Problem on LoTW sync

Fabio IZ8MBW

Hello.
Sometimes happens this error during sync LoTW QSL file:

Inline image

Fabio, IZ8MBW

Steve Harbin KT5G

I experience a similar problem.  Except, in my case, Logger32 hangs and eventually crashes.  It sometimes works after I first launch Logger32, but hangs on subsequent attempts.

Bob

... at what stage of the process? With what options selected? Just a little information to point me in the right direction would be helpful. You said - ... but hangs on subsequent attempts. How often do you do a LoTW sync? How big is the file you process?  SeventyThree(s).

On 06/11/2021 10:35 PM Steve Harbin KT5G <kt5g@...> wrote:

I experience a similar problem.  Except, in my case, Logger32 hangs and eventually crashes.  It sometimes works after I first launch Logger32, but hangs on subsequent attempts.

Steve Harbin KT5G

The file is pretty small - maybe three to ten QSO's.

After a few QSO's that have been auto uploaded to LOTW:
(1) I manually click the "Download LOTW QSL Information and sync into Logger32" button on L32LogSync v2.0.18
(2) the status bar on L32LogSync displays "Processing Complete! 9 Records downloaded from the LOTW Server"
(3) L32LogSync presents a popup box stating: "The LOTW Download Report has been downloaded to: C:\L32LogSync\LOTW Reports\6122021 95550 PM_LotwDownloadQSOReport.adi  By clicking the OK button this will start the synchronize routines in Logger32 to import this file"
(4) I click the OK button on L32LogSync
(5) A file dialog box is presented requesting me to enter the file name of the report.  I select the file and press enter.
(6) Logger 32 presents a popup box with a greyed-out header: "LoTW Sync : c:\l32logsync\lotw reports\6122021 95550 pm_l..." . The rest of the popup box is blank.
(7) Clicking anywhere on the Logger32 application elicits no response whatsoever.
(8) After roughly a minute or so, Windows 10 pops up a box stating: "Logger32 has stopped working  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available".  I click on the Debug button.
(9) Visual Studio Just-in-Time Debugger pops up: An unhandled win32 exception occurred in [14896] Logger32.exe".  It requests Admin permission to debug. I click on "Yes, debug Logger32.exe"
(10) This is the debugger message for the unhandled exception: "Unhandled exception at 0x765D14AC (oleaut32.dll) in Logger32.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x000A0C4C."

Thanks for looking into this.  Please let me know if you need any additional info.

Steve KT5G

Steve Harbin KT5G

NEW BEHAVIOR IN v266

I downloaded .266 and in this version I get a popup notification to turn off the cherry picker to run the sync.  This may have been the culprit.

Bob

I had you , and several others, in mind when I added that. Let me know in a few days it that has resolved your problem. SeventyThree(s).

On 06/12/2021 11:55 PM Steve Harbin KT5G <kt5g@...> wrote:

NEW BEHAVIOR IN v266

I downloaded .266 and in this version I get a popup notification to turn off the cherry picker to run the sync.  This may have been the culprit.

Steve Harbin KT5G

Thanks Bob!  Its working well so far.

Bob

Enjoy.

On 06/14/2021 10:55 PM Steve Harbin KT5G <kt5g@...> wrote:

Thanks Bob!  Its working well so far.