Topics

Problem in logging with duplicates

larry fields

   Problems with my Ham log is when I go through it I found many mistakes I never added. For example I add a VK6? or HL1? and when I do the dxcc it will show where I also worked the same station in duplicate forms, or on frequency's I never did. Many are 6 in a row. I have to go through it manually and remove some. My log is over 10,000 and last count I got 10,550. I I remove some it drops it down around 200 mistakes.

  Anyone else have this problem.

Bob

Huh? First, let's try to figure out where the 10K QSOs in your logbook - Did you import them from somewhere, or enter them in real-time logging in Logger32? Then, please explain what your interpretation of duplicate QSOs is. More than one QSO with a station on different bands/modes/times? A few pictures, of what you're seeing may help. SeventyThree(s).

On August 27, 2019 at 6:37 PM larry fields <n6hpx1@...> wrote:

   Problems with my Ham log is when I go through it I found many mistakes I never added. For example I add a VK6? or HL1? and when I do the dxcc it will show where I also worked the same station in duplicate forms, or on frequency's I never did. Many are 6 in a row. I have to go through it manually and remove some. My log is over 10,000 and last count I got 10,550. I I remove some it drops it down around 200 mistakes.

  Anyone else have this problem.

Vytas LY3BG

Hi, I also noticed that when I make a double (B4) QSO it doesn't log in to Logger32.

73   Vytas  LY3BG

2019-08-28 01:48, Bob rašė:

[...]

I worked mostly the digital modes and it was programs like WSJT-x when I do this I save the log to that program and then add it to the Hamlogger program. Occasionally I go back and recheck the log as there were times when I added it to qrz, club log and HRD and saw comments that I need to recheck it as there were mistakes in the log. Like when I worked Croatia on FT8 and found the log saying I worked him on 20m(which I did) and also it claimed 6m (which was wrong) My 10k plus I end up going through from 2014-2019 part and it ends up dropping due to the duplicate mistakes. Not sure if its the software or what.

Thanks and 73
Larry Fields: du1/n6hpx
Manila PHILIPPINES

Retired looking for more work
Office:(63)46-571-5687
cell:    (63)916-756-7781
member:
American Radio Relay League W1AW
Philippine Amatuer Radio Association DX1PAR
Philippine Radio Pyramid Society DX1PRS
owner:
LICENSED HAM RADIO OP:
DX1PRS GROUP 145.340 mhz
DX1PAR HF NET  7095.00 khz & 7165.0 khz
DU1/N6HPX:QRX DX1PAR 7095
DX1PRS 7165 khz evening
DX1PRS 145.340 mhz
DX1L 431.9,
SIMPLEX 144.6, 145.600

2M 144.225 SSB ,
APRS n6hpx(-08) HT
SATELLITE:
APRS N6HPX-2 GATEWAY

On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 10:48 PM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

[...]

I didn't understand the previous report, but I believe he said multiple duplicate QSOs (that he didn't make) were logged. What exactly do you see? I just logged a QSO with LY3BG on 20 CW, then another on 15 CW, then another on 20 CW. All three QSOs are logged. What am I doing wrong?

SeventyThree(s).

2019-08-28 01:48, Bob rašė:

[...]

Larry, how are you getting the QSOs from WSJT-X into Logger32 - in real time by the UDP message interface, or by loading the ADIF file from WSJT-X into Logger32? Did you look in the WSJT-X log to see if the 6M Croatia QSO was logged there and copied from that log to Logger32?  You appear to be copying logs to many different places. What is the process ... Do you copy WSHT-X logs to Logger32, then from Logger32 to QRZ and HDR and CLUB LOG? What kind of message does QRZ, HRD, and Club Log give you that tells you something is wrong? To be honest, I still have no idea what you're foing. 73.

On August 28, 2019 at 4:49 AM larry fields <n6hpx1@...> wrote:

[...]

Sorry, goes talking about automatic QSO recording from JTDX or WSJT-X in FT8 or FT4 mode.

73  Vytas LY3BG

2019-08-28 01:48, Bob rašė:

[...]

For QSOs logged by UDP messages from WSJT/JTDX QSO logging requests with stations that have been logged within the past five minutes (on the same band/mode) are ignored. 73.

2019-08-28 01:48, Bob rašė:

[...]

Thats my problem too, I think I need to do the paper log and then add it, as when I log in FT8 or JT65 it shows me working a dx station on 6m and when I send it out of qrz I get comments about it

2019-08-28 01:48, Bob rašė:

[...]

usually when I log the station I save it to my file here and then transfer it to the logger, usually a day or 2 I come back and check and thats when I discover it has multi for example my log for wsjt-x would be listed du1/n6hpx and then the wsjt-x.adi

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 10:05 AM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

[...]

Did you check the WSJT-X log to see if your 6M Croatia QSO was there? 73.

2019-08-28 01:48, Bob rašė:

[...]

The B4 QSO on 20m was not recorded, I typed it by hand.

73  Vytas LY3BG

2019-08-28 01:48, Bob rašė:

[...]

on the info of the wsjt-x I do and its not listing it there for example other countries it does the same so I guess I have to proof read it

2019-08-28 01:48, Bob rašė:

[...]

it one time even showed me doing 6m to the states and havent done 6m in years since our solar cycle went down..I only have 11 countries confirmed on 6 m and it listed me as working USA one time, most of my countries have been asia

2019-08-28 01:48, Bob rašė:

[...]

Sorry Larry, I have no idea what you said ... usually when I log the station I save it to my file here What file where? ... I discover it has multi for example my log for wsjt-x would be listed du1/n6hpx and then the wsjt-x.adi  What are you talking about? Yes, the log in WSJT-X is called WSJT-X.ADI, but what file/log is DU1/N6HPX?   Grab another San Miguel and check the wsjt-x.adi and see if the 6M Croatia QSO is there? 73.

On August 28, 2019 at 6:26 AM larry fields <n6hpx1@...> wrote:

[...]

Larry, but how were these imaginary 6M QSOs entered into Logger32? Did you load an ADIF file from somewhere? Did Logger32 get bored and add the QSOs by itself? Did the cat walk across the keyboard? 73.

2019-08-28 01:48, Bob rašė:

[...]

I am loading the log now and once I find an example I will add it here. I used croatia as and example but it has shown some 6m comments and others as multiple.

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 10:36 AM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

[...]

I think my alchemy experiments are affecting my eyesight. I'm seen double. I will do some testing. 73.

2019-08-28 01:48, Bob rašė:

[...]

I just took a picture and hope it goes through. I may have to clean the log again

2019-08-28 01:48, Bob rašė:

[...]

Vytas, I have tested the code that checks if a QSO Logging request by UDP message has already been logged within the last five minutes, and it appears to be working as expected. Logger32 keeps a file of all QSO Logging requests received in a file \UDP Logging requests.txt (this file is deleted every time Logger32 starts). Previously duplicate logging requests were not recorded in this file. The next version will. 73.