.io <ua1afz@...> wrote:

[...]

Bob

Last time I checked (a couple of years ago) WSJT-X did not support 'tail ending' a contact by UDP message ... WSJT-X didn't allow UDP replies to RR73/RRR/whatever. So, if you're using WSJT-X, manual calling will only call the station after a CQ.

See the second paragraph on page 323 of the help file. SeventyThree(s).

On 09/28/2022 8:02 AM Eugene Yermakov via groups.io <ua1afz@...> wrote:

[...]

Gary Hinson

They are similar and simple to install, so you can easily try them both out for yourself.

For me, JTDX has some worthwhile improvements to the user interface, such as being able to left-click the waterfall to move my RX frequency or right-click to move my TX frequency.   According to the JTDX team, it may also be slightly better at decoding DX but to be honest I'm not entirely sure and it doesn't make much difference to me in practice: sensitivity is not the main issue on HF.

On Wed, 28 Sept 2022 at 23:22, bg0dpg <bg0dpg@...> wrote:
Which is easy to use WSJT and JTDX?

---- Replied Message ----
From Eugene Yermakov via groups.io<ua1afz@...>