Problem on LoTW sync

Fabio IZ8MBW

Hello.
Sometimes happens this error during sync LoTW QSL file:

Inline image

73
Fabio, IZ8MBW

Steve Harbin KT5G

I experience a similar problem.  Except, in my case, Logger32 hangs and eventually crashes.  It sometimes works after I first launch Logger32, but hangs on subsequent attempts.

Bob

... at what stage of the process? With what options selected? Just a little information to point me in the right direction would be helpful. You said - ... but hangs on subsequent attempts. How often do you do a LoTW sync? How big is the file you process?  SeventyThree(s).

On 06/11/2021 10:35 PM Steve Harbin KT5G <kt5g@...> wrote:

I experience a similar problem.  Except, in my case, Logger32 hangs and eventually crashes.  It sometimes works after I first launch Logger32, but hangs on subsequent attempts.

Steve Harbin KT5G

The file is pretty small - maybe three to ten QSO's.

After a few QSO's that have been auto uploaded to LOTW:
(1) I manually click the "Download LOTW QSL Information and sync into Logger32" button on L32LogSync v2.0.18
(2) the status bar on L32LogSync displays "Processing Complete! 9 Records downloaded from the LOTW Server"
(3) L32LogSync presents a popup box stating: "The LOTW Download Report has been downloaded to: C:\L32LogSync\LOTW Reports\6122021 95550 PM_LotwDownloadQSOReport.adi  By clicking the OK button this will start the synchronize routines in Logger32 to import this file"
(4) I click the OK button on L32LogSync
(5) A file dialog box is presented requesting me to enter the file name of the report.  I select the file and press enter.
(6) Logger 32 presents a popup box with a greyed-out header: "LoTW Sync : c:\l32logsync\lotw reports\6122021 95550 pm_l..." . The rest of the popup box is blank.
(7) Clicking anywhere on the Logger32 application elicits no response whatsoever.
(8) After roughly a minute or so, Windows 10 pops up a box stating: "Logger32 has stopped working  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available".  I click on the Debug button.
(9) Visual Studio Just-in-Time Debugger pops up: An unhandled win32 exception occurred in [14896] Logger32.exe".  It requests Admin permission to debug. I click on "Yes, debug Logger32.exe"
(10) This is the debugger message for the unhandled exception: "Unhandled exception at 0x765D14AC (oleaut32.dll) in Logger32.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x000A0C4C."

Thanks for looking into this.  Please let me know if you need any additional info.

Steve KT5G

Steve Harbin KT5G

NEW BEHAVIOR IN v266

I downloaded .266 and in this version I get a popup notification to turn off the cherry picker to run the sync.  This may have been the culprit.

Bob

I had you , and several others, in mind when I added that. Let me know in a few days it that has resolved your problem. SeventyThree(s).

On 06/12/2021 11:55 PM Steve Harbin KT5G <kt5g@...> wrote:

NEW BEHAVIOR IN v266

I downloaded .266 and in this version I get a popup notification to turn off the cherry picker to run the sync.  This may have been the culprit.

Steve Harbin KT5G

Thanks Bob!  Its working well so far.

Bob

Enjoy.